Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
AFF and A Rating

rajsingh0621

Jan 24, 2011, 8:15 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1448 views)
Shortcut
AFF and A Rating Can't Post

Hi everyone, I'm new to skydiving so I had few questions which I couldn't figure out from FAQ. With AFF, you can jump solo after 7th or 8th jump, but you need at least 25 jumps before getting A rating.

Can you tell me what will the A rating allow me to do vs completing the AFF course and doing a 9th jump solo?

Here's what I assume and please correct me if I'm wrong. With the A rating, I can go to any drop zone and show them my A rating and pay $25 or so for each jump. But until I get the A rating, I have to stay at the same school where I did AFF training, because only they know I'm allowed to jump solo and only they will let me. Or I have to carry AFF certificate with me wherever I go until I get an A rating, and afterwards only carry my A rating wherever I go.

Just needed a little more clarification on this.

turtlespeed

Jan 24, 2011, 8:20 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1441 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rajsingh0621] AFF and A Rating [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi everyone, I'm new to skydiving so I had few questions which I couldn't figure out from FAQ. With AFF, you can jump solo after 7th or 8th jump, but you need at least 25 jumps before getting A rating.

Can you tell me what will the A rating allow me to do vs completing the AFF course and doing a 9th jump solo?

Here's what I assume and please correct me if I'm wrong. With the A rating, I can go to any drop zone and show them my A rating and pay $25 or so for each jump. But until I get the A rating, I have to stay at the same school where I did AFF training, because only they know I'm allowed to jump solo and only they will let me. Or I have to carry AFF certificate with me wherever I go until I get an A rating, and afterwards only carry my A rating wherever I go.

Just needed a little more clarification on this.

hey there - and welcome!

This is a question better suited for the Instructors Forum

or even General Skydiving Discussions . . .

Have fun and enjoy!

rajsingh0621

Jan 24, 2011, 8:25 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [turtlespeed] AFF and A Rating [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you

thrillstalker  (C 40678)

Jan 24, 2011, 9:12 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1412 views)
Shortcut

you are only allowed to jump by yourself or with a person holding a coach rating until you get your A. once you have your A you can jump with other skydivers (not just ones with a coach rating).

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Jan 24, 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thrillstalker] AFF and A Rating [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
you are only allowed to jump by yourself or with a person holding a Instructor or coach rating or a D License Holder until you get your A. once you have your A you can jump with other Licensed skydivers (not just ones with a coach rating or a D License).

Matt

thrillstalker  (C 40678)

Jan 24, 2011, 4:05 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] AFF and A Rating [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
you are only allowed to jump by yourself or with a person holding a Instructor or coach rating or a D License Holder until you get your A. once you have your A you can jump with other Licensed skydivers (not just ones with a coach rating or a D License).

Matt

he is right.

i was applying the k.i.s.s principal since the op probably doesn't know the difference. he asked a general question and i gave a general answer. i'll shut up now.

popsjumper  (D 999999999)

Jan 26, 2011, 6:11 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1209 views)
Shortcut

You don't list a country but anyway...

Obtain and read the Skydiver Information Manual (SIM).

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)