Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Optima II user manual/setting adjustment

Zywo44  (B 35721)

Jan 7, 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1251 views)
Shortcut
Optima II user manual/setting adjustment Can't Post

So I just bought a used Optima II which unfortunately did not come with a user manual. Does anyone know where I can find one or can anyone give me a real brief description on how to adjust the settings?

theonlyski  (D License)

Jan 7, 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zywo44] Optima II user manual/setting adjustment [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
So I just bought a used Optima II which unfortunately did not come with a user manual. Does anyone know where I can find one or can anyone give me a real brief description on how to adjust the settings?

Here is the water: http://www.l-and-b.dk/welcome.html

But I cannot make you drink. Wink

Zywo44  (B 35721)

Jan 7, 2011, 1:07 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Optima II user manual/setting adjustment [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't see a manual or any helpful info here....

SEREJumper  (D 29555)

Jan 7, 2011, 1:07 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Optima II user manual/setting adjustment [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll make ya drink (since he bought it from me!)

Cool

http://www.l-and-b.dk/optimamanual.html

sundevil777  (D License)

Jan 7, 2011, 3:08 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zywo44] Optima II user manual/setting adjustment [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
can anyone give me a real brief description on how to adjust the settings?

That is impossible (a brief description).

They apparently designed it without any consideration for how non-intuitive the user interface would be. The pro-track is also very cumbersome to use, but I think they went to a higher level (worse) with the optima and viso, which is amazing as they had several years to realize how to improve their next generation of products. It leads me to conclude that they never actually watched a new user try to figure it out. Not only is the user interface awful, the manual is also a POS. Mads Larsen admitted to me that they spent too much time on the product and not enough on the interface and manuals.

I have a pro-track, optima II and viso II.

(This post was edited by sundevil777 on Jan 7, 2011, 4:09 PM)

phoenixlpr  (D 3049)

Jan 8, 2011, 2:14 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sundevil777] Optima II user manual/setting adjustment [In reply to] Can't Post

I had all but Viso. ProTrack is a nightmare. Optima has a quite decent UI. User Guide is OK, but it can be more detailed.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)