Forums: Skydiving: Wind Tunnels:
first time for me!

waveoff5500  (D 32087)

Feb 9, 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #1 of 2 (443 views)
Shortcut
first time for me! Can't Post

so last weekend was my first time in a wind tunnel (paraclete xp) in raeford nc. i cant even begin to describe how much i learned. me and my buddy hired one of the coaches there, his name was zoley, and he was an excellent teacher. i told him that i wanted to focus on my AFF techniques and we worked from there. i was nervous at first because we had driven to nc from ohio and i didnt want to go to the wind tunnel and not learn much, but that nervousness went out the door when i got into the tunnel for my first minute and a half. i was pretty stable, drifting around a bit, but as my time progressed ( i got 15 min) i was doing different drills and picking up on it really quickly. by the end i was following the instructor around the tunnel, doing ups and downs, turns both ways, free falling in the pull position and staying completely stable. i also got to do a lot with forward and backward movement. i feel as if i learned so much and i cant wait for the weather to clear up so i can put the skills i learned to use. if you havent been to a wind tunnel yet you should try it, atleast for beginners because it boosts your confidence a ton. im not longer scared of being unstable when i jump and if i am i know how to correct it.

end of my epic

TongueCool

Throttlebender  (C 39112)

Feb 10, 2011, 7:14 AM
Post #2 of 2 (407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [waveoff5500] first time for me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats and I couldn't agree with you more. Good luck with the rest of your trainingSmile

Forums : Skydiving : Wind Tunnels

Search for (options)