Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

First page Previous page 1 ... 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 ... 2326 Next page Last page  View All

skyjack71

Jun 27, 2011, 8:47 PM
Post #24301 of 58140 (53937 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [RobertMBlevins] Col. Waite [In reply to]  

In reply to:

In reply to:
In reply to:

In reply to:
I'm going to try and attach a PDF of the first seven pages of a screenplay I've been working on, just to see if it will attach at all.

Please DO NOT bother:

I just received this E-mail about your book and the statement regarding you ability to write a screen play.

Quote from a HOLLYWOOD PRODUCER:

"He struggled to put together coherent sentences for his "book". He has ZERO CHANCE of writing a screenplay that will garner any interest."

The rest of the email is confidential.

I can remember when people screeched at me "STOP" and now I will say the same thing to you "Stop". There is a difference between you and I and that has to do with knowledge of our subject. Your driving force is "money" and salvaging your career, but you are self-destructing. My driving force is the truth...... and hopefully truth is what will win, but in this USA of today - I would NOT bank on that.

Let me get this straight. I posted up a little excerpt from a screenplay I'm working on, and then suddenly a minute later you get an email from a Hollywood producer trashing it?

Geez...that was fast. Hollywood must really be monitoring my work. (*chuckles*)

Well, Blevins it is like this - you made the post and I immediately emailed it to the Hollywood producer. You had been unsuccessful in making your attachment and came back to edit it. SO that is how it happened. No tricks, no lies - things just happen! He was NOT monitoring your work and what he has to do with me has nothing to do with you or Christiansen. I could tease the hell out of you about that - and get a real rise out of you.

I developed friendship with people from all walks of life, but I do NOT utilize those friendships for personal gain. Remember that when I went public I lost a contract with an FBI agent I had worked really hard on. This agent suddenly did NOT want to close with me and it was necessary for me to forfeit most of my commission to save the sale. My name could not be mentioned and I was not suppose to receive any commissions.

Unbeknowest to that FBI agent I did get part of the commission because we watch each others back in the market - just like the FBI does.

Don't you think the fact that I had just gone public about Cooper and he finds out who I am after the contract is signed and delivered....he was ordered to cancel that contract - this is just how our USA and FBI work.

The FBI cost me about $3500 in commissions on that sale. Now what is fair about how they play.
I thought it was very dirty playing.
Conflict of interest!

(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Jun 27, 2011, 8:56 PM)

377  (F 666)

Jun 27, 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #24302 of 58140 (53918 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [skyjack71] Col. Waite [In reply to]  

Quote:
Don't you think the fact that I had just gone public about Cooper and he finds out who I am after the contract is signed and delivered....he was ordered to cancel that contract - this is just how our USA and FBI work.

Jo,

Really, this is paranoid thinking. The FBI hierarchy doesn't know or care how residential real estate commissions are earned, split etc. When you post stuff like this it undermines your objectivity and credibility. Stick to the facts. Forget speculation about FBI conspiracies. Put Duane on the plane and you will find a very receptive FBI.

georger

Jun 27, 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #24303 of 58140 (53906 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [377] Someone’s Pulling My…. Finger [In reply to]  

In reply to:
Quote:
Fueling an aircraft by hand with cans? Then hucking the empty can across the wing?? Because the fuel hose was frozen???

You do need an aviation savvy co-author or editor Robert. Without one you'll make more technical gaffes.

I don't have any problem with you trying to pen a screenplay. Go for it. I'll be really surprised if anybody makes serious money on any endeavor related to Norjack short of an autobiography by Cooper himself. It's just not a lucrative thing for third parties.

Ive never known an established writer
who did not advise: "write what you know".

Good writers spend an inordinant amount of time
getting to know their subjects, inside and out. Of
course the same can be said of carpenters or any
other walk in life.

RobertMBlevins

Jun 27, 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #24304 of 58140 (53900 views)
Shortcut
     Literary Event - Aug 13/14 [In reply to]  

Skyjack 71 says in part:

Quote:
'Well, Blevins it is like this - you made the post and I immediately emailed it to the Hollywood producer. You had been unsuccessful in making your attachment and came back to edit it. SO that is how it happened. No tricks, no lies - things just happen! He was NOT monitoring your work and what he has to do with me has nothing to do with you or Christiansen. I could tease the hell out of you about that - and get a real rise out of you...'

Okay. Your friend the Hollywood producer doesn't like my work. I'm fine with that. He wouldn't be the first one. Cool

Auburn Literary Event for Good Old Days:
Saturday, August 13 and Sunday, August 14.

What Good Old Days really means: The city of Auburn, WA closes downtown for about ten blocks in all directions. Street vendors, a parade, live rock, and a street dance are the usual things.

Maybe you can meet and greet Miss Auburn. Last year, it was Hayley McJunkin and she's a good representation of what Miss Auburn is about. She's hot and she's really smart. (See attached picture) She wants to be a TV broadcaster after she graduates college.

I'll be at the Auburn Avenue Theatre doing my little nothing slideshow and speaking on the D.B. Cooper case at these times:

Saturday, August 13: 11-11:30 AM and again at 3-3:30PM.

Sunday, August 14: 12:30-1:00PM.

AB of Seattle will be offering free copies of several of our current titles. Not just Blast, but also Something Down Under by Mark Ricca, Pilot Down, Presumed Dead by the late, great, Marjorie Phleger, Escape Velocity: The Anthology, multiple authors, The 13th Day of Christmas by yours truly, and Big Bang by Anthony Gingell. If you manage to get your hands on Gingell's book I guarantee you'll never forget it.

I'm going to introduce Mark Ricca and he will speak a bit about Something Down Under at the first presentation on Saturday.

This isn't about AB of Seattle. It's a community event and everyone does what they know best, or are able to do. Many other authors will be in attendance doing readings and offering up their titles. I was specifically asked to do this by the folks who run Good Old Days for the city, although the book giveaway idea was mine.

I attached pictures of my daughters Sara and Phoebe, and I'm very proud of them. Sara is married to a Las Vegas cop named Igor, believe it or not. Phoebe is a teacher in Missouri and runs AB's Young Writers Project.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Jun 28, 2011, 2:02 AM)
Attachments: missauburn2010dropz.jpg (84.4 KB)
  sarazone.jpg (66.5 KB)
  phoebezone.jpg (50.0 KB)

Farflung

Jun 28, 2011, 9:01 AM
Post #24305 of 58140 (53844 views)
Shortcut
     More Tom Fuelery [In reply to]  

I know gas is a boring subject and everyone is already an expert because of multiple purchases of the stuff at branded stations or ‘Quickie Marts’. But there is so much rich history associated with Americas favorite liquid that goes unappreciated thanks to hubris.

So jet aircraft burn fuel called ‘Jet A’ which is a sort of keroseney and diesely fluid that truckers will point out requires less refining than gasoline but costs more as part of a government conspiracy. Of course that conspiracy is called supply and demand. Although the refining of Jet A is rather simple compared to gas, converting gas to Jet A would require alchemy and magic gnomes.

Here are the specifications on jet fuel:

http://www.shell.com/...vil_jet_fuel_grades/

You can see that Jet A has a freeze point of -40 C (that’s minus). Well all this Celsius stuff is great except I’m a heterosexual and need to translate this to a scale I can understand. So minus 40 Celsius converts to the Fahrenheit system as minus 40 degrees also. So what exactly is the point of this centigrade system that the rest of the world has such a boner over? I mean is this like calling Dutch and Flemish two different languages to impress chicks?

I’ve had it with this metric system and all the mindless fanbois drooling over how much more efficient it is. I write on good old American paper called 8 ½ by 11, because it is 8 ½ inches by 11 inches. No need for a secret decoder ring or advanced degree to seek and find the stuff. What does everyone else use? Oh that’s right, the far more sensible measure of 210 X 297 mm, which no one can remember so they call it A4. Way to go ‘Rest of Earth’ by selecting a measurement system which is so beloved that it is buried behind some alpha numeric nomenclature.

What do we fuel jets with? That’s right, pounds of Jet A; pounds. Makes the calculations so much easier knowing that a pound of fuel equates to a pound of weight on the aircraft. What do Europeans fill their planes with? Liters of ‘M78’ perhaps? Which is either airplane gas or some sort of lentil based broth that has to be converted into some sort of units associated with weight, which will more than likely be pounds. No doubt the ‘M78’ (fuel or lentil soup) will have a freeze point of -40 C which is in fact the same as -40 F.

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related

We had such high hopes with speaker helmets and a big bright star.

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related

What happened to me? Now I pay $4.12 and 9/10ths cents per gallon (yeah, gallon) at the pump and pray for a handle that isn’t sticky or for a paper towel in the dispenser when it is. What exactly are people doing before refueling their cars?

BruceSmith

Jun 28, 2011, 2:13 PM
Post #24306 of 58140 (53808 views)
Shortcut
     Biography of Colonel Hugh Gordon Waite [In reply to]  

I got this biography from Stephanie Waite Witherspon today.

She also said that her father and her were skiing in the Alps on November 24, 1971.

As for living the high life, Col. Waite never owned a sports car until the last year of his life.

Stephanie also said that her family is having a good chuckle on our speculations that the Colonel was DBC.

I am amazed how facts get screwed up.

Here is a rough cut/draft of my father’s obit, since I can’t find the original, which was published in the Portland Oregonian and the Salem statesman journal. I wrote this about 9 years ago.

Colonel (Retired) Hugh Gordon Waite died suddenly this past Thanksgiving morning at the home of his brother-in-law and sister in-law in Snohomish, Washington.

Colonel Waite was born in St. Cloud, MN and raised in St. Cloud and Albany OR. He graduated from what was then the only Albany High School in 1949, attended Oregon State University (then known as Oregon State College) and received his infantry officer commission as a distinguished Military Graduate of their ROTC program in 1954.

He attended the Infantry Officers Basic Course at Ft. Benning, GA and joined the 82nd Air Borne Division at Ft. Bragg, NC. He was ranked as a Senior Parachutist before leaving for Germany to serve with the 10th (Mountain) Infantry Division and eventually Commander of the US 7th Army Honor Guard.

Col. Waite attended the Infantry Officers Advanced Course in 1960 and was the Aide de Camp to the Commanding Generals of the 4th Infantry Division in Ft. Lewis, WA. He attended the Army War College at Carlisle Barracks, PA and the Special Forces Officer Course and the Special Warfare Staff Officers Course at Ft. Bragg.

While in Korea he served as an Infantry Company Commander and as Assistant Division Logistics Officer with the 7th Infantry Division. He returned to the US in 1964, and joined the ROTC instructor group as Assistant Professor of Military Science at California State Polytechnic College in San Luis, Obispo, CA.

In 1967 he attended the Civil Affairs Officer Advisor Course at Ft. Gordon, GA and departed for the Republic of Vietnam, where he served as Senior District Advisor and then Deputy Sector Advisor in the province of Bien Hoa where he was instrumental in establishing one of the first CORDS offices. He was in Bien Hoa province, in a small hamlet named Duc Tu, when the ammunitions dump at Long Binh Post was destroyed during the 1968 Tet Offensive.

In the fall of 1968, his tour of Vietnam complete, he attended the US Army Command and General Staff College at Ft. Leavenworth, KS. He was Secretary of the General Staff and graduated in 1970. He returned to Europe for a second tour of duty. He served on the NATO Central Army Group Starff and then as Special Assistant and Assistant Political Advisor to eh Commander in Chief, US Army, Europe.

Col Waite returned from Europe in 1974 and attended the Advance Public Relations Course at the University of Wisconsin. He was assigned as Chief of Media Relations, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, Secretary of the Army, until 1978, when he Chief of Public Affairs HQ Sixth Army at the Presidio of San Francisco. He retired from the Army for medical disabilities in August, 1980.

When Col. Waite retired from the Army, the Adjutant General of Oregon selected him to become the Public Affairs Officer for the Oregon Military Department. In 1988, he was appointed Special Assistant, and then Executive Assistant, to the Adjutant General until the position was eliminated and he retired from state employment in 1994. He then began part-time work as Executive Officer of the Oregon State Defense Force, the all- volunteer segment of the Organized Militia of the State of Oregon (Army and Air National Guard and State Defense Force.) He fully retired in 1996 after 50 years of service in, employment by and association with the Active and Reserve Component military and associated organizations.

377  (F 666)

Jun 28, 2011, 3:04 PM
Post #24307 of 58140 (53796 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Farflung] More Tom Fuelery [In reply to]  

Farflung wrote:
Quote:
What happened to me? Now I pay $4.12 and 9/10ths cents per gallon (yeah, gallon) at the pump and pray for a handle that isn’t sticky or for a paper towel in the dispenser when it is. What exactly are people doing before refueling their cars?

I had you pegged for Major T.J. "King" Kong in Dr. Strangelove. Now with this sanitation obsession you are sounding more like Gen. Jack D. Ripper.

If it doesnt kill you it will build up your immune system. For an extreme example look up phage therapy Farflung. They harvest this medicine from fetid sewage ponds and other places that would upset you.

from Wikipedia:

Phage therapy is the therapeutic use of bacteriophages to treat pathogenic bacterial infections. Although extensively used and developed mainly in former Soviet Union countries for about 90 years, this method of therapy is still being tested elsewhere for treatment of a variety of bacterial and poly-microbial biofilm infections, and has not yet been approved in countries other than Georgia. Phage therapy has many potential applications in human medicine as well as dentistry, veterinary science, and agriculture.[1] If the target host of a phage therapy treatment is not an animal the term "biocontrol" (as in phage-mediated biocontrol of bacteria) is usually employed, rather than "phage therapy".

Bacteriophages are much more specific than more common drugs, so they can hypothetically be chosen to be indirectly harmless not only to the host organism (human, animal, or plant), but also to other beneficial bacteria, such as gut flora, reducing the chances of opportunistic infections. They would have a high therapeutic index, that is, phage therapy would be expected to give rise to few if any side effects, as opposed to drugs, and would not stress the liver.[citation needed] Because phages replicate in vivo, a smaller effective dose can be used. On the other hand, this specificity is also a disadvantage: a phage will only kill a bacterium if it is a match to the specific strain. Consequently phage mixtures are often applied to improve the chances of success, or samples can be taken and an appropriate phage identified and grown.

Phages are currently being used therapeutically to treat bacterial infections that do not respond to conventional antibiotics, particularly in the country of Georgia.[2][3][4] They tend to be more successful than antibiotics where there is a biofilm covered by a polysaccharide layer, which antibiotics typically cannot penetrate.[5] In the West, no therapies are currently authorized for use on humans, although phages for killing food poisoning bacteria (Listeria) are now in use.[6]

It apparently works really well, but the FDA wont allow it in the USA.

Too bad our new DBC candidate has a good alibi (skiing in the Alps with his daughter). He is the best sketch match so far.

(This post was edited by 377 on Jun 28, 2011, 3:34 PM)

RobertMBlevins

Jun 28, 2011, 3:17 PM
Post #24308 of 58140 (53792 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [377] More Tom Fuelery [In reply to]  

For Stephanie:

Here's the original for you:

Colonel (Retired) Hugh Gordon Duc Tu, Bien Hoa Province
Date = October 1967-October 1968
Nickname = Duc Tu Six
Assigned = Other
Job = Senior District Advisor, then Deputy Sector Advisor in Bien Hoa
Veteran = Hugh Gordon Waite
Relationship = Daughter
Seeking = I'm trying to find anyone that worked with my father during this time, knew my father at this time, and what my father did during this time. He was not over there in a military capactiy, although he was in the Army. He has alluded to the fact that he was working with the CIA.
_ = Army
Vietnam_War = VietNam
Other_service_time =
Veteran's_date_of_birth = 03/09/1931
Date_of_death = 11/27/2003
Age_at_death = 72
Place_of_death = Snohomish, WA
Cemetery_name_and_location = Willamette National Cemetary, Oregon
Duty_dates = 1953-1980
Medals_or_awards = Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Meritorious Service, Army Commendation, Vietnam Service medal with 4 campaign stars, Korean Presidential unit citation, Vietnamese Meritorious Unit Citation, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry with Palm, Vietnamese Medal of Honor-Bronze, Combat Infantrymen's badge to name a few
Hometown = Albany
State = OR
School = Albany High School
Class_of = 1949
Message = Colonel (Retired) Hugh Gordon Waite died suddenly this past Thanksgiving morning at the home of his brother-in-law and sister in-law in Snohomish, Washington.
Colonel Waite was born in St. Cloud, MN and raised in St. Cloud and Albany OR. He graduated from what was then the only Albany High School in 1949, attended Oregon State University (then known as Oregon State College) and received his infantry officer commission as a distinguished Military Graduate of their ROTC program in 1954.
He attended the Infantry Officers Basic Course at Ft. Benning, GA and joined the 82nd Air Borne Division at Ft. Bragg, NC. He was ranked as a Senior Parachutist before leaving for Germany to serve with the 10th (Mountain) Infantry Division and eventually Commander of the US 7th Army Honor Guard.
Col. Waite attended the Infantry Officers Advanced Course in 1960 and was the Aide de Camp to the Commanding Generals of the 4th Infantry Division in Ft. Lewis, WA. He attended the Army War College at Carlisle Barracks, PA and the Special Forces Officer Course and the Special Warfare Staff Officers Course at Ft. Bragg.
While in Korea he served as an Infantry Company Commander and as Assistant Division Logistics Officer with the 7th Infantry Division. He returned to the US in 1964, and joined the ROTC instructor group as Assistant Professor of Military Science at California State Polytechnic College in San Luis, Obispo, CA.
In 1967 he attended the Civil Affairs Officer Advisor Course at Ft. Gordon, GA and departed for the Republic of Vietnam, where he served as Senior District Advisor and then Deputy Sector Advisor in the province of Bien Hoa where he was instrumental in establishing one of the first CORDS offices. He was in Bien Hoa province, in a small hamlet named Duc Tu, when the ammunitions dump at Long Binh Post was destroyed during the 1968 Tet Offensive.
In the fall of 1968, his tour of Vietnam complete, he attended the US Army Command and General Staff College at Ft. Leavenworth, KS. He was Secretary of the General Staff and graduated in 1970. He returned to Europe for a second tour of duty. He served on the NATO Central Army Group Starff and then as Special Assistant and Assistant Political Advisor to eh Commander in Chief, US Army, Europe.
Col Waite returned from Europe in 1974 and attended the Advance Public Relations Course at the University of Wisconsin. He was assigned as Chief of Media Relations, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, Secretary of the Army, until 1978, when he Chief of Public Affairs HQ Sixth Army at the Presidio of San Francisco. He retired from the Army for medical disabilities in August, 1980.
When Col. Waite retired from the Army, the Adjutant General of Oregon selected him to become the Public Affairs Officer for the Oregon Military Department. In 1988, he was appointed Special Assistant, and then Executive Assistant, to the Adjutant General until the position was eliminated and he retired from state employment in 1994. He then began part-time work as Executive Officer of the Oregon Sate Defense Force, the all- volunteer segment of the Organized Militia of the Sate of Oregon (Army and Air National Guard and State Defense Force.) He fully retired in 1996 after 50 years of service in, employment by and association with the Active and Reserve Component military and associated organizations.
Colonel Hugh Gordon Waite is survived by his loving wife of 43 years, Nancy Louise, his sister, Mary Ellen Daskalos of Roseburg, his three daughters Stephanie Witherspoon of Chicago, IL, Karen Carroll of Los Olivos, CA, Mary Garvey of Pacific Palisades, CA and his four grandchildren.
Submitted = Stephanie Waite Witherspoon
From = Chicago, IL
Replyemail = (deleted for security by Robert B)

smokin99

Jun 28, 2011, 4:44 PM
Post #24309 of 58140 (53772 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [BruceSmith] Biography of Colonel Hugh Gordon Waite [In reply to]  

Stephanie,

Your father's Vietnam pictures are a great shot in time. Composition /Quality / subject matter of many of them seems quite good to me. I hope that you continue with your cataloguing and captioning of them - maybe we'll see them in a photo essay book one day.

And... if nothing else, they have reached another audience that woudn't have seen them if not for the Cooper conundrum. Smile Smile

Pat71

Jun 28, 2011, 6:03 PM
Post #24310 of 58140 (53764 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [smokin99] Biography of Colonel Hugh Gordon Waite [In reply to]  

The pictures by Colonel Waite are really something special. If Colonel Waite's family put him the Alps over Thanksgiving 1971, then that's enough for me. Sorry to have bothered you and your family Stephanie, and I'm glad brave men like your father were around to fight for us all.

BruceSmith

Jun 28, 2011, 7:27 PM
Post #24311 of 58140 (53744 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Pat71] Biography of Colonel Hugh Gordon Waite [In reply to]  

So, Patsy, you gonna stick around now that you've found us and had a serious taste of the Cooper jazz?

Hope you do - you sure gave us a run for a few days.

Pat71

Jun 28, 2011, 8:47 PM
Post #24312 of 58140 (53733 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [BruceSmith] Biography of Colonel Hugh Gordon Waite [In reply to]  

I'll check in now and then. I am fascinated by the case, and It's my opinion that the real Cooper has not been identified. I am big on the police sketch because it was drawn early in the case and therefore isn't subject to all the rumors and lies, and false leads, and possible FBI mishandling during the last 40 years. Also was anybody else fascinated with the life of Colonel Waite as told though his pictures? For a small town kid, he sure seemed to carry himself in a very worldly manner. Truly an American hero.

skyjack71

Jun 28, 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #24313 of 58140 (53701 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [377] Col. Waite [In reply to]  

In reply to:
Quote:

Jo,

Really, this is paranoid thinking. The FBI hierarchy doesn't know or care how residential real estate commissions are earned, split etc. When you post stuff like this it undermines your objectivity and credibility. Stick to the facts. Forget speculation about FBI conspiracies. Put Duane on the plane and you will find a very receptive FBI.

No paranoid involved - read your PM's. The details are there. Florida Real Estate Law - 2000.

Been at the Dr.s most of the day and do not feel like dealing with this. You maybe an attorney but do you Know the FLORIDA Real Estate Laws and rules of the Company I worked for? If he wanted to pull it from me he had to be able to present a complaint against me. There was NO complaint or discipline actions taken against me. I have an unblemished record with the State of Fla, All agents who ever worked with me - will tell you I was straight as an arrow.

RobertMBlevins

Jun 29, 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #24314 of 58140 (53679 views)
Shortcut
     The Original [In reply to]  

Before it was locked, the first thread here at DZ on Cooper ran a whopping 899 pages, complete with links to thousands of pictures and whatever else. It was visited and posted to by the likes of Snow-Guy. Special Agent Larry Carr, and a host of others.

I've read a lot of it. It's a big thing, indeed.

One time when I got bored, I did copy/paste for a few hours and stuffed all 899 pages into a massive Word doc. It's a fat frickin' thing, trust me.

Now I'm attempting to convert that doc into a standard resolution PDF via Adobe. This means all active links will still work. You could print it up (for research purposes only, no copyright violations intended) or view it in Adobe Reader.

Printing/viewing/hitting links in AR is certainly easier than trying that one in Word.

Our best computer has been trying for two hours now to complete this task. Trust me, this is a tough one, although it's moving along.

No matter how good a computer you have, converting 899 pages of posts that contain thousands of images and links into an Adobe doc where they still all work is a tricky task indeed. We've never tried this one before. If it works, you'll be able to easily access almost everything on that entire thread, unless the links are broken.

Let's face it. It would be a lot quicker than wading through page after page to seek what you're looking for, right?

I don't know if we can pull it off, but everyone is trying, and we're not getting any errors. I love challenges like this. Cuts the boredom factor. Wink

georger

Jun 29, 2011, 12:37 AM
Post #24315 of 58140 (53672 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [RobertMBlevins] The Original [In reply to]  

In reply to:
Before it was locked, the first thread here at DZ on Cooper ran a whopping 899 pages, complete with links to thousands of pictures and whatever else. It was visited and posted to by the likes of Snow-Guy. Special Agent Larry Carr, and a host of others.

I've read a lot of it. It's a big thing, indeed.

One time when I got bored, I did copy/paste for a few hours and stuffed all 899 pages into a massive Word doc. It's a fat frickin' thing, trust me.

Now I'm attempting to convert that doc into a standard resolution PDF via Adobe. This means all active links will still work. You could print it up (for research purposes only, no copyright violations intended) or view it in Adobe Reader.

Printing/viewing/hitting links in AR is certainly easier than trying that one in Word.

Our best computer has been trying for two hours now to complete this task. Trust me, this is a tough one, although it's moving along.

No matter how good a computer you have, converting 899 pages of posts that contain thousands of images and links into an Adobe doc where they still all work is a tricky task indeed. We've never tried this one before. If it works, you'll be able to easily access almost everything on that entire thread, unless the links are broken.

Let's face it. It would be a lot quicker than wading through page after page to seek what you're looking for, right?

I don't know if we can pull it off, but everyone is trying, and we're not getting any errors. I love challenges like this. Cuts the boredom factor. Wink

and you will own the contents of this thread ?

better talk to Quade and the owner(s).

This is a first!

Have you read the Terms and Rules of this website?

Under Terms it states, quote:

'(I) By publishing or submitting any content
including, articles, stories, postings and photographs
to any part of Dropzone.com you give permission
that such content may be used at the sole discretion
of Dropzone.com anywhere else on the site, for any
purpose, in its original or edited form, at any time in
the future. Content will not be sold without
permission of the original author or owner.'

It does not state that content of this website may be
taken by a user and used outside the context of this
website.

Nowhere in the Rules or Terms does it state the
contents of the site may be copied or converted
for the personal ownership of a user or distributed
by a user outside this website ...

You and AB Books specificially do NOT have my
permission to copy, edit, and sell or trade or market
in any manner, my posts here at Dropzone.

(This post was edited by georger on Jun 29, 2011, 1:09 AM)

skyjack71

Jun 29, 2011, 1:45 AM
Post #24316 of 58140 (53652 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [georger] The Original [In reply to]  

In reply to:
Have you read the Terms and Rules of this website?

Under Terms it states, quote:

'(I) By publishing or submitting any content
including, articles, stories, postings and photographs
to any part of Dropzone.com you give permission
that such content may be used at the sole discretion
of Dropzone.com anywhere else on the site, for any
purpose, in its original or edited form, at any time in
the future. Content will not be sold without
permission of the original author or owner.'

It does not state that content of this website may be
taken by a user and used outside the context of this
website.

Nowhere in the Rules or Terms does it state the
contents of the site may be copied or converted
for the personal ownership of a user or distributed
by a user outside this website ...

You and AB Books specificially do NOT have my
permission to copy, edit, and sell or trade or market
in any manner, my posts here at Dropzone.

Georger - ditto that!

I Jo Weber state that
Blevins and/or AB Books specifically do NOT have my permission to copy, edit and sell or trade or market in any manner my posts here at Dropzone.

He didn't do his own research into the crime - now he wants to highjack the thread - this is ridiculous - We go from investigating a Skyjacking to being post-jacked - or whatever.

I printed the 1st thread and it fills up 3 2" note books, but it was for my own personal purpose. I started the same on this thread - but, it grew and grew and grew - so damn fast there was absolutely no way to keep up with it. I stopped doing it June of 2009. Can you only imagine what we have here now.

I believe that was around Post #10675 and now there are #24316 posts. I would love to have all of it printed just because - well one day I won't be around and I would like for there to be a written record so my great grandchildren who will only hear tales about that Crazy Delusional Grandma of theirs can read it and make their own decision...maybe by then the world will know who Cooper was.

I am even missing lots of them prior to the #10675 post. I had already started just printing highlights before I printed #10675. Laugh NOW I could never catch up. Would be nice to have it on CD's. DZ could make money selling the contributors CD copies...

Actually the DZ has become the source for serious Cooper searchers. We have had several writers in here that did NOT identify themselves other than through private emails to me and maybe to some of the rest of you. They have come and gone - perhaps on to another subjects when we bore them.

In another 40 yrs my only great grandchild with be 45 yrs old and by then there won't be anything to play CD's on - Ever try to find a turn table to play your collectibe LP's on? The CD's available are mix ups - terrible trying to figure out who is singing what.

(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Jun 29, 2011, 2:55 AM)

377  (F 666)

Jun 29, 2011, 7:45 AM
Post #24317 of 58140 (53625 views)
Shortcut

Robert,

You have my permission to use anything I've posted and my encouragement to ignore all the threats from others. Your compilation, if made freely accessible, would be helpful. I'd be grateful, not spiteful.

Litigation over minor s**t is soooooo pointless. Two sure fire ways to burn up lots of money are to own an airplane or to sue someone over a minor personal beef.

You'll find plenty of lawyers who will tell you the opposite. They are taking delivery on a new Porsche soon and would love to have its purchase funded by you.

Farflung

Jun 29, 2011, 8:00 AM
Post #24318 of 58140 (53621 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [377] More Tom Fuelery [In reply to]  

Don’t get me wrong 377, I don’t avoid self service fuel dispensers.

But I do deny them my essence.

It may be worth your while to consider a few things about ‘self service’ and just what this entails in some individual’s minds. Just think about it, by the time you reach for that pump handle and discover something amiss the following will course through your brain at the speed of light.

Ewwwwwww, what’s that? I sure hope it isn’t Zombie juice from some undead person who refueled before me. Oh well, probably not; more than likely they were enjoying a cinnamon roll while engaging in a little fuel transfer, gosh I know I would.

That is when it is going to hit the fan. Some sort of ecto-gooey stuff will have you encased in a matter of seconds and drag you back to its lair for a slow feeding.

Of course by lair, we all know that means gas station bathroom. Seen one lately? I thought so. Better get armed with some anti pump handle monster grenades or have someone in a hazmat suit enter first. Some people are self serving more than gas at these places and there are a bunch of deviated ‘preverts’ in these places.

I was probably in the military too long because every time I see one of those big gas station signs that say ‘Clean Restrooms’, I do.

But the truth be told, if you can handle the truth 377; is that I prefer the good old days when I could enjoy the benefits of full service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHspRfzZc6M
Attachments: Pump It.jpg (158 KB)

georger

Jun 29, 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #24319 of 58140 (53607 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [377] The Original [In reply to]  

In reply to:
Robert,

You have my permission to use anything I've posted and my encouragement to ignore all the threats from others. Your compilation, if made freely accessible, would be helpful. I'd be grateful, not spiteful.

Litigation over minor s**t is soooooo pointless. Two sure fire ways to burn up lots of money are to own an airplane or to sue someone over a minor personal beef.

You'll find plenty of lawyers who will tell you the opposite. They are taking delivery on a new Porsche soon and would love to have its purchase funded by you.

Without knowing the intended use, the author/copier
has in mind, how can you even comment? He did not
state his intended use ... just the fact he is copying
and converting.

Your client list has grown. First Snowmman. Now
Blevins. Common theme = anarachy?

DZ has its own Terms and Rules, in any event.

How will this resolve? I have no idea. So Im not
sitting here all smug a comfortable in my position.

Why are we having to deal with this "shit" at all?
It never has come up before. Or has it?

Most people are just content to be here and post.
Blevins has always had something more in mind.
That much is obvious.

It's a matter of trust, isn't it ?

(This post was edited by georger on Jun 29, 2011, 11:08 AM)

377  (F 666)

Jun 29, 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #24320 of 58140 (53590 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Farflung] More Tom Fuelery [In reply to]  

In reply to:
Don’t get me wrong 377, I don’t avoid self service fuel dispensers.

But I do deny them my essence.

It may be worth your while to consider a few things about ‘self service’ and just what this entails in some individual’s minds. Just think about it, by the time you reach for that pump handle and discover something amiss the following will course through your brain at the speed of light.

Ewwwwwww, what’s that? I sure hope it isn’t Zombie juice from some undead person who refueled before me. Oh well, probably not; more than likely they were enjoying a cinnamon roll while engaging in a little fuel transfer, gosh I know I would.

That is when it is going to hit the fan. Some sort of ecto-gooey stuff will have you encased in a matter of seconds and drag you back to its lair for a slow feeding.

Of course by lair, we all know that means gas station bathroom. Seen one lately? I thought so. Better get armed with some anti pump handle monster grenades or have someone in a hazmat suit enter first. Some people are self serving more than gas at these places and there are a bunch of deviated ‘preverts’ in these places.

I was probably in the military too long because every time I see one of those big gas station signs that say ‘Clean Restrooms’, I do.

But the truth be told, if you can handle the truth 377; is that I prefer the good old days when I could enjoy the benefits of full service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHspRfzZc6M

Damn it Farflung, now you have made me so wary of gas stations that I may have to trade in my 12 year old gas eater for a pure electric vehicle. Only I will touch the recharge hardware which will be bathed in powerful UV light during the dormant periods. This will severly limit my roving radius, but judging by your annual mileage you dont get around much and you are still pegging the hunky meter. I'll look to you for tips on how to be noticed and adored within a small circle of opportunity and influence.

Remember those HF calls that used to be directed at your aircraft? "Skyking, Skyking, do not answer. Papa Tango Three. Time Three Five. Authentication Whiskey November. I say again; Skyking, Skyking, do not answer. Papa Tango Three. Time Three Five. Authentication Whiskey November."

I would have expected you to rail against the "do not answer" command and shoot back a rebelious reply. Not that anyone was listening, but just to assert your independence from SAC mind control.

377  (F 666)

Jun 29, 2011, 11:16 AM
Post #24321 of 58140 (53602 views)
Shortcut

Quote:

I always liked entropy Georger. You call it anarchy, I call it social thermodynamics. Wink

377  (F 666)

Jun 29, 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #24322 of 58140 (53598 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [skyjack71] The Original [In reply to]  

Jo wrote:
Quote:
Ever try to find a turn table to play your collectibe LP's on?

I like vinyl records Jo. It goes with my acceptance of entropy. The occasional scratches and clicks actually sooth me. The cold harsh perfection of a flawless CD recording just doesnt do much for my mood. Annie Lennox isn't perfect so why should she sound that way? Neil Young without a few scratches is just pretentious and fake. John Coltrane needs the noise too.

Snowmman is probably already writing the sound card code to make a CD sound exactly like a vinyl LP. It will be a selectable feature on your next Blue Ray player.

Thrift stores are awash in discarded turntables. I bought a very high quality one with an expensive cartridge in perfect condition for $25. You just have to get there before the turntable hoarders do.

(This post was edited by 377 on Jun 29, 2011, 11:25 AM)

377  (F 666)

Jun 29, 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #24323 of 58140 (53594 views)
Shortcut
     Hollywood producers [In reply to]  

Blevins wrote:
Quote:
Let me get this straight. I posted up a little excerpt from a screenplay I'm working on, and then suddenly a minute later you get an email from a Hollywood producer trashing it?

Geez...that was fast. Hollywood must really be monitoring my work. (*chuckles*)

They are very fast Robert. If you were as attractive as Miss Auburn they'd have you in for a "screen test" right away.

(This post was edited by 377 on Jun 29, 2011, 11:39 AM)

Robert99

Jun 29, 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #24324 of 58140 (53579 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [377] The Original [In reply to]  

In reply to:
Quote:

I always liked entropy Georger. You call it anarchy, I call it social thermodynamics. Wink

377, Using definitions from my desktop dictionary, entropy is defined as "a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interprted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system."

Anarchy is defined as "a state of disorder due to the absence or non-recognition of government or other controlling systems."

In the case of thermodynamics, mechanical work can only be done between two different temperatures and the process of doing that work is not 100 percent efficient which results in a steady increase in entropy or a reduction of disorder or randomness.

Eventually the whole system would be at the same temperature and no further work would be possible. Entropy could not increase further. Call it 100% entropy if you wish.

In the case of anarchy, the desire is to go from some ordered or non-random state to a disordered or chaotic state. Thus it would seem that anarchy is at 100% when there is chaos and no order.

From the above, it would seem that entropy and anarchy are headed in opposite directions.

On the original subject of intellectual property rights, it should be noted that they are definitely protected in the Los Angeles area. Is the San Francisco area still a part of California? Was it ever?

Before Blevins starts infringing on the intellectual property rights of others, he and Adventure Books, or whoever, should review their financial situation to see just how much money they can lose. However, I am not a lawyer and the above is not legal advice. (Is that a disclaimer?)

Robert Nicholson

(This post was edited by Robert99 on Jun 29, 2011, 12:48 PM)

georger

Jun 29, 2011, 1:32 PM
Post #24325 of 58140 (53567 views)
Shortcut
     Re: NEW- Blevins & Geoff Gray's Galleys ? [In reply to]  

Mr. Blevins had previously said he and Porteous had
Geoff Gray's galleys. Several other people had told
me they have read Geoff's galleys. Then others
wrote asking if I had Geoff's galley - I said no.
And several others who I would have expected to
have Geoff's galleys (if he was sharing them with
people) reported they did not have Geoff's galleys.

I have been communicating with Geoff Gray today
and just as an aside Geoff remarks, as follows:

"I haven't sent galleys to anyone and I'm not sure
how people, other than reviewers, have gotten them.
(I'd also point out that the galleys were "uncorrected
proofs" and the final manuscript has corrections to
many typos and misnomers and errors.)".

So, for Geoff's sake I am posting Geoff's remarks
today about this controversy which frankly, I believe.

(This post was edited by georger on Jun 29, 2011, 2:09 PM)

First page Previous page 1 ... 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 ... 2326 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)