Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Swooping and Canopy Control:
Xaos 27 cell brake length

MrHixxx  (D 24144)

Apr 29, 2011, 3:58 PM
Post #1 of 3 (403 views)
Shortcut
Xaos 27 cell brake length Can't Post

27 Xaos jumpers,

Just curious how much you have let your brake lines out from stock to prevent buffeting under rear riser input. I have a new 27 for a working canopy and I haven't jumped one for a while (other canopies are JVXs and a Velo). So, I just wanted a ballpark place to start off the stock setting.

Straight replies only please. I don't need to hear any "I'm too clever." answers...

thanks, Jon

skyshimas  (D 29263)

Apr 29, 2011, 4:20 PM
Post #2 of 3 (389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrHixxx] Xaos 27 cell brake length [In reply to] Can't Post

I know its a boaring phrase but whatever you like whatever you feel the most comfortable with. If you flew velo and jvx standard lenght then you prob gonna like xaos standard as well. I let my velo brakes out as much as 7" now after reline its 6" however I have borrowed a long time ago my friends xaos for ~60-70 jumps and I lengthened about 4" if remember correctly, hope this helps! I am not tall nor have abnormal arms either, just the way I like my brake settings :)

MrHixxx  (D 24144)

Apr 29, 2011, 4:44 PM
Post #3 of 3 (383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyshimas] Xaos 27 cell brake length [In reply to] Can't Post

I think 4" is a good start then. I let my Velo out about 4" and my JVXes were let out by the previous owner. They have a much lower power band than the others. Thanks for the input.

-Jon

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Swooping and Canopy Control

Search for (options)