Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats]

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Premier Remster  (C License)

Oct 21, 2011, 3:47 PM
Post #151 of 241 (2757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SRI85] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
I had to go elsewhere for a couple months.

Well, that system worked perfectly!

SRI85  (D License)

Oct 21, 2011, 3:58 PM
Post #152 of 241 (2747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remster] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Quote:
I had to go elsewhere for a couple months.

Well, that system worked perfectly!

ha good point.

Trae  (Student)

Oct 21, 2011, 4:11 PM
Post #153 of 241 (2742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remster] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

in reply to "Well, that system worked perfectly!"

It worked perfectly well for the DZ that said NO to him.
One DZ gets peace in the sky the other gets the wobbly newbie know it all.

Premier Remster  (C License)

Oct 21, 2011, 4:13 PM
Post #154 of 241 (2736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trae] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

I think that was my point... Sorry, everyone should know 99% of what I post has a tinge of sarcasm in it... Wink

(This post was edited by Remster on Oct 21, 2011, 7:34 PM)

skyjumpenfool  (Student)

Oct 22, 2011, 7:54 AM
Post #155 of 241 (2692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trae] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Devils Advocate here....
Thus you have safe, conservative DZ's, and you have edgy, wild hair DZ's. Pic your poison?

Maybe all is well in dreamland? Cool

Sangi

Oct 22, 2011, 8:10 AM
Post #156 of 241 (2686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjumpenfool] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

Guys,

2 weeks ago I almost died doing a 270, way too low way too aggressive.

I had to be reanimated and now I have shit loads of titanium in my spine and left leg. Right now I still can't feel or control my legs and I'm still in hospital with long road of rehab in front of me. I'll walk though, so I won't stay crippled forever.. It's a miracle I survived overall, I should be dead now..

You were all right and I suck, I almost killed myself and I might have killed someone else too, I have learned my lesson, I long to and I will be back in the sky but never as I was before..

I think I can now surely say I have learned my lesson. Frown

yoink

Oct 22, 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #157 of 241 (2663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sangi] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you're alive to say that. It takes some people tougher lessons than others. Wink You're on the mend though, and that's what matters.

NEVER forget what you're feeling at the moment. It'll make you a better jumper when you do return. If you need to, write a couple of pages in your logbook now about how much it sucks and how much pain you're in and how foolish you're feeling... You can read back to yourself in 2 or 3 years when you're starting to think about small canopies again to provide a personal point of reference - it's really useful.

Now, tell it to VirginBurner - he saved your life. Do the same for him.

Edit: By the way - I think you owe me beer for your bounce bingo. WinkLaughLaughLaugh

(This post was edited by yoink on Oct 22, 2011, 12:08 PM)

Waldschrat

Oct 22, 2011, 12:43 PM
Post #158 of 241 (2650 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sangi] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Guys,

2 weeks ago I almost died doing a 270, way too low way too aggressive.

I had to be reanimated

Why exactly?

Waldschrat

Oct 22, 2011, 3:12 PM
Post #159 of 241 (2613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Waldschrat] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry a little dorkish question here, better i ask per pm.

I have another name on youtube, so the secound time: I wish you a recovery, you can live with, really! Smile

Sangi

Oct 23, 2011, 1:07 PM
Post #160 of 241 (2529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Waldschrat] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

Saw my crashvid today. It's brutal.

Hearing yourself gag, gasp, suffocate in agony and cling to every bit of life you got is not fun at all..

I doubt I'll swoop again, because I NEVER EVER want to experience this again.. it's hell Frown
Attachments: aftercrash - Copy.jpg (293 KB)
  Fucked up Me - Copy.jpg (121 KB)

Premier ianmdrennan  (D 25821)
Oct 23, 2011, 3:00 PM
Post #161 of 241 (2525 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Hearing yourself gag, gasp, suffocate in agony and cling to every bit of life you got is not fun at all..

I doubt I'll swoop again, because I NEVER EVER want to experience this again.. it's hell Frown

Glad you lived through it.

Life often grants us opportunities in the strangest form. Seize it.

Heal fast.

Blues,
Ian

SRI85  (D License)

Oct 23, 2011, 3:56 PM
Post #162 of 241 (2503 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

That hurt just to look at that picture. Hope you heal up quick. You gonna share the video?

Blamey  (A 56669)

Oct 23, 2011, 4:15 PM
Post #163 of 241 (2495 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for posting. Would love to hear more details about the day, injuries ect.

Glad you're gonna be okay.

chutem  (A 45827)

Oct 23, 2011, 4:39 PM
Post #164 of 241 (2488 views)
Shortcut

Glad to have you back. I've not jumped in 4 years due to a surprise late in life child. It wasn't right for me (as in personal decision) to risk my new young childs future of having a father. I'll come back when he's older. I surf DZ.com everyday to live/jump through others experiences. It isn't jumping but beats no connection with jumping.

That picture hurt from here.

Hang in there and keep posting. There will be many new swoopers pushing things that need to hear your story.

Heal fast and best wishes,

James

PS Bust VB's balls about upsizing and taking it slow.

(This post was edited by chutem on Oct 23, 2011, 4:41 PM)

yoink

Oct 23, 2011, 7:13 PM
Post #165 of 241 (2448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SRI85] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
You gonna share the video?

That comes across as a fairly twisted question... Why would you want anyone to see it? Are you asking because you want to watch it?
There's absolutely nothing to learn from it.

Too much attempted without enough experience. Turned too low, didn't dig out in time and the results are in the pictures.

1+1=2. It's not rocket science.

Newbies could watch all the bounce videos in the world and they'd still be convinced it couldn't happen to them.

(This post was edited by yoink on Oct 23, 2011, 7:14 PM)

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Oct 23, 2011, 8:27 PM
Post #166 of 241 (2427 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

How in the hell did you get your legs to do than? Crazy Heel fast kid, you have some things to pass on to others.

Sparky

virgin-burner

Oct 24, 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #167 of 241 (2390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mjosparky] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

just had a little chat with him again, but he had to go. i'll call again later.

it's pretty much how i posted in his incident-thread. low 270 and just froze and kept on going on his fronts. still had time to save but didnt do anything he says. doesnt know why..

oh, and some good news, today he said he could feel his legs a bit, but still no movement; so he's making a little progress. i'm happy about that! Smile

Joellercoaster  (D 105792)

Oct 24, 2011, 3:32 AM
Post #168 of 241 (2362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yoink] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

That comes across as a fairly twisted question... Why would you want anyone to see it? Are you asking because you want to watch it?

That's not true, unfortunately.

One of the very biggest problems with the Mad Skillz set is that the danger is not real to them. They say "oh I understand the risks" but really, they don't. They can't. It's an abstract thing, something that happens to other people - something that is just words.

Seeing and hearing someone hook in is one hard way it gets brought home. Seeing first-person video might be another.

By the way Sangi, we haven't met in person but we've crossed paths in the past elsewhere. I'm very, very glad you're alive. Heal fast, and I hope to see you skydiving somewhere one day.

Sangi

Oct 24, 2011, 3:49 AM
Post #169 of 241 (2351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Joellercoaster] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks all.

Regarding what injuries I had, read up some pages before, there was a guy who posted them (my friend).

About the vid, will defo post it, seeing how much it sucks to crash is good for the newbies, but not soon, because I'm in a hospital with shit pocket net, can't even watch youtube..

During the crash I did a very very slow 270 from around 120-130 meters, it wasn't enough height for the canopy to recover on it's own, I don't know why I didn't hit the brakes, because if I would have I would be perfectly fine now, I probably thought it will still recover during the last seconds and I will get a kickass swoop, no kickass swoop, but some major kickass crash for sure.. Unsure

(This post was edited by Sangi on Oct 24, 2011, 3:59 AM)
Attachments: BeforeImpact - Copy.jpg (283 KB)

holie  (A License)

Oct 24, 2011, 3:51 AM
Post #170 of 241 (2346 views)
Shortcut

Hey, welcome back dude :-)

SRI85  (D License)

Oct 24, 2011, 4:42 AM
Post #171 of 241 (2325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yoink] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/sofpidarf/

(This post was edited by SRI85 on Oct 24, 2011, 4:43 AM)

sebcat  (D 22826)

Oct 24, 2011, 9:05 AM
Post #172 of 241 (2252 views)
Shortcut

Is that gray stuff concrete?

Heal fast.

buff  (D 30567)

Oct 24, 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #173 of 241 (2214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sebcat] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

Was this on the Katana 97 or the Safire 129?

virgin-burner

Oct 24, 2011, 10:42 AM
Post #174 of 241 (2203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buff] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

safire

yoink

Oct 24, 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #175 of 241 (2201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buff] Watching out for newbies [was - hard impact at Nats] [In reply to] Can't Post

Safire - the Katana was white IIRC.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)