Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Newbie looking for place to train along the east coast of US

doug2728

Sep 30, 2011, 1:02 PM
Post #1 of 3 (262 views)
Shortcut
Newbie looking for place to train along the east coast of US Can't Post

My daughter and I did the AFF course and 1 jump. We'd like to continue, but the place we started seems pretty focused on tandem jumps. I realize it's weather dependent, but any place in Virginia or North Carolina that would be better for AFF training?
We're out of NW PA but I fly a 4 seat plane and want somewhere to go for the Fall and Winter where we can actually get up.
Any thoughts appreciated.

edited to add your desired location in the subject line~skymama

(This post was edited by skymama on Sep 30, 2011, 5:34 PM)

Andrewwhyte  (C 1988)

Sep 30, 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #2 of 3 (237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doug2728] Newbie looking for place to train along the east coast of US [In reply to] Can't Post

Doug,
I live nowhere near the east coast, I have no team to champion. However if you have the luxury of mobility and truly want a quality learning experience I would chose to train at a DZ that has a program that works in conjunction with a wind tunnel. Raefort NC and Deland Fla come to mind. The advantage a tunnel plus AFF program offers is not to be passed up. I only wish we had a tunnel close to where I work.
Have fun.

thrillstalker  (C 40678)

Oct 4, 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #3 of 3 (191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doug2728] Newbie looking for place to train along the east coast of US [In reply to] Can't Post

skydive the farm is in ga, not too far from va. the dzo offers an aff and also an a-license package.

http://www.skydivethefarm.com

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)