Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Swooping and Canopy Control:
Proximity flying

nigel99  (D 1)

Mar 26, 2011, 4:19 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1307 views)
Shortcut
Proximity flying Can't Post

I assume this is the correct forum and not the CRW forum.

What are the requirements for doing proximity flying with another canopy? I am guessing that finding someone who is experienced at CRW as a mentor is probably the ideal first step.

At the moment I am a nomad and don't have a home dz. This is pretty close to the top of my to do list and I'd like to do my homework. I'm still getting back into the groove with jumping but I find it useful to plan my jumps towards an objective.

SRI85  (D License)

Mar 26, 2011, 5:34 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1281 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nigel99] Proximity flying [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

What are the requirements for doing proximity flying with another canopy? I am guessing that finding someone who is experienced at CRW as a mentor is probably the ideal first step.

At the moment I am a nomad and don't have a home dz. This is pretty close to the top of my to do list and I'd like to do my homework. I'm still getting back into the groove with jumping but I find it useful to plan my jumps towards an objective.

speedflying is probably what you want to look into.

nigel99  (D 1)

Mar 26, 2011, 5:48 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SRI85] Proximity flying [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

speedflying is probably what you want to look into.

No I don't think so. If I understand correctly speedflying is close proximity to the ground. I am interested in flying in close proximity to another parachute.

Calvin19  (D 29712)

Mar 26, 2011, 10:08 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1233 views)
Shortcut

No experience needed. Just don't crash into eachother and pay attention to where you are in altitude and relative to airport. All of my crossed braced jumps are high (3000m+) pulls, multi way.
Attachments: 189906_545950106481_203002032_31620156_1835995_n.jpg (68.4 KB)

Calvin19  (D 29712)

Mar 26, 2011, 5:00 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1170 views)
Shortcut

AND tell the pilot. so he does not hit you on decent and he may even give you a flyby if you ask.

d123  (B 6134)

Mar 27, 2011, 8:41 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1080 views)
Shortcut

I don't know how it works at your place but where I'm jumping the pilot and the DZO gives the OK for High Altitude Hop & Pop. Something about trafic and circling down (plane is a Navajo). I know that their decission depends on other people for sure but I've never asked how they decide/find out if we can go or no, I've just took it as it comed. But asking is the way to go.

bucketlistpilot  (C 1204)

Apr 2, 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #7 of 7 (856 views)
Shortcut

http://vimeo.com/21790762

Did some 3 weeks ago, awesome fun. OK'd it with dzso and pilot and had a ball.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Swooping and Canopy Control

Search for (options)