Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
in search of a DZ to start skydiving!

rommel87

Jan 14, 2012, 3:08 AM
Post #1 of 8 (692 views)
Shortcut
in search of a DZ to start skydiving! Can't Post

hullo all!,

I've been wanting to learn skydiving since the last two years. I've finally planned a sabbatical whose destination would solely revolve around a destination where i could complete my AFF (hopefully attain A license as well). I currently reside in dubai and there seems to be a great DZ and training school here. Since its a long overdue vacation i would love to make a trip to a country where i can learn skydiving as well. (complete my AFF within 1-2 weeks max) Could anyone advise a good and feasible DZ in the region or the closest best place to go to?.. North America and Austrailia DZ's are out off budget (in terms of travel ) locations so any other recommendations would be truly and deeply appreciated. I've really wanted to do this for a very long time now and i just cant wait any longer :)... ...hoping to receive some kickass suggestions..thanks!

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jan 14, 2012, 5:43 AM
Post #2 of 8 (679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rommel87] in search of a DZ to start skydiving! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile The Dubai dz is fast becoming one of the premiere destinations in the world for skydiving. Why don't you get your training done there and then take a skydiving vacation somewhere? That way, you wouldn't be pressed to get your training done in a specific period of time and you wouldn't have to worry about weather conditions screwing you up.

deltron80  (A License)

Feb 10, 2012, 7:40 PM
Post #3 of 8 (581 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
hullo all!,

I've been wanting to learn skydiving since the last two years. I've finally planned a sabbatical whose destination would solely revolve around a destination where i could complete my AFF (hopefully attain A license as well). I currently reside in dubai and there seems to be a great DZ and training school here. Since its a long overdue vacation i would love to make a trip to a country where i can learn skydiving as well. (complete my AFF within 1-2 weeks max) Could anyone advise a good and feasible DZ in the region or the closest best place to go to?.. North America and Austrailia DZ's are out off budget (in terms of travel ) locations so any other recommendations would be truly and deeply appreciated. I've really wanted to do this for a very long time now and i just cant wait any longer :)... ...hoping to receive some kickass suggestions..thanks!

Translation: "Hello, I live on the runway of the best dropzone in the Milky Way galaxy. Where can I go to learn how to skydive? kthx"

charlie5  (A 62022)

Feb 13, 2012, 8:27 AM
Post #4 of 8 (493 views)
Shortcut

People would kill to live by skydive dubai, take advantage of it and the views it offers!

SivaGanesha  (A 65419)

Feb 20, 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #5 of 8 (418 views)
Shortcut

I would think that if someone lives in Dubai it is because of the direct intervention of the Hand of God--the three perons of the trinity--and that should be respected!

SivaGanesha  (A 65419)

Feb 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #6 of 8 (417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SivaGanesha] in search of a DZ to start skydiving! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
the three perons of the trinity

Wow...minor typo...obviously I meant the three persons of the trinity!

spikes2020  (A 254590)

Feb 22, 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #7 of 8 (342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charlie5] in search of a DZ to start skydiving! [In reply to] Can't Post

I lived in Qatar about a 30 min flight from there, and the only problem is see is if you did it in the summer... It gets way too hot! But shit durring the winter i would kill to skydive in Dubi!

For those who dont live there the summers get to about 55C and its not a dry heat as the Persian Gulf is right there. It depends on the wind direction...

Edit: spelling, yeah i suck at it.

(This post was edited by spikes2020 on Feb 22, 2012, 10:57 AM)

airtwardo  (D License)

Feb 24, 2012, 8:42 PM
Post #8 of 8 (270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spikes2020] in search of a DZ to start skydiving! [In reply to] Can't Post

55C

In reply to:

131F???ShockedCrazy

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)