Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
Canopy GPS / Tracking

kyleh762  (C 39496)

Jul 16, 2011, 5:02 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1064 views)
Shortcut
Canopy GPS / Tracking Can't Post

Can anyone tell me where to find a canopy tracking system? I'm specifically looking for a system that can locate a canopy that has been cut away. I've found several relatively small GPS' for locating people, pets, cars, etc. but none of them seem small enough to attach to a riser. Has anyone else figured this out? Your help is greatly appreciated.

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Jul 16, 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kyleh762] Canopy GPS / Tracking [In reply to] Can't Post

Check the answers in your cross post in General..

Sparky

Topical Posts and Cross-Posting
Posts should be made to the most relevant forum for the topic. The moderators may move posts at any time if there is a forum better suited for the topic in discussion. Do not cross post to multiple forums. Upon cross posting all duplicates including the original post may be removed. Use existing threads on your topic to continue a discussion rather than starting a new one. Posts that are repetitive in nature (i.e. Dead Horses) may be removed or locked at the discretion of the moderators. Please note that discussions about politics, guns and religion are not allowed around The Bonfire. Pull up your soap box at the Speakers Corner for those and other sociological debates.

kyleh762  (C 39496)

Jul 17, 2011, 6:41 PM
Post #3 of 6 (946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mjosparky] Canopy GPS / Tracking [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the help.. Sacarstically speaking.

captain1976  (D 7183)

Jul 17, 2011, 8:33 PM
Post #4 of 6 (934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kyleh762] Canopy GPS / Tracking [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, National Parachute Testing Center (NPTC) in Dunnellon, Florida has a system. Send me a private PM and I will put you in touch with the right people.

dannydan  (Student)

Mar 5, 2014, 3:32 AM
Post #5 of 6 (540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [captain1976] Canopy GPS / Tracking [In reply to] Can't Post

Can this secret be posted publicly yet? ;P

Hellis

Mar 5, 2014, 3:47 AM
Post #6 of 6 (525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dannydan] Canopy GPS / Tracking [In reply to] Can't Post

I orderd one gsm/gps tracker that is about 1.4 cubic inches.
And if my math is somewhat correct thats about the size of 1.2 sqft canopy.

It arrived this morning at the currier but I can't pick it up, I'm going snowboarding soon and won't be home until monday.

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)