Premier Meso
Administrator
Jun 24, 2011, 6:14 AM
Post #1 of 2 (505 views)
Shortcut
Username: georgecollins -- Classified Buyer Scam Can't Post

The following scam has been reported.

Quote:
On 24-Jun-2011 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.comClassifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => georgecollins

Name => george

FromEmail =>ogecollins101@gmail.com

City => Vancouver

Country => Canada

Comments => Hello I just wanted to let you know am interested in your (Katana 107) that goes for $1,200.00. I was actually browsing through your profile and saw it and decided to contact you to know if it is still available for sale and in good condition.

I am from Vancouver, and I will love to know how much you are actually giving it out .

I will also love to know what your form of payment will be? so I can make the funds available to you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

GEORGE COLLINS

Note: If you have been contacted by this seller, cut all contact immediately. These users will typically send a fraudulent cheque.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

bclark  (D 22626)

Jun 25, 2011, 8:21 AM
Post #2 of 2 (449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Username: georgecollins -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL,

Same guy just responded to one of my classifieds. Except this time he was from Texas, not Vancouver.
Exact same inquiry, only the place was changed.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Security and Scam Alerts

Search for (options)