Jul 19, 2011, 8:32 PM
Post #1 of 3 (474 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by jad_ben

superstu  (D License)

Jul 19, 2011, 9:05 PM
Post #2 of 3 (467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jad_ben] Switching to X-Braced - Coaching and Progression ?! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you've recieved coaching from Jay and Pablo and they've seen you fly the first thing I would do is email them these questions and see what they say. Most of us haven't seen you fly and have no business telling you what is right for you on these forums.

davelepka  (D 21448)

Jul 19, 2011, 9:17 PM
Post #3 of 3 (461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jad_ben] Switching to X-Braced - Coaching and Progression ?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
I'm thinking about switching to X-Braced. I'm currently on a KA107 loaded at 1.75:1 (give or take depending on a hop'n pop or a fully loaded video jump). Anyways here's the deal.. I've been puting a lot of effort and invested in good coaching in the past three years and everytime i change my wing, i feel like a need to relearn everything.

Maybe stop changing wings for an appriciable number of jumps. With 700 total, and jumping a KA107 at 1.75, how many could you have possibly put on any one wing? Even if it took you 4 wings to go from your first canopy to your present canopy, you're still at less then 200 per.

The KA is a good wing, and a 107 at 1.75 is a 'swoopable' size for sure. How about putting 500 jumps on it and see where you're at then? 200 jumps on a wing is enough to learn to fly 'a' canopy, 500 might be enough to learn to fly 'any' canopy.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Swooping and Canopy Control

Search for (options)