Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
20 U Singer manual

judogirl5  (C 37933)

Jan 25, 2012, 4:28 PM
Post #1 of 9 (612 views)
Shortcut
20 U Singer manual Can't Post

Just got my first rigging sewing machine. Yay!! and beer, I know. My question is--I am now looking for a manual for it so I can remember how to use it and keep it happy. Thought I might be able to find it at parachutemanuals.com but alas that is not the case. Any help would be great. Thanks.

monkycndo  (D License)

Jan 25, 2012, 4:34 PM
Post #2 of 9 (605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [judogirl5] 20 U Singer manual [In reply to] Can't Post

http://parts.singerco.com/IPinstManuals/20U.pdf

(This post was edited by monkycndo on Jan 25, 2012, 4:36 PM)

Premier likestojump  (D License)

Jan 25, 2012, 4:45 PM
Post #3 of 9 (601 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Just got my first rigging sewing machine. Yay!! and beer, I know. My question is--I am now looking for a manual for it so I can remember how to use it and keep it happy. Thought I might be able to find it at parachutemanuals.com but alas that is not the case. Any help would be great. Thanks.

the best advice I ever got to keeping a sewing machine happy is to have lots of spare needles and to never be lazy with oiling it !

enjoy the 20U

sprtdth  (D 4730)

Jan 25, 2012, 6:15 PM
Post #4 of 9 (579 views)
Shortcut

First machine, sweet! Like has been said, plenty of high quality needles, and stainless oil.
If you need more Singer manuals try http://www.singermachines.co.uk/indstbooks.htm
Oh! Be careful, those machines will breed, next you'll need a walking foot, then a double needle, then.......

theonlyski  (D License)

Jan 25, 2012, 7:33 PM
Post #5 of 9 (569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sprtdth] 20 U Singer manual [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Oh! Be careful, those machines will breed, next you'll need a walking foot, then a double needle, then.......

I know! I started with a Singer 31-15, now I have a Sailrite LSZ-1 (walking foot, zigzag) as well.

Good thing I can't find any cheap bartackers or 7-class machines! Blush

Congrats Andi!

(This post was edited by theonlyski on Jan 25, 2012, 8:22 PM)

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Jan 25, 2012, 8:04 PM
Post #6 of 9 (560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [monkycndo] 20 U Singer manual [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sean,

So what are your thoughts for going down that long, wrong road of sewing machine purchase(s)?

Angelic

JerryBaumchen

monkycndo  (D License)

Jan 25, 2012, 9:27 PM
Post #7 of 9 (545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JerryBaumchen] 20 U Singer manual [In reply to] Can't Post

Who said anything about machine(s)? I don't know what you are talking about.Tongue

The last deal I found I passed onto someone else. I have no need for a 7-33....., yet.Angelic

And Ski, what bar tacker are you looking for? I found a couple sweet deals recently.

theonlyski  (D License)

Jan 26, 2012, 5:02 AM
Post #8 of 9 (519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [monkycndo] 20 U Singer manual [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Who said anything about machine(s)? I don't know what you are talking about.Tongue

The last deal I found I passed onto someone else. I have no need for a 7-33....., yet.Angelic

And Ski, what bar tacker are you looking for? I found a couple sweet deals recently.

CHEAP ones. LaughLaugh I can't justify a bunch of money for a machine, but if I come across one that needs some TLC for cheap, I'd consider it.

judogirl5  (C 37933)

Jan 26, 2012, 5:38 PM
Post #9 of 9 (464 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] 20 U Singer manual [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all the help! I'm ok with breeding Blush. the susie homemaker singer I have does well on my quilting but it doesn't like nylon so much so I had been looking for an upgrade for a while. thanks again!!

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)