Forums: Archive: 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections:
board of directors taking sides

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

NYKid  (C 99999)

Dec 16, 2010, 2:31 PM
Post #1 of 39 (2350 views)
Shortcut
board of directors taking sides Can't Post

I am wounding if anyone else is upset that one of our candidates for national director is taking sides?

http://www.dropzone.com/...atest_reply;#4011609

In that thread they are discussing two drop zones that are in dispute. Both are USPA drop zones . So as a candidate do you want someone that is going to be bias in situations like this.

(This post was edited by NYKid on Dec 16, 2010, 2:35 PM)

JohnRich  (D License)

Dec 16, 2010, 3:37 PM
Post #2 of 39 (2328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NYKid] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I am wounding if anyone else is upset...

How badly are you wounded?

(This post was edited by JohnRich on Dec 16, 2010, 3:37 PM)

riggerpaul  (D 28098)

Dec 16, 2010, 3:47 PM
Post #3 of 39 (2322 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I am wounding if anyone else is upset that one of our candidates for national director is taking sides?

http://www.dropzone.com/...atest_reply;#4011609

In that thread they are discussing two drop zones that are in dispute. Both are USPA drop zones . So as a candidate do you want someone that is going to be bias in situations like this.

Nothing USPA says or does has any bearing on the conflict.

Why would I care.

pilotdave  (D License)

Dec 16, 2010, 3:51 PM
Post #4 of 39 (2320 views)
Shortcut

So don't vote for her. I'm always glad when a candidate give me a reason to vote for or against them. Would you rather the candidates keep their opinions to themselves?

Once elected, speaking their minds can be a little more dangerous. She knows all about that.

Dave

NYKid  (C 99999)

Dec 16, 2010, 5:19 PM
Post #5 of 39 (2300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnRich] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I am wounding if anyone else is upset...

How badly are you wounded?

Im not wounded at all. Just want to let everyone know who they might be voting for.

NYKid  (C 99999)

Dec 16, 2010, 5:26 PM
Post #6 of 39 (2293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilotdave] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
So don't vote for her. I'm always glad when a candidate give me a reason to vote for or against them. Would you rather the candidates keep their opinions to themselves?

Once elected, speaking their minds can be a little more dangerous. She knows all about that.

Dave

Dave you are 100% correct and She was kick off the board once before mainly from my understanding for not keeping her mouth shut and costs me/you (USPA) money. So why would anyone want her on the board again or how she could even run again is beyond me.

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Dec 16, 2010, 5:27 PM
Post #7 of 39 (2289 views)
Shortcut

Quote:
She was kick off the board once before mainly from my understanding for not keeping her mouth shut and costs me/you (USPA) money

"Kicked off the board" and "not re-elected" are two different things. You may want to check your facts on that one.

NYKid  (C 99999)

Dec 16, 2010, 5:33 PM
Post #8 of 39 (2279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

Dont need to nor care. You vote for her and I wont Wink

peek  (D 8884)

Dec 16, 2010, 5:43 PM
Post #9 of 39 (2273 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
... She (Jan Meyer) was kicked off the board once before mainly from my understanding for not keeping her mouth shut and costs me/you (USPA) money. So why would anyone want her on the board again or how she could even run again is beyond me.

This is one of two current threads where you have bashed Jan. Please stop until you know what you are talking about.

The other thread seems to indicate that you are getting your information about Jan from USPA BOD members or former members that do not care for Jan. I suggest asking some others.

I am, however, willing to compliment you on your choice of words. At least you are including the phrase, "it is my understanding" with these unfortunate assumptions.

Your understanding is incorrect. Contact Jan for the correct information.

By the way, for anyone interested that has not yet voted, the reason you want her on the USPA BOD is because she has no conflicts of interest and she is always looking out for the members, not herself.

Edited to add: Oh, by the way, I didn't catch your name because your profile is incomplete. Who are you?

(This post was edited by peek on Dec 16, 2010, 5:47 PM)

ozzy13  (D 29344)

Dec 16, 2010, 5:50 PM
Post #10 of 39 (2269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peek] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

Well if you know the facts post them. I would love them. As far as contacting Jan for them lol thats a joke.

MakeItHappen

Dec 16, 2010, 5:53 PM
Post #11 of 39 (2269 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

Dave

Dave you are 100% correct and She was kick off the board once before mainly from my understanding for not keeping her mouth shut and costs me/you (USPA) money. So why would anyone want her on the board again or how she could even run again is beyond me.

NYKid - you are absolutely wrong about 'kicked off the board'.
I was not kicked off the board.
Please get your facts straight.
You and the vast majority of USPA members do not know what transpired.
I do and have extensive documentation on that.
In fact, a lot of the information I had and talked about was brought up in the SDA v. SR lawsuit.
I testified in the jury trial and a later appearance before the judge.
My testimony was critical to the judgments by the jury and the judge that have awarded $9.6M to Skydive Arizona.
These judgments would not have happened if SR could prove that what I was saying was incorrect or distorted.
What I said was the truth and backed up by documentation.

What certain persons on the USPA board and the USPA lawyer did not know were the details.
Those small minded persons did a dis-service to USPA.
The SR folks were the people doing something wrong, not me.

I would think that USPA members would prefer a director that speaks up and stands by the truth, even at great personal sacrifice, as opposed to a 'good-ole-boy' that pays lip service to the membership.

(This post was edited by MakeItHappen on Dec 16, 2010, 6:05 PM)

peek  (D 8884)

Dec 16, 2010, 6:03 PM
Post #12 of 39 (2264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozzy13] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Well if you know the facts post them.
Nope, I can't do them justice. It goes way deep and I can't even remember half the details.

In reply to:
As far as contacting Jan for them lol, that's a joke.

Not a joke unless you want it to be. Go ahead. Contact her. She will patiently and respectlyfully explain everything to you that she can.

MakeItHappen

Dec 16, 2010, 6:08 PM
Post #13 of 39 (2260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozzy13] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Well if you know the facts post them. I would love them. As far as contacting Jan for them lol thats a joke.

You can email me at
aerosoftware_AT_makeithappen.com _AT_ = @

see
http://funjumper.com/skyride/
http://funjumper.com/skyride/sda/doc417.pdf

NYKid  (C 99999)

Dec 16, 2010, 6:27 PM
Post #14 of 39 (2246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MakeItHappen] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

I rather keep it on here then contacting you threw email. You are right I dont know all the facts. Thats why im posting here. To find them out.

Jan why do you feel its ok to post here telling one DZO to throw the other DZO's stuff to the curb? Lets start there.

Are you not trying to represent both of them?

(This post was edited by NYKid on Dec 16, 2010, 6:30 PM)

Premier DSE  (D 29060)

Dec 16, 2010, 7:10 PM
Post #15 of 39 (2235 views)
Shortcut

I'd like to be sure I understand this;
You don't feel BOD members should have opinions on one side of an issue/discussion/argument/debate?
Because if that is the case, what is the point of having elections?
People vote for those that they feel will present and protect their best interests.
Therefore...if you feel Jan or anyone else has done something that isn't in your best interest, then don't vote for them.

NYKid  (C 99999)

Dec 16, 2010, 7:57 PM
Post #16 of 39 (2223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DSE] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I'd like to be sure I understand this;
You don't feel BOD members should have opinions on one side of an issue/discussion/argument/debate?
Because if that is the case, what is the point of having elections?
People vote for those that they feel will present and protect their best interests.
Therefore...if you feel Jan or anyone else has done something that isn't in your best interest, then don't vote for them.
I feel someone running for BOD should not take sides on a legal action between two USPA drops zones and definitely should not give legal advice at the least. Still waiting for Jans reply on this matter!

(This post was edited by NYKid on Dec 16, 2010, 8:03 PM)

NYKid  (C 99999)

Dec 16, 2010, 8:07 PM
Post #17 of 39 (2212 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DSE] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

To add I didn't vote for her and I feel others should not either.

Question to you DSE. Do you feel BODc should give legal advice and tell one dzo to throw another dzos stuff to the curb ? Just wondering

Premier DSE  (D 29060)

Dec 16, 2010, 8:43 PM
Post #18 of 39 (2202 views)
Shortcut

If you construed Jan's flippant comment as "legal advice" then I completely understand why you believe she was "kicked off the board."

I have no problem with Jan expressing a personal opinion is on this particular subject (although she and I differ in opinion on many topics). I don't agree with several BOD members on several subjects, but I *very* much appreciate them:
~having an opinion
~having the balls to post their opinion and/or communicate with this community

If TK takes Jan's words as legal advice...I have no doubt his opponents will prevail in court.Tongue

riggerpaul  (D 28098)

Dec 17, 2010, 2:30 AM
Post #19 of 39 (2182 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I feel someone running for BOD should not take sides on a legal action between two USPA drops zones...

Why not?

Anybody can post an opinion.

If the objective is to convince people one way of the other, you need to post the reasons for your opinion.

Convincing people one way or the other is the objective, isn't it?

bbarnhouse  (D License)
Pixie
Dec 17, 2010, 6:12 AM
Post #20 of 39 (2160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MakeItHappen] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Dave

NYKid - you are absolutely wrong about 'kicked off the board'.
I was not kicked off the board. TRUE
Please get your facts straight.
You and the vast majority of USPA members do not know what transpired.TRUE
I do and have extensive documentation on that.TRUE
In fact, a lot of the information I had and talked about was brought up in the SDA v. SR lawsuit.TRUE
I testified in the jury trial and a later appearance before the judge.TRUE
My testimony was critical to the judgments by the jury and the judge that have awarded $9.6M to Skydive Arizona.TRUE
These judgments would not have happened if SR could prove that what I was saying was incorrect or distorted.TRUE
What I said was the truth and backed up by documentation.TRUE

What certain persons on the USPA board and the USPA lawyer did not know were the details.TRUE
Those small minded persons did a dis-service to USPA.A dis-service was done.
The SR folks were the people doing something wrong, not me.TRUE

I would think that USPA members would prefer a director that speaks up and stands by the truth, even at great personal sacrifice, as opposed to a 'good-ole-boy' that pays lip service to the membership..
I will take those that stand in the fire for what is right...any day.

MakeItHappen

Dec 17, 2010, 6:13 AM
Post #21 of 39 (2165 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I rather keep it on here then contacting you threw email. You are right I dont know all the facts. Thats why im posting here. To find them out.

Jan why do you feel its ok to post here telling one DZO to throw the other DZO's stuff to the curb? Lets start there.

Are you not trying to represent both of them?

TK said the dispute was between the Z hills dz and the AC owner FFE.

skydived19006  (D 19006)

Dec 17, 2010, 8:00 AM
Post #22 of 39 (2141 views)
Shortcut

I feel someone running for BOD should not take sides on a legal action between two USPA drops zones and definitely should not give legal advice at the least. Still waiting for Jans reply on this matter!
Kid,
This might be viewed as semantics, or petty, but you should spend less time with your feelings, and a little more time thinking. Thinking is a higher brain function, and we don't really give much of a care about your feelings. Don't get me wrong, most likely don't much care what you think either.

Also, fill out your profile if you'd like to be taken seriously.

Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm stick'n to it!
Jan Meyer Voter
Martin Myrtle

pilotdave  (D License)

Dec 17, 2010, 8:12 AM
Post #23 of 39 (2137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydived19006] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Also, fill out your profile if you'd like to be taken seriously.

The only thing of use in his profile would be his home DZ. Then you'd see (not that you don't already) that he's just whining about his DZ getting badmouthed. The ranch has been badmouthed before and it will be badmouthed again, and I really really don't think anybody cares. They love their badass reputation almost as much as Lodi jumpers love theirs, but not quite as much as ASC folks do. Tongue

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to ask that candidates in elections keep their opinions to themselves! How many names on that ballot are nothing more than names of strangers? How many people that voted online even recognized some of those names? Whether you like Jan or not, at least you know whether or not you want to vote for her!

Dave

riggerpaul  (D 28098)

Dec 17, 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #24 of 39 (2113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilotdave] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I think it's absolutely ridiculous to ask that candidates in elections keep their opinions to themselves! How many names on that ballot are nothing more than names of strangers? How many people that voted online even recognized some of those names? Whether you like Jan or not, at least you know whether or not you want to vote for her!

Dave

+1

If we aren't voting about the opinions they express, what are we voting on? Their good looks?

diablopilot  (D License)

Dec 17, 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #25 of 39 (2092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riggerpaul] board of directors taking sides [In reply to] Can't Post

What would be nice is if we could vote on their track record. Unfortunately there isn't a board member yet who will commit to always voting "by name" which would then cause their name and how they voted to be a matter of record in the minutes.

Some but not all BOD members hide behind this anonymity.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Archive : 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)