Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
freefly schools

jayhfx  (B 6186)

Sep 6, 2001, 9:17 AM
Post #1 of 5 (687 views)
Shortcut
freefly schools Can't Post

yo gang!

I'm planing on heading south in feb. for a week and am interested in getting some free fly coaching done. I'm looking for a program versus just a few jumps. I already have an idea of where and what I want to do but am interested in hearing about others and there experiences.

peace
jay

Premier phreezone  (D License)
Sep 6, 2001, 10:48 AM
Post #2 of 5 (674 views)
Shortcut
Re: freefly schools [In reply to] Can't Post

Based on reputation.... I'd give the Flyboyz a call at Perris, Wicked Liquid a call in Georgia now, Olav and the Gang a call at Palm Beach or Levin in Texas. All are great coaches from everything I'v heard.

Do I HAVE to do another raft dive??? Smile

Aviatrr  (D 27349)

Sep 6, 2001, 9:37 PM
Post #3 of 5 (657 views)
Shortcut

Can you be a little more specific than just south? Do you have a certain state/region in mind, or are you going JUST for the coaching and nothing else? There are many freefly schools in Florida(and the weather rocks in Feb), there are a few in SoCal(pretty damn good weather there, too), and as Phree stated, some in Texas.. Texas doesn't seem to get the consistant weather, though.. Ya know, ice storms can ruin a good jumping weekend..

Mike

jayhfx  (B 6186)

Sep 7, 2001, 6:15 AM
Post #4 of 5 (650 views)
Shortcut

southern states, it dosen't really matter I guess. I'm leaning towards arizona freeflight.

Aviatrr  (D 27349)

Sep 7, 2001, 9:28 AM
Post #5 of 5 (641 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
southern states, it dosen't really matter I guess. I'm leaning towards arizona freeflight.
I don't think you can go wrong with AF.. The weather in AZ that time of year almost guarantees non-stop jumping, the dz has great facilities and awesome people, plus there's a lot more to do than just skydiving if you stay in AZ a few days after you finish..

If you plan to go to any of the well known schools in Florida, Arizona, or California - you should have great jumping weather and great training.. Now I'd suggest finding people that have been to the schools your considering, and get their opinions..

Mike

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)