First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Next page Last page  View All

stratostar  (Student)

Dec 15, 2011, 7:13 AM
Post #1 of 721 (27403 views)
Shortcut
Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise Can't Post

http://www.timescall.com/...i_19517981#idc-cover

https://www.facebook.com/...kies/213188222077598

The chick in this story has a major issues with mile high skydiving, she's a hater! (and taking notes on other dz's in the us)

Not only is she a nutcase, her and most her followers are clueless on how the national airspace system works and who is in charge of rule making and standards. This is a great example of how one or two very misinformed people can cause a lot of problems for people in wasted time and money by a business and by the city/FAA to deal with them.

And you guys thought farmer Mcnasty was bad.

(This post was edited by stratostar on Dec 15, 2011, 7:29 AM)

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Dec 15, 2011, 7:32 AM
Post #2 of 721 (27137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stratostar] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

"Mile-Hi has been doing jumps at the airport since 1995. But it's only recently that complaints about its noise have taken off. In 2010, the airport got 488 calls complaining about the skydiving (332 of them from three people, according to records). This year, Barth said, calls are on track to surpass 400 again."

Wow! Three people, one (pictured) moved in after the DZ opened and is only using the DZ so she can stop the runway extension!

Why does the City even listen to this nonsense?

Matt

stratostar  (Student)

Dec 15, 2011, 7:37 AM
Post #3 of 721 (27130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

They claim on the FB posting and news stories that has nothing to do with the noise complaints. But I'm with ya here, I'm sure there is an agenda.

normiss  (D 28356)

Dec 15, 2011, 7:49 AM
Post #4 of 721 (27105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stratostar] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

People need to print out her facebook page and bring it to the hearings.
She is selectively going after skydiving operations around the country.
Man what a bitch this chick is.

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Dec 15, 2011, 7:49 AM
Post #5 of 721 (27105 views)
Shortcut

The comments under the news story start to show the agenda.

This is like the yahoos near SFO who started to complain about the heavies every ten minutes, flying over their property in Foster City.

The Airport was operating in the 50's (?), Foster City was a wet marsh till the 70's, then filled in and built over a period of ten years, the yahoos moved in around the late 80's. They wanted SFO to change the flight patterns or close down. Right.

Matt

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Dec 15, 2011, 7:50 AM
Post #6 of 721 (27104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [normiss] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

If you look at who her "likes" are, I think a few of the DZ's folks are doing just that.Wink

Matt

GobbleGobble  (D 32887)

Dec 15, 2011, 7:59 AM
Post #7 of 721 (27085 views)
Shortcut

Good luck is all I can say. Hopefully MHS doesn't need it.

jimmytavino  (A 3914)

Dec 15, 2011, 8:11 AM
Post #8 of 721 (27065 views)
Shortcut

..what an abuse of Our Freedom Of Speech...

don't most DZO's have enough to deal with.. without THIS sort of nonsense...Crazy

Man... I wake up EACH DAY, thinkin'
" wouldn't it be COOL Cool to hear something like a DeHAV.. Twin Otter !!!! (cranking those turbines,,,,running a bunch of HAppy HAppy people, Up to altitude,) ... flying over MY head !!!!
i think... i could Not get enough of THAT !!!...Unimpressed

the woman is a menace

jt

normiss  (D 28356)

Dec 15, 2011, 8:13 AM
Post #9 of 721 (27052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmytavino] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

I LOVE living near an airport.
Andrea does laugh at me a lot when I go running out to see what's flying overhead.

jimmytavino  (A 3914)

Dec 15, 2011, 8:32 AM
Post #10 of 721 (27029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [normiss] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Andrea does laugh at me a lot when I go running out to see what's flying overhead.

hahaha.. Honest to God!!! Normiss...
i do the same thing....Crazy.

can often tell if it's a piston or a turbine, can tell a single from a twin... and Looove it if i hear a RADIAL engine!!!WinkCool

But i take it a step further..Crazy
if I SEE it,,Shocked and it looks like a cessna..!!Cool I always yell!!!
"Get Out " !!!!!SlyCoolWink
and then,, i'm always sad,,UnsureFrown when they DON'T !!!

jmy

normiss  (D 28356)

Dec 15, 2011, 8:38 AM
Post #11 of 721 (27024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

Her FB page

She lives in Florida????
CrazyCrazyCrazy

peregrinerose  (D 28983)

Dec 15, 2011, 8:38 AM
Post #12 of 721 (27021 views)
Shortcut

Is it really necessary to call her a bitch just because you disagree with her and her arguements? I find that unfair and inappropriate.

normiss  (D 28356)

Dec 15, 2011, 8:43 AM
Post #13 of 721 (27015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peregrinerose] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

Given what she's doing going after every DZ on the planet....yea, you're right. She's just a friendly person.
My bad.

BrokenR1  (Student)

Dec 15, 2011, 8:56 AM
Post #14 of 721 (27002 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Her FB page

She lives in Florida????
CrazyCrazyCrazy

Lol, her husbands facebook page has him sitting in a cockpit.

Hellis

Dec 15, 2011, 9:20 AM
Post #15 of 721 (26981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BrokenR1] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

And his favorite sport is.....
Paragliding

RM1  (D 28681)

Dec 15, 2011, 9:31 AM
Post #16 of 721 (26964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hellis] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes she is a bitch. I have had first hand dealings with her when i operated out of Boulder. Primarily she is a loon with no grip on reality however that also describes many of the Boulder residents. I also was forced to look into a restraining order against her because she would harass my bus drivers while they were in the landing area. I lost one of my landing areas thanks to her threatening to sue everyone for the "painful noise" she had to endure.

Fortunately the owners of the property she got me kicked out of found us another one right across the street from the one i had and even closer to her house than the previous with the added bonus being the new owner hates everyone (besides us). She has threatened to sue me more times then i can count however she is all talk. I did everything i could to make her happy including running the plane at as low of a power setting as possible starting 3 miles away from her house while also monitoring the noise from the ground with a decibel meter only to realize the plane was actually quieter than the birds on the ground. Any way i digress. Think i might have to attend this meeting just to irritate her some.

stratostar  (Student)

Dec 15, 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #17 of 721 (26922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peregrinerose] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't call her a bitch for voicing her point of view, I would call her a bitch for having that look on her face in the photo, she just looks like a bitch and based on the news stories and her own words, I would in fact have to say she, Kimberly Gibbs -- with Citizens for Quiet Skies, is in fact a bitch.

Now she lives in Dade City, Look out Dolphin and Z-hills next thing you'll know she will be after you too, then the rest of FL. LaughCrazy

(This post was edited by stratostar on Dec 15, 2011, 12:04 PM)

Namowal  (A 63059)

Dec 15, 2011, 10:16 AM
Post #18 of 721 (26896 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I live near one airport and work near another (Los Angeles International). One of my everyday treats is that I get to see and hear airplanes all the time.Cool

sundevil777  (D License)

Dec 15, 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #19 of 721 (26853 views)
Shortcut

Maybe they should be flying over her house on purpose (accidentally of course). It might cause her head to explode, problem solved.

sundevil777  (D License)

Dec 15, 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #20 of 721 (26845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sundevil777] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

At least everyone that flies an airplane in the area should be doing low (legal) flights over her house. Especially those that are really loud.

Hellis

Dec 15, 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #21 of 721 (26795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sundevil777] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

Radial engines Cool
AN-2, B-17, T-28, Corsair.. So many...

Andrewwhyte  (C 1988)

Dec 15, 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #22 of 721 (26778 views)
Shortcut

Sounds like they need to have a "Beech-18" boogie.

Andrewwhyte  (C 1988)

Dec 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #23 of 721 (26769 views)
Shortcut

Her husband's FB profile photo shows him in a cockpit.

Andrewwhyte  (C 1988)

Dec 15, 2011, 11:44 AM
Post #24 of 721 (26756 views)
Shortcut

Strat,
Your second link takes me to my own FB page. I looked for 'citizens for Quiet Skies and FB says DNE.
What is the actual name of the page?

sundevil777  (D License)

Dec 15, 2011, 11:44 AM
Post #25 of 721 (26755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrewwhyte] Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Sounds like they need to have a "Beech-18" boogie.

Better for it to be from non-skydiving planes, not based at that local airport, from all around the area, making low passes over her house over and over again, even late at night. The message would be, back off or you'll wish for the quiet skies you used to have. Her neighbors would also be pushing for her to stop making trouble.

(This post was edited by sundevil777 on Dec 15, 2011, 11:46 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)