Forums: Dropzone.com: Security and Scam Alerts:
Username: jeffyrichard001 -- Classified Buyer Scam

Premier Meso
Administrator
Nov 23, 2011, 5:19 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1085 views)
Shortcut
Username: jeffyrichard001 -- Classified Buyer Scam Can't Post

The following message is a scam attempt. Should you have received this message in reply to one of your ads, ignore any correspondence attempts from the user listed below.

Quote:
On 23-Nov-2011 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => jeffyrichard001

Name => Jeffy

FromEmail => jeffyrichard@googlemail.com

City =>

Country =>

Comments => I am using this medium to notify you of my interest in purchasing your item which i will like to ask some few question,

still available for sale ?
What is the asking price ?
What is the condition?
Has this involved in any damage before?
do i need to repair?

I would like to pay using PayPal,After payments has been made i will arrange for pick up of the item as soon as possible,will you let my pick-up agent to come to you house for the pick up? Because i don't want you to worry yourself about the shipment.

Regards

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

cloreo

Nov 24, 2011, 3:28 PM
Post #2 of 3 (992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Username: jeffyrichard001 -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

Yesterday I began a conversation with him...it was so strange like you say. thank you. Mad

cappy58

Dec 21, 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #3 of 3 (880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Username: jeffyrichard001 -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish I had seen this before I was scammed By him/her! Jeffyrichard@rediff.com contacted me about a boat I am selling online and I sent 600.00 through Western Union and tried to stop payment but the money had already been picked up. He spoofed a paypal page and it said the payment for the boat was pending a copy of the western union tranfer info. it was sent to "Cynthia Brown" I asked WU if I had any recourse in getting back my money and they basically said I was screwed. I filed a report with local law enforcement and online with IC3.com but I do not know where to go from here or if there is anything that I can do. His/her email IP shows it was from India

Forums : Dropzone.com : Security and Scam Alerts

Search for (options)