Premier Meso
Administrator
Mar 1, 2011, 6:56 AM
Post #1 of 4 (939 views)
Shortcut
Username: dave213 - Classifieds Buyer Scam Can't Post

The following scam has been reported:

Quote:
On 28-Feb-2011 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => dave213

Name => David smith

FromEmail => biznessdave15@yahoo.com

City => london

Country => England

Comments => Hello i just wanted to let you know am interested in your Dolphin/Rascal200/Rascal202 , that goes for $1200,i was actually browsing through your profile and saw it on there and decided to contact you to know if its still available and in good condition...

Am from london, and i will love to know how much you are actually giving it out for.
l will love to know whats your best offer for it and more details about it......
hope to hear from you here is my cell# 44(704)-579-1359
Dave

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

joel_lattimore

Mar 2, 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #2 of 4 (818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Username: dave213 - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

How can you tell thats a scam, the guy was just inquiring about some information?

Premier Meso
Administrator
Mar 2, 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #3 of 4 (792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joel_lattimore] Username: dave213 - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

We received more than 1 scam report on this user, with both users he had used the exact same contact template when inquiring about the item.

toeknee81

May 13, 2011, 8:08 PM
Post #4 of 4 (559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Username: dave213 - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

Username => reyes213

Name => reyes renalydo

FromEmail => reyes.renalydo@hotmail.com

Here is my Address;21 Ry land Rd , London, NW5 3EA England,can i have your cell# so i can give you a call once i have gotten it sent. Here is mine cell# 44(704)-579-1359

~~~~Same phone number, glad I did a little research on this guy before I sent anything out. I was going to wait for a check and it cleared anyways, but going to call him out. He refused to use paypal.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Security and Scam Alerts

Search for (options)