Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
5 jumps and addicted!

buckywaldorf  (Student)

Oct 12, 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #1 of 9 (392 views)
Shortcut
5 jumps and addicted! Can't Post

Hey all, I did 5 of my AFF jumps at Taft and I love the DZ but my wife is in school and we moved to Davis CA. Looking fir advice on a local DZ (Skydance, Lodi?) and advice or threads on how to do my coach jumps frugally!
Looking forward to hearing from and possibly meeting some folks here, love the site and been lurking long enough to know there's some quality users here.

the1337aaron  (A 63249)

Oct 12, 2011, 1:17 PM
Post #2 of 9 (359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buckywaldorf] 5 jumps and addicted! [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont know about you but i was addicted after just 1 jump :P

buckywaldorf  (Student)

Oct 12, 2011, 1:39 PM
Post #3 of 9 (357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [the1337aaron] 5 jumps and addicted! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lol, fair point! I suppose it's the same for me or I wouldn't have done 4 more.

Marinus

Oct 12, 2011, 2:00 PM
Post #4 of 9 (353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [the1337aaron] 5 jumps and addicted! [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
i dont know about you but i was addicted after just 1 jump :P

I'm not sure if I'm addicted, but if I am, and I wouldn't be too surprised if that's the case, it's technically because someone else jumped from a plane.

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Oct 12, 2011, 2:15 PM
Post #5 of 9 (348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buckywaldorf] 5 jumps and addicted! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile Have you checked out the dropzone reviews at the top of the page? I believe Lodi isn't a USPA member dropzone if that matters to you. I think there have been threads about the dz if you want to do a search. I've been to Skydance; the only thing that bothers me there is the gun club next door!

buckywaldorf  (Student)

Oct 12, 2011, 3:27 PM
Post #6 of 9 (346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] 5 jumps and addicted! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey thanks, not sure if that matters or not, advice either way is welcome!

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Oct 13, 2011, 8:58 AM
Post #7 of 9 (325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] 5 jumps and addicted! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I've been to Skydance; the only thing that bothers me there is the gun club next door!

Jump there long enough and it gets to the point where you don't even notice the gunfire under canopy. It's like living next to train tracks - eventually it just becomes background noise. Every so often when I'm on the ground, a gunshot will penetrate my consciousness and it's like "Oh yeah, the gun club!" Laugh

buckywaldorf  (Student)

Oct 13, 2011, 9:05 AM
Post #8 of 9 (322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] 5 jumps and addicted! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lol, don't say "gunshot" and "penetrate"!

buckywaldorf  (Student)

Oct 14, 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #9 of 9 (289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] 5 jumps and addicted! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I've been to Skydance; the only thing that bothers me there is the gun club next door!

Jump there long enough and it gets to the point where you don't even notice the gunfire under canopy. It's like living next to train tracks - eventually it just becomes background noise. Every so often when I'm on the ground, a gunshot will penetrate my consciousness and it's like "Oh yeah, the gun club!" Laugh

Did my first jump there today, it was great! Gun club fades away exactly as you described. I'm sure I'll get spoiled by the plane they run, 13k in as many minutes. Great vibe, was beautiful flying the canopy at sunset.

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)