Forums: Archive: 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections:
As the election comes to an end.

Para5-0  (D 19054)

Dec 18, 2010, 2:20 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1294 views)
Shortcut
As the election comes to an end. Can't Post

I wanted to take a moment and say that regardless of who makes up the new USPA BOD for 2011-2012, I am confident they will be very dedicated to doing what they feel is the best for all skydivers. I have said this before but all candidates are extremely experienced and each brings his/her own talents with him/her. I wanted to congratulate the new members in advance.

I am also very curious to see the final numbers as they relate to the percentage of members that voted this go around and to see if the online voting started us in the right direction. I suspect just by feedback I have received we will have a record turnout. Which shouldnt be too difficult being we have only been around 7-10 % of our membership taking an active role by voting.

I also wanted to say to all of those that opine on here with strong convictions to get involved and help out rather than slow the machine down. The best way is to voice your thoughts to your local STA, Regional, or even National Director. What you think and what you experience will help mold future debates. There are many important topics that are coming to the forefront and it is imperative that all points of view are heard. On a side note I hope the online community continues to be proactive and that those in positions to make change keep an ear to the ground.

I do think it is very important to do a full recap of the new process and see if it can be improved upon. Especially with the minor gliches that were encountered with the online system. A personal opinion is that for a first go at it and the fast timeline we had after the proxy vote those involved should get due credit.

Thanks,
Rich

grimmie  (D 18890)

Dec 18, 2010, 4:05 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Para5-0] As the election comes to an end. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was at the DZ last weekend and asked some jumpers if they voted. Nope. Why? They didn't know a single person on the ballot.
As the old guys, I think we forget what it was like being a new kid in the USPA. I remember asking Jim Wallace who I should vote for my first election as a member.
In this internet age, maybe we need a website with the people running for office being interviewed one on one.
Just a thought.
Good luck, I voted for you too.Cool

Premier DSE  (D 29060)

Dec 18, 2010, 4:22 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Para5-0] As the election comes to an end. [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck, Rich. I voted for you. Hope to see you in Reno.

piisfish

Dec 20, 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DSE] As the election comes to an end. [In reply to] Can't Post

when are the results ?

labrys  (D 29848)

Dec 20, 2010, 4:56 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] As the election comes to an end. [In reply to] Can't Post

Voting still open. It's not over for 10 more days.

skycamefalling  (A 58345)

Dec 20, 2010, 9:54 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [labrys] As the election comes to an end. [In reply to] Can't Post

Since I am still new to this sport, I dont who any of these people were, but I voted any way. Also, since it was my first time voting, I simply based it on what I have read on here and in Parachutist. I figure it would not hurt and over time, the more I learn about the sport and the canidates, I will be able to make better decisions in the future. And it does not hurt to get in the habit of voting every year.

Para5-0  (D 19054)

Dec 21, 2010, 6:20 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skycamefalling] As the election comes to an end. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sky,
I know it wasnt much but each candidate was allowed 250 words in parachutist (November). It might help a bit, also some of the candidates had web sites to further help to understand where they stood on issues. In the future, feel free to email any of them with a concern and I am sure they will get back to you. I will agree that name recognition will go a long way, with the skydiving world.
Glad you voted though,
Rich
http://www.richwinstock.com

Forums : Archive : 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)