Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
"CoolMax" lining in Bev Suits

Scrumpot  (D License)

Sep 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
Post #1 of 9 (1034 views)
Shortcut
"CoolMax" lining in Bev Suits Can't Post

Looking for opinions on this from those who may have it in theirs. Effective? Cooler in summer, warmer in winter? Add any "bulk"? Advantages? Disadvantages? Any & all info and experiences, feedback with this appreciated.

TIA & BLUE SKIES!
-Grant

pilotdave  (D License)

Sep 23, 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #2 of 9 (1008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Scrumpot] "CoolMax" lining in Bev Suits [In reply to] Can't Post

Had it on my previous suit, don't have it on my current suit. I don't notice any difference. The coolmax lining ripped on my old suit... kept getting worse and worse when I'd catch a foot on the rip. I don't personally think it's worth the cost.

Dave

monkycndo  (D License)

Sep 23, 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #3 of 9 (954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilotdave] "CoolMax" lining in Bev Suits [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
... kept getting worse and worse when I'd catch a foot on the rip. I don't personally think it's worth the cost.

Dave

Well there's your problem, you were wearing it wrong. You aren't supposed to be putting your feet through your camera jacket sleeves.Crazy

Tongue

pilotdave  (D License)

Sep 23, 2010, 6:16 PM
Post #4 of 9 (846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [monkycndo] "CoolMax" lining in Bev Suits [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha. Honestly I don't remember where the rip was, but the lining isn't just in the arms. It ripped somewhere I was catching with some part of my body when I put it on.

Dave

burtonjm  (B 33810)

Sep 24, 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #5 of 9 (768 views)
Shortcut

I like it on mine. I've found that it doesn't stick to my body as much as the suit that I wore that didn't have it. Haven't worn it in winter.

VTmotoMike08  (D 30399)

Sep 24, 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #6 of 9 (737 views)
Shortcut

I don't have it but my friend who does said it was pretty comparable to just wearing gym shorts or an under armor type shirt under the suit... not really anything special. And I wear gym shorts anyway.

darkwing  (D 4164)

Sep 25, 2010, 9:30 AM
Post #7 of 9 (670 views)
Shortcut

I have it, but wouldn't get it again. If I want another layer, I'll wear another layer.

AllisonH  (D 29505)

Sep 25, 2010, 9:44 AM
Post #8 of 9 (667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darkwing] "CoolMax" lining in Bev Suits [In reply to] Can't Post

I have it (the Bev Suit version in one jumpsuit and the Tony Suit version in another) and would definitely get it again. But the fronts of both of my jumpsuits are Nylon and would not be comfortable without some sort of lining. I don't know if I'd be so willing to pay extra for it if I had a suit with a cotton front.

(This post was edited by AllisonH on Sep 25, 2010, 1:05 PM)

pinkfairy  (C 85665)

Sep 25, 2010, 9:51 AM
Post #9 of 9 (664 views)
Shortcut

Stops the suit from sticking to you on warm days.

I don't really know if it makes a big difference or not, because I like it when it's in the 100s, I'm covered in sweat and wearing full gear & weights on a 20 minutes call.

Smile

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)