JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Nov 8, 2010, 3:53 PM
Post #1 of 11 (1705 views)
Shortcut
Write-In for DSE Can't Post

Hi out there,

By now a number of you have received this message from me:

Hi,

I am asking everyone that I can to write-in Douglas Spotted Eagle for National Director for the USPA Board of Directors.

Thank you,

Jerry Baumchen
D-1543

If you agree with me I would appreciate you sending this message on to as many people as you can.

Thanks,

JerryBaumchen

danornan  (D 11308)

Nov 8, 2010, 4:08 PM
Post #2 of 11 (1685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JerryBaumchen] Write-In for DSE [In reply to] Can't Post

Jerry, Does he wish to serve?

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Nov 8, 2010, 4:12 PM
Post #3 of 11 (1678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [danornan] Write-In for DSE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Dan,

I 'believe' that he does.

He had considered a write-in campaign but ( IMO ) thought it was too much of a hurdle to overcome so late in the game.

I disagree and decided to do 'something' to see if I/we/anyone can get him on the BOD.

Will it work? I do not know; but I do know that not trying will ensure that he is not on the BOD.

Will he serve? I am absolutely convinced, that if elected, he will serve and do us good.

JerryBaumchen

danornan  (D 11308)

Nov 8, 2010, 4:18 PM
Post #4 of 11 (1668 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Jerry, I know Douglas and will probably vote for him.... He needs to get out a message why.... it's not too late as most people haven't voted or are waiting since it can be don on line at the last minute.

A strong write-in can easily win as only about 10% normally vote..

Gary73  (D 21341)

Nov 8, 2010, 4:34 PM
Post #5 of 11 (1657 views)
Shortcut

Wow. This just adds a whole 'nother level of absurdity to this process. Not only are we being asked to vote for people who refuse to reveal their platforms, we're now being asked to vote for people who haven't even publicly stated that they will serve. Wow. I mean, just ... wow.

Premier DSE  (D 29060)
Nov 8, 2010, 5:29 PM
Post #6 of 11 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gary73] Write-In for DSE [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a little surprised at Jerry's posting.
My feelings on this topic haven't changed from my earlier posts.

First post

Second post

Third post

I'm not running for two primary reasons;
~I believe in upholding rules, standards, generally accepted practices, and I did not submit my name as a candidate in June.

~I did not submit my name because I don't feel I have the history in the sport, and feel I have a lot to learn.

I am actively supporting Tom Deacon, Tom Noonan, and Jack Guthrie as new minds for the BOD National Director slots.

Tom Deacon; Everything I'd like to one day be in this sport. I can't think of anyone that better represents the "Joe Skydiver" class or the working skydiver with ratings, who is still very passionate about teaching. I've watched him teach and watched him be an S&TA hardass.

Tom Noonan; One of the most rational, level heads I've ever met. He understands the challenges that wingsuiting, safety, and education bring to the table without over-regulating things. Noonan is adventurous, sees both sides of an argument, and even though we tremendously disagree on a major issue relating to how USPA managed gross negligence and a fatality, he led me to see another side to the picture.

Jack Guthrie; 45 years in sport, worked on both big and small DZ's for all those years, AFFI/Eval, Tandem I/E, DPRE, and always has terrible jokes. He diffuses situations with humor, has a lot of experience in real life and skydiving life, and he cares tremendously about students even if we don't agree on some issues relating to students. He's the first DZO i'm aware of to implement minimal canopy requirements on a dropzone-wide basis and enforce them (going back several years now).

Past that, I'm not sure what else to say. I've had one USPA member tell me that he had to choose me or Snoopy and I won. Another emailed me and said that he was gonna write in Mickey Mouse or me, and since he'd met me in Sebastian, I won over Mickey.

I love this sport, I'm passionate about teaching, and I would one day like to feel I have something that might benefit the members of the USPA. I don't believe now is the time, and if nothing else, I didn't follow the rules of the USPA elections process.

piisfish

Nov 9, 2010, 2:23 AM
Post #7 of 11 (1567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DSE] Write-In for DSE [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I don't believe now is the time, and if nothing else, I didn't follow the rules of the USPA elections process.
next election then ? Smile

wolfriverjoe  (A 50013)

Nov 14, 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #8 of 11 (1439 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
...I'm not running for two primary reasons;
~I believe in upholding rules, standards, generally accepted practices, and I did not submit my name as a candidate in June...

...I love this sport, I'm passionate about teaching, and I would one day like to feel I have something that might benefit the members of the USPA. I don't believe now is the time, and if nothing else, I didn't follow the rules of the USPA elections process.

The June deadline is simply to be included on the official ballot.

The space for a write in ballot allows for those who missed the deadline to still run.

Within the rules and following the process.

If history is any guideline, the number of votes needed to win isn't going to be very large.
Although the convenience of online voting may change that.

DSE - Would you serve if elected??

Premier DSE  (D 29060)
Nov 15, 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #9 of 11 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wolfriverjoe] Write-In for DSE [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
...I'm not running for two primary reasons;
~I believe in upholding rules, standards, generally accepted practices, and I did not submit my name as a candidate in June...

...I love this sport, I'm passionate about teaching, and I would one day like to feel I have something that might benefit the members of the USPA. I don't believe now is the time, and if nothing else, I didn't follow the rules of the USPA elections process.

The June deadline is simply to be included on the official ballot.

The space for a write in ballot allows for those who missed the deadline to still run.

Within the rules and following the process.

If history is any guideline, the number of votes needed to win isn't going to be very large.
Although the convenience of online voting may change that.

DSE - Would you serve if elected??

I understand the write-in rule, Joe. I also felt that running a campaign a few weeks before voting began might be a "Ross Perot" move, and guys like Tom Deacon, Tom Noonan, Rich Winstock might be affected by me doing so.
Yes, of course I'll serve if enough folks demonstrate that much faith in me.

wolfriverjoe  (A 50013)

Nov 16, 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #10 of 11 (1284 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
... "Ross Perot" move, and guys like Tom Deacon, Tom Noonan, Rich Winstock might be affected by me doing so...

Well, I guess we see this a bit differently then.

Being allowed to vote for eight candidates takes away the "Ross Perot" effect, IMO.

There aren't eight candidates that I am willing to vote for. So if I vote for you too, it won't in the least affect the other candidates that I support. I don't have to choose you over them, I can choose you in addition to them.

Admittedly, if you end up knocking one of the guys you mention down a spot and in doing so keep them off the board, that would definintely affect them, but that happens.

airtwardo  (D License)

Nov 25, 2010, 1:03 PM
Post #11 of 11 (1156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DSE] Write-In for Douglas Spotted Eagle [In reply to] Can't Post

....just to add, if someone does wish to write in a vote for DSE, make sure you spell it correctly ~ Smile

Douglas Spotted Eagle

Forums : Archive : 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)