Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
150 way in Deland

mirage62  (C 15580)

Nov 23, 2010, 2:16 PM
Post #1 of 9 (855 views)
Shortcut
150 way in Deland Can't Post

It sounds like there will be a 150 in Deland, April the 14-17th put on by BJ Worth. Man I could get use to having big ways a couple of hours away from my house!

Deland has really been performing during these big events. The packers are great, the planes seem very well maintain but most of all the staff seems to actually like having everyone around.

IMO (which is worthless) its time to have some of this going on here on the east coast. I sure hope they are successful with it. It can only help big ways to have more places doing them, along with training for the big ways.

kallend  (D 23151)

Nov 25, 2010, 1:22 PM
Post #3 of 9 (728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mirage62] 150 way in Deland [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
It sounds like there will be a 150 in Deland, April the 14-17th put on by BJ Worth. Man I could get use to having big ways a couple of hours away from my house!

Deland has really been performing during these big events. The packers are great, the planes seem very well maintain but most of all the staff seems to actually like having everyone around.

IMO (which is worthless) its time to have some of this going on here on the east coast. I sure hope they are successful with it. It can only help big ways to have more places doing them, along with training for the big ways.

That's fantastic. If only I could get an invitation...

mirage62  (C 15580)

Nov 25, 2010, 5:11 PM
Post #4 of 9 (691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallend] 150 way in Deland [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL, you prob tell them the same thing you told me "...keep me informed" Me thinks you think your to important to raise you hand and ask for a slot.

CSpenceFLY  (D 25252)

Nov 27, 2010, 4:26 PM
Post #5 of 9 (543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kallend] 150 way in Deland [In reply to] Can't Post

Pretty sure I won't get one.

mirage62  (C 15580)

Nov 27, 2010, 5:27 PM
Post #6 of 9 (528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CSpenceFLY] 150 way in Deland [In reply to] Can't Post

Pretty sure you dont want one Tongue

captain1976  (D 7183)

Nov 27, 2010, 5:50 PM
Post #7 of 9 (523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mirage62] 150 way in Deland [In reply to] Can't Post

I love when they have big-ways there. There are so many planes around you can jump on a load whenever you want (except for the 4 or 5 times a day for 20 min. when they use them all).

I think if I were ever invited to participate I would have to decline. I already volunteer for loading and check-in and see the grueling schedule these people face. Its probably worth it to most of them, it's just not me.

mirage62  (C 15580)

Nov 28, 2010, 4:10 AM
Post #8 of 9 (494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [captain1976] 150 way in Deland [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I have to say by the third day of an event I'm getting tired.....but it isn't really the "grueling schedule" but the late nights with friends I don't get to see but a few times a year.

I have a good friend who use to do big ways...he just shows up the Saturday of the event, gets to see everyone, parties and heads home the next day......

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)