Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Canopy Piloting Training Series Event Three - March 23-25 @ Raeford Parachute Center

Premier slotperfect  (D 13014)
Jan 24, 2012, 7:18 AM
Post #1 of 16 (1457 views)
Shortcut
Canopy Piloting Training Series Event Three - March 23-25 @ Raeford Parachute Center Can't Post

Raeford Parachute Center is hosting the Canopy Piloting Training Series March 23-25 2012.

Spring training camp in between FLCPA meets #2 and #3 with coaching by Ian Bobo of the Performance Designs Factory Team and SFC Greg Windmiller of the U.S. Army Golden Knights (for his bio click on "Competition Teams," "Style & Accuracy," then Greg's picture in the bottom right).

This event kicks off on Friday with a Canopy Piloting Fundamentals class from Greg Windmiller. Jumpers who are new to high performance approaches (e.g. progressing from a straight-in, full-flight approach to a turning approach using front risers) are welcome - Greg's class on Friday is set up with you in mind!

Cost is $100 per day or $250 for the entire weekend for those who pre-register via PayPal (juan45@windstream.net) no later than 7:00 PM on Thursday, March 22nd. Includes world-class coaching, video debrief of all jumps, refreshments, and a catered meal. Hop and pop tickets are $16 each.

Course uses official FAI inflatable course markers. CPTS sponsor Sun Path Products will be on site.

Contact John Nolan for details: Facebook Page, CPTS Website, or juan45@windstream.net.

(This post was edited by slotperfect on Jan 24, 2012, 7:21 AM)

Jan 26, 2012, 3:30 PM
Post #2 of 16 (1396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slotperfect] Canopy Piloting Training Series Event Three - March 23-25 @ Raeford Parachute Center [In reply to] Can't Post

Raeford Aviation's PAC 750XL and Twin Otter will be available all weekend to handle this CPTS Event and regular DZ skydiver traffic. Cool The PAC has a brand new prop and hot section and is climbing fast! The Otter door has recently received some TLC as well, and now has a positive vibe generator installed. Angelic

Jan 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #3 of 16 (1385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slotperfect] Canopy Piloting Training Series Event Three - March 23-25 @ Raeford Parachute Center [In reply to] Can't Post

Sky Systems, USA (Doug Park), another CPTS sponsor, will also be on site for this event.

Feb 5, 2012, 6:09 PM
Post #4 of 16 (1332 views)
Shortcut

We are getting a LOT of interest in this event . . . lots of folks saying they are coming. We anticipated this and are prepared with two coaches - *BUT* - the only way to guarantee a slot is to pre-register. PayPal is the vehicle and the address is juan45@windstream.net We have a cap on the number of slots this event will support so you may want to finalize your plans.

Feb 18, 2012, 7:31 AM
Post #5 of 16 (1295 views)
Shortcut

Exciting updates:

-In addition to being a skills camp, this event will be used to train Judges, mostly to familiarize them with the new Distance Event rules.
-Taking advantage of the March breezes, the new distance course will be set up downwind for select canopy pilots to make distance runs attempting to set new North Carolina, FLCPA, and U.S. Distance records.
-This additional event segment will likely result in some other competitive canopy pilots stopping by to have a go at breaking some records.

More to follow as this segment continues to develop . . .

Premier ianmdrennan  (D 25821)
Feb 18, 2012, 6:24 PM
Post #6 of 16 (1287 views)
Shortcut

High likelihood I'll be there Smile

Feb 20, 2012, 2:22 PM
Post #7 of 16 (1258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianmdrennan] Canopy Piloting Training Series Event Three - March 23-25 @ Raeford Parachute Center [In reply to] Can't Post

VERY glad to hear that, Ian. This event is shaping up to be our best ever! I have been working on some other arrangements today that will be a benefit for all participants - Competitors and Fundamentals folks as well.

Now all we need is good weather.

More to follow as I get all the other stuff nailed down . . .

Premier ianmdrennan  (D 25821)
Mar 6, 2012, 6:23 PM
Post #8 of 16 (1199 views)
Shortcut

Confirming my attendance Smile

See you there!

freefall109  (Student)

Mar 7, 2012, 4:13 PM
Post #9 of 16 (1186 views)
Shortcut

I am a newb, a few jumps away from my A and in need of some canopy coaching. What are the requirements for the class? Thanks

Mar 12, 2012, 4:00 PM
Post #10 of 16 (1165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [freefall109] Canopy Piloting Training Series Event Three - March 23-25 @ Raeford Parachute Center [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! After careful consideration, I recommend that you stick with your current Instructors and skydiving school until you finish all training through your A license, then catch us at our next event. In the meantime, I can recommend some great sources of post-A license canopy coaching. I'm not sure of your location, but if you are close to us at Raeford I have local recommendations as well. We look forward to hearing from you!

shaggio  (D 24763)

Mar 12, 2012, 4:14 PM
Post #11 of 16 (1163 views)
Shortcut

6 confirmed Peeps from Skydive Carolina will be there! It should be a blast!!

freefall109  (Student)

Mar 13, 2012, 5:21 AM
Post #12 of 16 (1152 views)
Shortcut

Slotperfect,

I am at RPC.

Jason

Mar 13, 2012, 2:19 PM
Post #13 of 16 (1142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [freefall109] Canopy Piloting Training Series Event Three - March 23-25 @ Raeford Parachute Center [In reply to] Can't Post

I will be back in town this Friday . . . at RPC for Safety Day on Saturday. Look me up and we can chat about it.

wildcard451  (D License)

Mar 15, 2012, 7:34 PM
Post #14 of 16 (1118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shaggio] Canopy Piloting Training Series Event Three - March 23-25 @ Raeford Parachute Center [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
6 confirmed Peeps from Skydive Carolina will be there! It should be a blast!!

Who the hell invited you?

Mar 19, 2012, 3:07 PM
Post #15 of 16 (1094 views)
Shortcut

Friendly pre-registration deadline reminder:

To get the discounted 3-day weekend price of $250 you must pre-register no later than 7:00 PM Thursday, March 22nd. After that, cost is $100/day ($300 for the whole weekend).

Pre-register via PayPal juan45@windstream.net.

I will also be in PK's Grill and Pub at Raeford Parachute Center from 5:30 to 7:00 PM on Thursday March 22nd to handle registration.

shaggio  (D 24763)

Mar 26, 2012, 9:21 AM
Post #16 of 16 (1036 views)
Shortcut

Thank you guys for hosting another fantastic event! I cant wait for CPTS event #4!!!

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)