Feb 28, 2003, 9:20 PM
Post #1 of 9
Denver Skydivers 4-20 Boogie
Join us for our second annual CASA boogie at Denver Skydivers. Last year was a huge success flying back to back CASA loads for two days and our King Air. More of the same this year
-Thursday 04-17-2003 Chris Gray and other members of Team XAOS will hosting a canopy skills camp. Cost is $100.00. This includes 5 jumps and coaching. (Cessna 205) -Canopy skills competition for all skill levels throughout the weekend. (Including a swoop contest for the experienced) -The CASA will be here on Friday 04-18 (Jump price $20.00) -Our Standard King Air(Jump price $20.00) -2 Helecoptors (Prices are not confirmed) -We are working on a balloon, but has not been confirmed. -Roland can get any gear you would like to demo while at the boogie. This requires at least 2 weeks notice. Contact him at DS. -Lemon Engine will be performing Saturday night. -Free Beer -Cookout (There will be a charge...Last year was 5.00 for lots of good food.) -We will be firing Randy's homemade cannon...Bring the fruit of your choice. -Lots of room for camping, Hot showers, motels minutes from DZ. No hookups, but plenty of room for RV's and campers.
You're bummin me out Rosman, how can we have a CASA boogie with no CASA? Also, will Team XAOS only be there on Thursday, or will there be camps all weekend? Let me know... Hey, have you figured out how to spot yet or should we still just trust that damned GPS?
I just got off the phone with Ralph at DS. The XAOS questions will be answered tonight. Ralph did not have the answers.
If it does go bad...I can tell you Chris Gray will be staying at DS this summer and available for coaching almost anytime. I think he tied for second at Nationals last year in the sport swoop comp.
They are struggling to make this boogie happen without the CASA to be honest. There is still a chance for another bigger airplane to add to their KA. I don't want to make any promises though because I am just a middle man...
As for the spot.....Jesse(our Sat pilot) does not have problems with it, however Phil has been having a hard time getting anyone on the DZ for the past 2 weeks. Very frustrating to say the least. There was a go-around for a Tandem and they still didn't make it back with no uppers. Roland was on the plane and helped Phil, and all the loads after that were good, but we will have to wait and see when the winds and uppers change.
Sorry guys...hopefully I will have some good news soon. Please feel free to call Ralph or Randy at DS if you need answers to questions right away.
Not being a Brush jumper, I'm out of the loop concerning whether or not anything is supposed to happen there this weekend (of course Mother Nature might not let any of us jump in CO this coming weekend). But I've heard that the Casa was NOT coming either way. So what's the scoop this weekend? Anyone?