Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Swooping and Canopy Control:
So I hung it over a barb wire fence.

jmar595  (A License)

Apr 11, 2011, 5:15 AM
Post #1 of 4 (678 views)
Shortcut
So I hung it over a barb wire fence. Can't Post

Yep, got a new nickname, Fence! Came in on downwind and had some behind me in the pattern and one to my left coming in on final. I stayed somewhat crosswind going for the bullseye to work on an accuracy jump. When I got down to treetop level the destination point shifted from at the target to past it. I overflew the target and slid the landing to close to the fence. The wind took the canopy over ontop of the fence. I will find out the full extent of the damage next weekend maybe.

Halfpastniner  (D 30747)

Apr 11, 2011, 6:24 AM
Post #2 of 4 (638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jmar595] So I hung it over a barb wire fence. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen it done a bunch with base canopies. As long as you are very careful taking the canopy out of the barb wire, you should be able to get away without much damage. Obviously if you just start yanking on it, it will probably be in bad shape.

jmar595  (A License)

Apr 11, 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #3 of 4 (558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Halfpastniner] So I hung it over a barb wire fence. [In reply to] Can't Post

I did not move at all, they came and took it off for me. Felt useless, just hope it did not do too much or totally destroy it.

AdD  (D License)

Apr 11, 2011, 1:37 PM
Post #4 of 4 (525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jmar595] So I hung it over a barb wire fence. [In reply to] Can't Post

One time I downwinded at Eloy and put a canopy on to one of their spiky bushes, that took forever to get the damn thing off. Also ripped a paraglider on a barb wire fence one time, feel your pain.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Swooping and Canopy Control

Search for (options)