Forums: Archive: 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections:
Don't be snowed, do your homework people.

diablopilot  (D License)

Nov 2, 2010, 6:14 PM
Post #1 of 2 (916 views)
Shortcut
Don't be snowed, do your homework people. Can't Post

Hey, just a thought for any of you out there who have taken the time to look here and find out just a bit more before casing your vote.

Do some homework, ask people about the candidates, and listen to what they might have to say.

Call or write the candidates themselves, and ask questions. If they don't respond, don't give them a vote.

My picks this year were:

National Director

Jay Stokes. I know him personally and I feel he has the best interests of the membership in mind. In 6 years that I've been going to meeting I can think of times I've disagreed with him, but never a time where his choice did not have the best interests of the membership in mind.

Tom Noonan. I also know Tom personally and again I have seen him consider the members first and foremost. Safety is always on his mind, as is ensuring access to skydiving.

Tom Deacon. While he may be a newcomer to the BOD, I too know Tom, and his ideas about this sport. I feel he is focused on maintaining and improving instructional standards in the sport. He will be some of the new lifeblood that is needed on the BOD.

Larry Hill. While some may consider DZO's on the BOD a conflict of interest, IMO Larry is able to do his duty of representing the membership without suffering from said conflict. He offers longevity of sight, and experience to the BOD.

Michael Mullins. Is actually one of my more difficult choices. Can't put my finger on why, but after watching him on the BOD for the last 6 years I'll say his words and actions match. He chooses his words careful and for maximum effect, and puts the welfare of the sport above all else when serving as a National Director. His Bio in Parachutist impressed me this year.
Quote:
USPA is at a crossroads deciding whether we are a membership organization dedicated to serving the individual skydiver or a liability watchdog serving the skydiving industry and their lawyers.

I am for serving the individual skydiver with a minimum of regulation and words.

Regional Director:

Todd Spillers: Todd has been the Chair of the S&T committee for at least the last 6 years and I hope he continues to be. With him at the head of that table things get done, and his focus is always at improving the standards of training. He is the only option on the ballot in my current region and that's fine by me.

Other Regional Directors I support but am unable to vote for.

Randy Allison. Randy is a businessman and I believe there needs to be a certain amount of that perspective represented on the BOD. He's also very knowledgeable in aircraft operations, FAR's, and FAA involvement. Critical experience the board needs, as it is not uncommon for some other BOD members to "Guess" about such things.

Lee Schlichtemeier. Quite frankly, "Doc" Lee needs to be a National Director. His role as the Treasurer is unfortunately overlooked and unseen by most of the membership but it is HUGELY important. I only wish his presentations at the meetings were given to the membership as a whole.

Jessie Farrington. If I wanted to be king of the BOD, I wouldn't vote for Jessie, I disagree with her ALOT. But I want her on the BOD for balance. She does consider the needs of the membership, I just wish she'd get out of the NW more. :-)

In my next installment maybe I'll tell ya'll why I didn't vote for the rest.

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Nov 5, 2010, 4:23 PM
Post #2 of 2 (779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [diablopilot] Don't be snowed, do your homework people. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was lock step in the ND votes with you and I added Kirk and Jan.

For RD I voted for Vic Johnson.

Matt

(This post was edited by matthewcline on Nov 5, 2010, 4:30 PM)

Forums : Archive : 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)