Forums: Archive: 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections:
Trouble With Electronic Voting....

sdctlc  (D 16437)

Dec 13, 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #1 of 22 (2867 views)
Shortcut
Trouble With Electronic Voting.... Can't Post

OK, I had not gotten my email about the electronic voting so I have now twice went to the USPA website and filled out the info requested to get the ability to vote. Waited the noted 10 days (at least) each time and got nothing. Checked SPAM -->nadda; checked deleted folder in case I missed it -->nadda.. So I sent a mail to the noted address on the USPA voting page (cvincent@uspa.org ) asking about it last week on 12/7 and still, you guessed aaaa-tnadda....

http://skydiveuspa.wordpress.com/...%E2%80%99s-election/

Is anybody else having trouble trying to get a vote in? I would like to vote.. Please USPA can I get my vote cast????

Scott C.

skydived19006  (D 19006)

Dec 13, 2010, 1:13 PM
Post #2 of 22 (2829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sdctlc] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had the exact same experience, though I also sent an email. I gave up, printed a paper ballot, spent the $.44 and put it in the mail this morning.

I'm comforted by the knowledge that many more totally unformed folks will vote this go-round. My forecast is a whole lot of the same.

Martin

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Dec 13, 2010, 1:54 PM
Post #3 of 22 (2823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydived19006] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I had the exact same experience, though I also sent an email. I gave up, printed a paper ballot, spent the $.44 and put it in the mail this morning.

I'm comforted by the knowledge that many more totally unformed folks will vote this go-round. My forecast is a whole lot of the same.

Martin

Hey we are Fully Formed!Tongue

I had issues as well, but we determined it was due to the account my e-mail is set up through. The DOD - DA Servers did not like the link for the voting to be "Live".

I spent the coins on the stamp.

Matt

sdctlc  (D 16437)

Dec 13, 2010, 2:09 PM
Post #4 of 22 (2817 views)
Shortcut
Re: Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I will have to break down and do the "Stamp" I guess. It is not a break the bank kind of thing but why do we have Electronic voting if it will not work?? Unimpressed I would have at least hoped for a response from USPA to my direct e-mail question to the address they say to send it to....

Honestly, I am a bit annoyed by this and am guessing I am not the only one with the issue. We as a group go through some arguing and trouble earlier in the year to get it in place and the system turns out to have issues, more of the "same ole same ole". Oh well, I'm just venting I guess..

Scott C.

JohnRich  (D License)

Dec 13, 2010, 2:37 PM
Post #5 of 22 (2808 views)
Shortcut

I sent them my e-mail address as per the instructions so that they could set me up for electronic voting, and then I never heard anything back from them. After several weeks, I quit waiting and just sent in a paper ballot.

Scrumpot  (D License)

Dec 13, 2010, 3:29 PM
Post #6 of 22 (2792 views)
Shortcut

I got an e-mail with a link to my e-ballot, back in (I think) October. Wasn't ready to vote then. Got one more, 11/15. Haven't seen any others, or another one since. How long was each one, with its link supposed to be "good" for? Only relatively short periods of time, IIRC - and I've been now watching for my next one to arrive, as I am now fully prepared to cast my vote. Your post now has me concerned something has since gone down, or broken with the "e-system". ...???

Premier NWFlyer  (D License)

Dec 13, 2010, 4:47 PM
Post #7 of 22 (2774 views)
Shortcut

Redheads aren't eligible. Didn't you read that in the Governance Manual? Tongue

riggerpaul  (D 28098)

Dec 13, 2010, 4:51 PM
Post #8 of 22 (2772 views)
Shortcut

So sorry for your trouble, but it is just too ironic.

I opposed online voting, and I cast my online vote without problem.

Do you suppose I should wonder if it will actually be counted?

Honest, I am not being sarcastic. I always said if they could get the votes, I'd go with it.

But it is just too ironic that I could vote when others have problems.

Para5-0  (D 19054)

Dec 13, 2010, 6:16 PM
Post #9 of 22 (2759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riggerpaul] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

RP,
I have to be honest I was a bit skeptical after my first attempt didnt work due some site problems but shortly thereafter it worked quick and easy. I have been to many dropzones in the area and the resounding voice was that many voted without incident. I think that the numbers of total votes will prove this to be a step in the right direction. Albeit, there are probably some kinks to work out, remember this is the first shot at this and as firsts usually go youwill have minor issues. I know that Clint has worked extremely hard at this and I find it unusual that there was no response to the above people. One problem was that MANY thought the link was good the whole time and were unaware of the three day expiraton. Next time this should not be the case as we learn as we go.
In fact, stopping at dropzones it was apparent that most skydivers voted, and many of them told me it was their first time voting, (the whole premise of the online voting). I commend USPA on this effort and look forward to seeing the few issues resolved.
Rich Winstock

(This post was edited by Para5-0 on Dec 13, 2010, 6:16 PM)

danornan  (D 11308)

Dec 13, 2010, 7:02 PM
Post #10 of 22 (2748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Para5-0] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have received several of the following email messages :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Dan R :
If your name does not appear above, please delete this e-mail.
All current USPA members with valid e-mail accounts on file are provided the opportunity to participate in USPAs Board of Directors election. This biennial election started on November 1 and concludes at 5 p.m. EST on December 31, 2010.
Below is the link to your unique ballot. The link, username and password will expire at the conclusion of the election so please cast your vote now.

To cast your vote, go to: https://eballot4.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.cfm

You can log in and vote by using your unique User Name and Password.

User Name: xxxxx1

Password: 3xxdxurxx

Blue Skies,

USPA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wasen't ready, but will vote soon.....

Southern_Man  (C License)

Dec 14, 2010, 7:56 AM
Post #11 of 22 (2715 views)
Shortcut

I have had a similar experience to the O.P. I never received an original e-mail. I've filled out the form twice and haven't gotten anything.

I have not personally e-mailed the USPA, so I need to do that next. I know USPA has a valid e-mail address on file for me because I have received other e-mails from them during this same period of time.

chuckakers  (D 10855)

Dec 14, 2010, 6:03 PM
Post #12 of 22 (2672 views)
Shortcut

figures

sdctlc  (D 16437)

Dec 16, 2010, 7:31 AM
Post #13 of 22 (2605 views)
Shortcut

Update.....

I got a mail from Clint Vincent from USPA and it had the info I needed. I was able to get the vote completed no problem after getting the right pass and log on for me to the voting page. I thought it was interesting though that in the email he noted the following:

"Every time I submit these ballots I receive hundreds of bounce backs due to many reasons (account closed, mailbox full, not on the distribution list, not accepting mail with embedded links, no HTML emails and even because there were hyphens in the subject line). Just like mailing the magazine, we can guarantee submission/transmission but not delivery that is beyond our control."

If you have not heard anything and want to vote electronically, go to the USPA voting page and send a email directly to the noted address....

Scott C.

skydived19006  (D 19006)

Dec 16, 2010, 2:14 PM
Post #14 of 22 (2580 views)
Shortcut

As I mentioned earlier, I gave up on the electronic thing and mailed a paper ballot. That said, I received this email this afternoon:

Dear K Myrtle
This is to confirm that you have cast your vote for the ballot: Elections for 2011-2012 USPA Board of Directors . We take this opportunity to thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,
The eBallot Team

Maybe "I" voted online as well? I'll ask Clint.

Martin

In reply to:

Martin

Premier NWFlyer  (D License)

Dec 16, 2010, 2:29 PM
Post #15 of 22 (2576 views)
Shortcut

Or maybe not - it might just be a confirmation that your paper ballot was received and input into the system (my understanding is the same company that is running the online voting is also processing the paper ballots).

Para5-0  (D 19054)

Dec 16, 2010, 2:34 PM
Post #16 of 22 (2574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am pretty sure that Clint receives the ballots and inputs them through the electronic system manually. So you are correct, it may be a result of the paper ballot being inputed.

skydived19006  (D 19006)

Dec 17, 2010, 7:19 AM
Post #17 of 22 (2550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep,
Got this from Clint.
"Martin,
When paper ballots are received, they are entered as soon as possible. The e-mail confirmation indicated the day your paper ballot was entered into the system."

I thought that in the past they started counting the ballots after the election deadline. Guess that they count votes as they go along now.

Martin

In reply to:
Or maybe not - it might just be a confirmation that your paper ballot was received and input into the system (my understanding is the same company that is running the online voting is also processing the paper ballots).

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Dec 17, 2010, 9:07 AM
Post #18 of 22 (2542 views)
Shortcut

Odd, I have not gotten my confirmation and I sent my ballot in over a month ago.

Matt

Southern_Man  (C License)

Jan 1, 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #19 of 22 (2480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I finally got my issues sorted and was able to vote electronically before the end of balloting. Glad to have the online voting option. Hope it is just a bit smoother next time.

Scrumpot  (D License)

Jan 1, 2011, 1:51 PM
Post #20 of 22 (2468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I got 2 e-mails with my ballot link provided; one on Oct 17, and another on 11/1. THAT'S IT! ...I was not fully prepared to cast my vote by then, but no worries. Per the last (pre-vote cast) e-mail I ever received (11/1):
Quote:
If you are unable to participate now or open this e-mail after this link has expired, USPA will be sending periodic reminders with an updated link.

Blue Skies,

USPA

Never ever got another e-mail since!

Sent my paper ballot in on 12/23.
On 12/27 I received the following E-MAIL:
Quote:
Dear Grant Spurrell
This is to confirm that you have cast your vote for the ballot: Elections for 2011-2012 USPA Board of Directors . We take this opportunity to thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,
The eBallot Team

Perplexing how USPA apparently HAD my e-mail address to send the e-ballot links to at one (initial) point, but then did not continue to do so, continually, or consistently at all, throughout the process.

Amazon  (D License)

Jan 1, 2011, 3:16 PM
Post #21 of 22 (2453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scrumpot] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I got 2 e-mails with my ballot link provided; one on Oct 17, and another on 11/1. THAT'S IT! ...I was not fully prepared to cast my vote by then, but no worries. Per the last (pre-vote cast) e-mail I ever received (11/1):
Quote:
If you are unable to participate now or open this e-mail after this link has expired, USPA will be sending periodic reminders with an updated link.

Blue Skies,

USPA

Never ever got another e-mail since!

Sent my paper ballot in on 12/23.
On 12/27 I received the following E-MAIL:
Quote:
Dear Grant Spurrell

Sincerely,
The eBallot Team

Perplexing how USPA apparently HAD my e-mail address to send the e-ballot links to at one (initial) point, but then did not continue to do so, continually, or consistently at all, throughout the process.

Is Diebold running it???Sly

SkydiveJack  (D 6486)

Jan 2, 2011, 11:59 AM
Post #22 of 22 (2408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amazon] Trouble With Electronic Voting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Im expecting to see USPA Conspiracy Theory and Vote Rigging Scandal threads once the results are announced!Unsure

Maybe we should be proactive and start them now, before the results are announced!!Wink

Forums : Archive : 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)