Forums: Skydiving: Wind Tunnels:
Tunnel Time as Xmas gift?

haze2

Dec 11, 2011, 4:58 PM
Post #1 of 9 (752 views)
Shortcut
Tunnel Time as Xmas gift? Can't Post

I'm not a skydiver (yet), but I would like to purchase some tunnel time for my son for Christmas. He has a D license and jumps at Skydive AZ and I need to know what would be an appropriate amount of time. I don't want to break the bank, but I want to get him enough to insure the time is productive. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Squeak  (E 1313)

Dec 11, 2011, 9:45 PM
Post #2 of 9 (701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [haze2] Tunnel Time as Xmas gift? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm not a skydiver (yet), but I would like to purchase some tunnel time for my son for Christmas. He has a D license and jumps at Skydive AZ and I need to know what would be an appropriate amount of time. I don't want to break the bank, but I want to get him enough to insure the time is productive. Any suggestions? Thanks!
One hour. with coach is aprox $950-$1100 depending on coach.

1hour would be minimum i would want for a D licenced jumper

beowulf  (C License)

Dec 12, 2011, 6:04 AM
Post #3 of 9 (684 views)
Shortcut

You can purchase the tunnel time in smaller increments. Go to http://skyventureaz.com

You don't have to buy a full hour. Any amount will be appreciated and useful. While I was at Skydive Arizona for Nationals I bought 5 minutes of tunnel time and really had a blast flying in the tunnel.

Ron

Dec 12, 2011, 8:57 AM
Post #4 of 9 (659 views)
Shortcut

Its a gift, buy what you can easily afford and it will be enough.

15 mins can do wonders for a lot of people. And much more than 15mins might be too much for someone who does not have a lot of tunnel.

haze2

Dec 12, 2011, 12:28 PM
Post #5 of 9 (644 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

VanillaSkyGirl

Dec 12, 2011, 2:58 PM
Post #6 of 9 (623 views)
Shortcut

Please do NOT feel as though you have to buy an hour. Most skydivers, "D" license or not, do not get the chance to fly that much tunnel time at once.

Any amount of time, that you can afford would be a wonderful gift, even 5, 10 or 15 minutes. I used to work at a tunnel, and 10-15 minute sessions are just fine for most jumpers to see a good amount of improvement. (Non-jumper gifts would be 2-4 minute sessions.) Most jumpers would feel happy with a 15 minute session, so I'd recommend that, but only if it's affordable for you. If you can buy more, that's great.

I'm sure that your son will be thrilled with any amount, and that he'll feel happy that you support his passion. Happy holidays! Smile

haze2

Dec 13, 2011, 5:23 PM
Post #7 of 9 (576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VanillaSkyGirl] Tunnel Time as Xmas gift? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for you insight Rosa. It seems most everyone I've spoken with agrees that an hour is not necessary. After all, this is a gift, not a financial endowment. My son has been hounding me to learn to skydive so I think I'm going to buy 30- minutes and we will share it with 15-minutes each. I suspect he'll be thrilled with the gift.

VanillaSkyGirl

Dec 14, 2011, 8:29 AM
Post #8 of 9 (541 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Thanks for you insight Rosa. It seems most everyone I've spoken with agrees that an hour is not necessary. After all, this is a gift, not a financial endowment. My son has been hounding me to learn to skydive so I think I'm going to buy 30- minutes and we will share it with 15-minutes each. I suspect he'll be thrilled with the gift.

Sharing the 1/2 hour with him will be a fantastic way for you two to bond, which adds greatly to the gift! Your son will love it. It sounds like the perfect gift to me. I hope that you both enjoy it, and have a wonderful Christmas! Smile

hparrish  (D 25090)

Dec 16, 2011, 2:03 PM
Post #9 of 9 (497 views)
Shortcut

I think the part of you sharing it with him will be the best part of this gift. Awesome !!!!

Forums : Skydiving : Wind Tunnels

Search for (options)