Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Noob just finished first solo at Jumptown!

sharris595  (B 120)

Oct 31, 2011, 2:39 PM
Post #1 of 5 (346 views)
Shortcut
Noob just finished first solo at Jumptown! Can't Post

Hi!

I just finished AFF and my first solo jump last Friday. I found out that a minute of free fall when you're alone from 13.5k is a long long time! Last load of the day, with a bit of early snow on the ground, everyone freezing at the DZ, kinda fun! I've been progressing slowly since the end of July, now it's time for winter rest and then A license and all the fun stuff! Oh, and btw, what kind of container do people really like, G4 or Micron (is that the name of it)? Anyway, thanks to all the great people out there in Orange, MA, and I hope to learn all your names and be a regular there...

Blue skies!

Best,

Steve

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Nov 1, 2011, 6:03 AM
Post #2 of 5 (312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sharris595] Noob just finished first solo at Jumptown! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile Good to hear you're having a good time at Jumptown, I hear it's a nice dz.

spikes2020  (A 254590)

Nov 2, 2011, 7:12 AM
Post #3 of 5 (274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Noob just finished first solo at Jumptown! [In reply to] Can't Post

i got a vector 3 with a sky hook, Its nice and a few nice safety features. I don't like where they put the AAD though its hard to get at...(under the reserve flap)

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Nov 3, 2011, 8:57 AM
Post #4 of 5 (242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spikes2020] Noob just finished first solo at Jumptown! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the same rig that I have jumped with for 10 years now. It's worked great for me so far! It's really not that bad getting to the AAD to turn it on, and it gives you a chance to do a check on your reserve pin before you jump.

IronEddie42  (D 32850)

Nov 14, 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #5 of 5 (184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sharris595] Noob just finished first solo at Jumptown! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heya Steve ... this is the other Steve H. here ... :) Can't wait for you to get your license so we can put us 2 Steve H's up in the air ... haha.

As for my rig - I have a Mirage G3 M6 with a PD 193 reserve, Cypres 2 AAD, and a PD Spectre 210 main - I couldn't be happier.

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)