Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Vancouver vs Victoria dz

Pierluc

Sep 22, 2010, 8:16 PM
Post #1 of 6 (943 views)
Shortcut
Vancouver vs Victoria dz Can't Post

Hi, I'm visiting BC next week and I wanna jump!!

Should I go to the Victoria dz or the Vancouver one?

I couldn't find any pictures or review on the Victoria dz, can anyone help?

Thanks

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Sep 24, 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #2 of 6 (905 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pierluc] Vancouver vs Victoria dz [In reply to] Can't Post

Two DZs serve Vancouver: Pitt Meadows and Abbotsford.

You can take a city bus to within a mile of the Pitt Meadows Airport and Pacific Skydivers land on the municipal airport. The disadvantage of Pitt Meadows is that they only fly Cessnas.

Abbotsford may be farther out, but Horizon Aerosports operate off a private airstrip that is really closer to the Mission Bridge than it is to the city of Abbotsford. Abby' also has a collection of Cessnas, but they fly a Pilatus Porter on busy days.

Amazon  (D License)

Sep 24, 2010, 2:49 PM
Post #3 of 6 (892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riggerrob] Vancouver vs Victoria dz [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Two DZs serve Vancouver: Pitt Meadows and Abbotsford.

You can take a city bus to within a mile of the Pitt Meadows Airport and Pacific Skydivers land on the municipal airport. The disadvantage of Pitt Meadows is that they only fly Cessnas.

Abbotsford may be farther out, but Horizon Aerosports operate off a private airstrip that is really closer to the Mission Bridge than it is to the city of Abbotsford. Abby' also has a collection of Cessnas, but they fly a Pilatus Porter on busy days.

Rob.. is the DZ over in Victoria even jumping. I had not heard anything from anyone over there in quite a while. I was thinking about heading over for a visit... but I have not been on the island for a while.

Oh.. and when I stopped in over on your side of the LINE last time.. US Customs at Sumas felt the need to do a wonderful full on inspection.. MAN do I hate bored peopleCrazy

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Sep 24, 2010, 5:51 PM
Post #4 of 6 (881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amazon] Vancouver vs Victoria dz [In reply to] Can't Post

AFAIK, the DZ in Victoria ia still active on summer weekends.

A couple of days ago, the DZO from Victoria phoned me, asking me to move to Victoria and work for him.

beekay  (Student)

Oct 10, 2010, 8:53 AM
Post #5 of 6 (840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pierluc] Vancouver vs Victoria dz [In reply to] Can't Post

vic has off-site landing... and pitt meadows has killer fun staff is transit accsesable and has a big plane (a king air but not sure if they're still running it) I say if you can stand the city hit pitt

ANG3LINE

Jul 4, 2012, 6:13 PM
Post #6 of 6 (628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beekay] Vancouver vs Victoria dz [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Ive noticed no one has posted here in awhile.

Which DZ is better in Vancouver? I know theres 2 -- Abbotsford and the Pacific Skydivers. Im more interested in the view from the jump...which one has the better overall experience??

Also, is Victoria better? I noticed theres a huge price difference btwn Van and Victoria ($256 vs $375). Is the mark up because it's an overall better experience??

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)