dninness  (D 19617)

Oct 8, 2011, 8:21 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1577 views)
Shortcut
I thought this was a little odd Can't Post

I was surfing for something else and came across this:

http://www.mademan.com/mm/indoor-skydiving-spots-atlanta.html

I'm thinking "Wait, there's three wind tunnels in Atlanta? Since when?"

10 minutes of googling and I still don't have a straight answer besides "No" and "Uh oh, this looks like a scam"

d_squared431  (Student)

Oct 8, 2011, 8:39 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dninness] I thought this was a little odd [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I was surfing for something else and came across this:

http://www.mademan.com/...g-spots-atlanta.html

I'm thinking "Wait, there's three wind tunnels in Atlanta? Since when?"

10 minutes of googling and I still don't have a straight answer besides "No" and "Uh oh, this looks like a scam"

JohnRich  (D License)

Oct 9, 2011, 8:09 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1481 views)
Shortcut

Goofy article. First they say;
"If you're into skydiving and are near the greater Atlanta area, then these three indoor skydiving spots in Atlanta will pique your interest."
Then three sentences later they say;
"Atlanta has five solid opportunities to enjoy indoor skydiving so why not take one for a ride."
So which is it: three or five? They contradict themselves.

I'm not familiar with skydiving in the Atlanta area, but this has the smell of someone who wrote a review based upon Skyride advertisements for false locations.

(This post was edited by JohnRich on Oct 9, 2011, 8:12 AM)

dninness  (D 19617)

Oct 9, 2011, 9:53 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnRich] I thought this was a little odd [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm not familiar with skydiving in the Atlanta area, but this has the smell of someone who wrote a review based upon Skyride advertisements for false locations.

Funny thing: after a few minutes of googling addresses (and not a whit of a "indoor wind tunnel" to be located, one of the addresses came up as what I took to be the call center for Skyride.

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Oct 17, 2011, 9:11 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1276 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

Funny thing: after a few minutes of googling addresses (and not a whit of a "indoor wind tunnel" to be located, one of the addresses came up as what I took to be the call center for Skyride.

Assholes.... Unimpressed

hparrish  (D 25090)

Oct 18, 2011, 9:39 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1208 views)
Shortcut

Call them up and see if they take your payment.........If so then its a scam.

At minimum they are not involved in either skydiving or indoor skydiving because they mentioned two DZ's that have no tunnels, as having them.

Further...............There are no indoor wind tunnels in Atlanta. The closest are an outdoor tunnel in Tennesee, the Orlando FL Indoor Wind Tunnel, or the Paraclete XP Tunnel in North Carolina.

Krip  (Student)

Nov 17, 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #7 of 7 (991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] I thought this was a little odd [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Assholes.... Unimpressed

Their consistent Assholes Sly

Forums : Skydiving : Wind Tunnels

Search for (options)