Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
one armed solo?

onearmed-bandit  (B 12631)

Nov 2, 2011, 5:43 AM
Post #1 of 5 (340 views)
Shortcut
one armed solo? Can't Post

g'day n to the point Smileive done a tandem not long ago n became hooked and so was wondering if there has been anyone who has is a arm amputtee or has just a bung arm who has sucessfully jumped solo?

Southern_Man  (C License)

Nov 2, 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #2 of 5 (315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [onearmed-bandit] one armed solo? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

You might try posting in the disability forum too. There are quite a few one armed jumpers, at least some of whom post here. The only one I know personally was already jumping before he lost his arm. Good luck to you.

Premier rwieder  (C 32349)

Nov 3, 2011, 5:59 AM
Post #3 of 5 (268 views)
Shortcut

Good luck with that. I don't have a clue how your going to navagate your landing unles you can use both toggles. Another thing about only having one arm, you know the chances of your container dislodging at deployment are pretty high. I hope it all works out for you.

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Nov 3, 2011, 8:53 AM
Post #4 of 5 (259 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forums! Smile I hope you find a way to be able to jump solo. If you can't, at least there is always the tunnel and tandems available to you. Not a bad second choice!

PiLFy  (A License)

Nov 3, 2011, 4:37 PM
Post #5 of 5 (246 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mitch,
Here's 571 posts to get you started: http://www.dropzone.com/...p;sb=score&mh=25

Look in the upper right hand corner. There's a search function. You can search the Forums for whatever topic you like (like "Jumping with one arm"). I've seen posts from a number of guys/gals who jump w/only one arm. It can definitely be done. Good Luck.

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)