Forums: Skydiving: Instructors:
looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers

traker

Jan 2, 2011, 3:11 PM
Post #1 of 23 (1811 views)
Shortcut
looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers Can't Post

Hey guys

Im looking for a very experienced camera guy who can help train me for the upcoming season at my dropzone. Will pay for jumps, training etc. I have all my gear configured by the camera guys at my dz (flat top, cx 100, canon xsi etc). Cant train in winter in Canada.

I'm from Toronto, Ontario. I have 400 + skydives, 100 + base jumps. I have coach license, Instructor A, A and B license etc.

email me at labelle1257@gmail.com

or contact 416-320-0019

cheers,

Joe

Also, another skydiver with similar experience is coming on trip and looking for training.

thank you in advance!

(This post was edited by traker on Jan 2, 2011, 3:25 PM)

PeteS  (D 8230)

Jan 2, 2011, 4:02 PM
Post #2 of 23 (1770 views)
Shortcut
Re: [traker] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

Call Bill Dause, (209) 369 1128. He will get you sorted.

traker

Jan 2, 2011, 5:44 PM
Post #3 of 23 (1728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PeteS] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

sweet!!! Thx Pete!!!!!

cheers bro!!

Rover  (D 241)

Jan 3, 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #4 of 23 (1563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [traker] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

Why do you need 'camera training' for Lodi? I know for a fact that jumpers with less than 300 jumps have done camera for tandems at Lodi.

With your jump numbers, you should be able to walk straight into a job.

skyrider  (D 14710)

Jan 3, 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #5 of 23 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rover] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Why do you need 'camera training' for Lodi? I know for a fact that jumpers with less than 300 jumps have done camera for tandems at Lodi.

With your jump numbers, you should be able to walk straight into a job.

Reread the OP...He is looking for a camera person to help train him at Lodi!

I hope he finds a vertaran...Steve Scott saved me probably hundreds of jumps with just a simple sit down and talk over a beer!

Baksteen  (C 708753)

Jan 3, 2011, 1:20 PM
Post #6 of 23 (1521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rover] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

Very good, sir.

Nice to see that people are always ready to bring out the good old tar and feathers. Crazy

Rover  (D 241)

Jan 3, 2011, 3:32 PM
Post #7 of 23 (1487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Baksteen] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

Stating nothing but fact - although I wish there was a sarcasm 'smiley' Wink

Andy9o8  (D License)

Jan 3, 2011, 3:35 PM
Post #8 of 23 (1486 views)
Shortcut

I have no dog in this fight, but I am curious: Why Lodi, in particular?

petejones45  (C License)

Jan 3, 2011, 4:12 PM
Post #9 of 23 (1474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy9o8] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

Because thats where he is traveling to

jtiflyer  (D 27430)

Jan 3, 2011, 7:25 PM
Post #10 of 23 (1431 views)
Shortcut
Re: [petejones45] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

tj landgren or MX would be my top 2 suggestions.

davelepka  (D 21448)

Jan 3, 2011, 8:34 PM
Post #11 of 23 (1422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy9o8] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:

Cheap jumps is my guess. It's interesting, however, that Bill Dause's last plane to crash (due to poor MX) happened in Canada, but then this guy will leave Canada and go striaght to the location of Bill's other poorly maintained planes.

Andy9o8  (D License)

Jan 4, 2011, 6:22 AM
Post #12 of 23 (1400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [petejones45] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

No, that's the answer to "Why did the chicken cross the road?" But thanks for your usual brand of "help".

Scrumpot  (D License)

Jan 4, 2011, 7:12 AM
Post #13 of 23 (1387 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
No, that's the answer to "Why did the chicken cross the road?" But thanks for your usual brand of "help".

LMFAO!!! OMG! - Best (and most direct/correct/observant/appropriate) reply I've seen to a PeteJones post yet. About as "spot on" (and succinct) as it comes. - Boo-ya!

Sorry for the brief de-rail. I just could not resist.
+1 Andy!

Carry on.

traker

Jan 4, 2011, 8:48 AM
Post #14 of 23 (1360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scrumpot] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey guys,

Going to Lodi because of price. Whoever guessed that one is bang on. Also, there is a few objects in particular in the area we are hoping to hit.

Not going to work but to train.

In regards to Tj, is that his home dz. Does he do one on one coaching or anything like that?

Thx for the help boys

Andy9o8  (D License)

Jan 4, 2011, 9:00 AM
Post #15 of 23 (1353 views)
Shortcut

The next time a whuffo questions you, the answer should be a snap!

petejones45  (C License)

Jan 4, 2011, 9:52 AM
Post #16 of 23 (1341 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

well you asked a question and i answered it.... that is the purpose of this site.... not to send PA's towards me

Andrewwhyte  (C 1988)

Jan 4, 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #17 of 23 (1337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davelepka] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Quote:

Cheap jumps is my guess. It's interesting, however, that Bill Dause's last plane to crash (due to poor MX) happened in Canada, but then this guy will leave Canada and go striaght to the location of Bill's other poorly maintained planes.
You know Canada is a big place right?
Actually according to google, Toronto is about 100 miles closer to Lodi than Pitt Meadows.
But you're right, he is going for the cheap jump tickets. and the base jumping, and the weather.

(This post was edited by Andrewwhyte on Jan 4, 2011, 10:02 AM)

DocPop  (C License)

Jan 4, 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #18 of 23 (1329 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
well you asked a question and i answered it.... that is the purpose of this site.... not to send PA's towards me

You're very quick to cry "PA", aren't you. That's twice already this morning.

Do you feel victimized?

petejones45  (C License)

Jan 4, 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #19 of 23 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DocPop] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

You're very quick to cry "PA", aren't you. That's twice already this morning.

Do you feel victimized?

haha atleast my posts are on topic... you are just wasting bandwidth

DocPop  (C License)

Jan 4, 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #20 of 23 (1288 views)
Shortcut

I notice that you are now up to 3 x "That's a PA" today.

Do you win a set of steak knives now? Do you remember the story of the boy who cried wolf?

ebusto  (C 38493)

Jan 4, 2011, 3:38 PM
Post #21 of 23 (1236 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In regards to Tj, is that his home dz. Does he do one on one coaching or anything like that?

It is his home DZ, and he does one on one coaching.

jtiflyer  (D 27430)

Jan 4, 2011, 4:06 PM
Post #22 of 23 (1229 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Hey guys,

Going to Lodi because of price. Whoever guessed that one is bang on. Also, there is a few objects in particular in the area we are hoping to hit.

Not going to work but to train.

Thx for the help boys

TJ can coach you in just about anything you need/want coaching in. He does work there on occasion. Guess you could call it his home dz

skycamefalling  (A 58345)

Jan 4, 2011, 7:52 PM
Post #23 of 23 (1211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jtiflyer] looking for camera training in LODI - Att: exp Lodi Camera jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

Here ya go. You can contact TJ through here.

http://www.norcalalliance.com/...e.com/Main_Page.html

Forums : Skydiving : Instructors

Search for (options)