Forums: Dropzone.com: Suggestions and Feedback:
Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization?

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Feb 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #1 of 9 (876 views)
Shortcut
Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization? Quote | Reply

I saw a reference to Tapatalk on another forum I frequent and was curious if it would work as a relatively quick, easy way to optimize these forums for mobile users. Has anyone considered it? I don't know enough about the guts of this site to know whether it'd even work.

According to the site there's a free plug-in for forum administrators - if that was something cost-effective (taking into consideration the integration with the site, of course) and would lead to a good user experience, then those of us who use smart phones could download the supporting app.

(This post was edited by NWFlyer on Feb 22, 2011, 12:27 PM)

Premier Meso
Administrator
Feb 22, 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #2 of 9 (856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Hey,

We have definitely thought about working at a forum template for mobile users. The product in question doesn't look to support our forum that we use, but we are still considering possibly implementing a special mobile template for the forums and looking into options.

(This post was edited by Meso on Feb 23, 2011, 3:55 AM)

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Feb 23, 2011, 1:19 PM
Post #3 of 9 (845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Cool, just thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility. Glad to hear that mobile support is under consideration. Cool

skycamefalling  (A 58345)

Feb 26, 2011, 5:10 PM
Post #4 of 9 (823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Mobile support would be pretty cool. I rarely ever use my home computer for signing in to DZ.com. I do everything from my iphone. Would be nice if I could upload pics or video from my phone though.

frost  (D 25011)

Dec 26, 2011, 2:41 PM
Post #5 of 9 (676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Hi

Any progress with mobile support? Tapatalk?

Thanks

Premier Meso
Administrator
Jan 8, 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #6 of 9 (621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frost] Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

We're still looking at options, but tapatalk isn't one of them due to the fact that they do not offer support for the forum software we use. It's difficult to find a basic mobile forum software application since we don't run a phpbb forum or any of the more popular ones.

Andy9o8  (D License)

Feb 1, 2012, 3:42 AM
Post #7 of 9 (599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frost] Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In reply to:
Any progress with mobile support?

Gosh, that would be nice, especially since I've finally joined the 21st Century (no, not the realtor).

(This post was edited by Andy9o8 on Feb 1, 2012, 3:42 AM)

Andy9o8  (D License)

Mar 5, 2012, 9:52 PM
Post #8 of 9 (561 views)
Shortcut

so, any real prospects or is it just on the wish list? as it is now, composing reply posts on the phone is so awkward and user unfriendly that as often as not I wind up just giving up.

Premier Meso
Administrator
Mar 5, 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #9 of 9 (557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy9o8] Would Tapatalk work for mobile optimization? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

There is some hope here, our content management system recently released a plugin that allows for mobile optimization. Costs a bit of money, but I will speak to Sangiro about it and see if we can get it to happen.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Suggestions and Feedback

Search for (options)