Forums: Skydiving: Instructors:
how do yo do???

adolfocamerano  (D 50019)

Mar 3, 2011, 5:29 AM
Post #1 of 10 (1449 views)
Shortcut
how do yo do??? Can't Post

hi i have a question that no one knows how to answer. How do you do to reach the slider to collapse it in the tandem canopy(icarus,sigma2...)

ast4711

Mar 3, 2011, 5:42 AM
Post #2 of 10 (1423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adolfocamerano] how do yo do??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Tighten your mlw to the max and get softlinks instead of the standard metal links. That helped me most, it brought these 2cm missing :-)

alex

piisfish

Mar 3, 2011, 6:49 AM
Post #3 of 10 (1396 views)
Shortcut

in Empuriabrava, where they do LOTS of jumps on Icarus tandems, they do not collapse the slider Smile

Rover  (D 241)

Mar 3, 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #4 of 10 (1309 views)
Shortcut

If the reason you want to collapse it is to stop it 'flapping' you don't need to. Reach up with both hands, squeeze the front and rear risors together and give them a good shake. The slider will move up on the front risors, inflate and stop flapping. I do this a lot because the slider flap makes it a bitch to film under canopy with HC.

adolfocamerano  (D 50019)

Mar 3, 2011, 2:06 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] how do yo do??? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
in Empuriabrava, where they do LOTS of jumps on Icarus tandems, they do not collapse the slider Smile

i was waiting for an answer like that

Para5-0  (D 19054)

Mar 3, 2011, 3:31 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rover] how do yo do??? [In reply to] Can't Post

or use soft links and just pull the slider down over the slink on the front and rear risers. It works well, every now and then I collapse it.

tonyhays  (D 26336)

Mar 4, 2011, 7:16 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Para5-0] how do yo do??? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
or use soft links and just pull the slider down over the slink on the front and rear risers. It works well, every now and then I collapse it

If you can't reach the slider, stall the canopy(at a higher altitude, of course). About 90% of the time(for me, anyway) it'll push the front part of the slider up about six inches, and stop the flapping.

azureriders  (D 28830)

Mar 8, 2011, 3:20 PM
Post #8 of 10 (1049 views)
Shortcut

rear riser flare, then release with one hand while holding the other and grab the now lower slider with your free hand, release the other rear riser and stow the slider. Works for me anyway.

You can also have the studen flare the canopy with toggles, the slider then becomes very easy to reach

rhys  (D 95)

Mar 10, 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #9 of 10 (988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tonyhays] how do yo do??? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
If you can't reach the slider, stall the canopy(at a higher altitude, of course). About 90% of the time(for me, anyway) it'll push the front part of the slider up about six inches, and stop the flapping.

on Icarus at least.

donovan  (E 4854)

Mar 12, 2011, 3:53 PM
Post #10 of 10 (886 views)
Shortcut

with icarus grab both steering toggles with one hand pull down to chest height, reach up and grab slider with free hand. I'm 5'6" and this works easy for me everytime. You may have to pump breaks a couple of times to ensure slider is as low down the rear risers it will go.

(This post was edited by donovan on Mar 12, 2011, 3:56 PM)

Forums : Skydiving : Instructors

Search for (options)