Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Swooping and Canopy Control:
What colour would you choose for a pondliner?

Poll: What colour would you choose for a pondliner?
black 6 / 23%
olive-green 1 / 4%
green 1 / 4%
sand-coloured 5 / 19%
blue 13 / 50%
26 total votes

morris

Apr 6, 2011, 2:11 PM
Post #1 of 8 (770 views)
Shortcut
What colour would you choose for a pondliner? Can't Post

AggieDave  (D License)

Apr 6, 2011, 3:37 PM
Post #2 of 8 (736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [morris] What colour would you choose for a pondliner? [In reply to] Can't Post

What color is the surrounding area and are you going to use dye in the water?

kameraflyr  (D 20455)

Apr 6, 2011, 5:12 PM
Post #3 of 8 (720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [morris] What colour would you choose for a pondliner? [In reply to] Can't Post

Black. although other colors may "look nicer" it makes seeing markers much more difficult at altitude. Function over form!

AggieDave  (D License)

Apr 6, 2011, 5:17 PM
Post #4 of 8 (718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kameraflyr] What colour would you choose for a pondliner? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Black. although other colors may "look nicer" it makes seeing markers much more difficult at altitude. Function over form!

I wonder if there is a need/ability to have some sort of lighted beacon on the top of the entry gate markers? Something bright enough to be seen in the middle of the day, maybe being reflected off the water with some sort of contrasting color?

morris

Apr 6, 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #5 of 8 (669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AggieDave] What colour would you choose for a pondliner? [In reply to] Can't Post

The surrounding area is green, it is grass.
Not sure yet about the dye...

morris

Apr 6, 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #6 of 8 (667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kameraflyr] What colour would you choose for a pondliner? [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting thought! Never thought about this, just thought about how nice blue would look... Do you really think it would make seeing markers that much more difficult? Maybe I could compensate for this by using a colour for the markers that is as easy to spot as possible, something like bright orange for example...?

morris

Apr 7, 2011, 4:28 AM
Post #7 of 8 (636 views)
Shortcut

I got your point of the better visible markers if a black liner is used.
But how about olive-green?
(A colours I havnt really been thinking about before.) This would be pretty dark as well - but would maybe make the pond look much more like a natural pond? Especially being surounded by grass....
A colour called "terracotta" (a bit more red than the sand-coloured liner) is available as well.
In addition they produce grey but this is by far the most expensive one and I dont like the colour either.
I, myself, still think that blue would be pretty nice and impressive... hmmmm... what to do...

raymod2  (D 25630)

Apr 8, 2011, 9:25 PM
Post #8 of 8 (517 views)
Shortcut

The new pond in Dubai used a blue liner and it looked really nice. Like a giant swimming pool. It was the nicest pond I've ever swooped. Seeing the markers from above was not a problem.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Swooping and Canopy Control

Search for (options)