Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Smallest canopy in Javelin J6N?

absane  (A 58418)

Sep 22, 2010, 9:02 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Smallest canopy in Javelin J6N? Can't Post

Call me a noob... but, I'm looking to buy my first rig and shopping is giving me a headache.

I had found a Javelin J6N container that I like... but all that the sizing chart tells me is that it fits a "ZP up to 260." So... how small can I go? I'm not in a hurry to downsize at all. I'm using a PD 220 student canopy and I'm quite comfortable staying there for a while (time-wise anyway.. since I average under 2 jumps a week).

What's the smallest that could fit in this? That would give me a good idea about when I should resell this container should I buy it.

likestojump  (D License)

Sep 22, 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #2 of 6 (996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [absane] Smallest canopy in Javelin J6N? [In reply to] Can't Post

a container that large is very likely an SJ6N - the S means Student, and means an adjustable MLW which means a mandatory SB and possible grounding, but definite extra expenses for inspection.

Service bulletins : http://www.sunpath.com/...=3&menu_level2=2

jake95

Sep 22, 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #3 of 6 (986 views)
Shortcut

I have a j5 and the smallest I can fit is a 210. If u email sunpath they have quick responses.

fcajump  (D 15598)

Sep 22, 2010, 3:00 PM
Post #4 of 6 (939 views)
Shortcut

If you're looking at one of the two systems I've got listed in classifieds here on DiZZy, they are not student rigs.

They were purchased by a jumper who prefers larger F111 7-cells.

I happen to have one open at the moment, and a Spectre 210 on hand... Will let you know how it looks for fit if I can get a chance.

JW

absane  (A 58418)

Sep 22, 2010, 8:58 PM
Post #5 of 6 (913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fcajump] Smallest canopy in Javelin J6N? [In reply to] Can't Post

I appreciate all the replies. I think I'm steering away from the Javelin now. It's listed on eBay and he isn't offering a return... so I just want to go with something else.

I'm looking very seriously at this: http://www.dropzone.com/...cgi?ID=98764&d=1

I've got some e-mail exchanges going with Sunrise to see if I can fit into it comfortably and if not, what modifications can be done to make it a better fit (and the cost of doing so).

In reply to:
I happen to have one open at the moment, and a Spectre 210 on hand... Will let you know how it looks for fit if I can get a chance.

Awesome. Thank you.

(This post was edited by absane on Sep 22, 2010, 8:59 PM)

mrbiceps  (D License)

Sep 23, 2010, 1:37 PM
Post #6 of 6 (883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jake95] Smallest canopy in Javelin J6N? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I have a j5 and the smallest I can fit is a 210. If u email sunpath they have quick responses.
Not sure where u get your info from as i had a 170 in a j5 for ages. My rigger shortened the closing loop and said it was safe to jump. It was obviously an easy pack job fitting the canopy in the d-bag.

(This post was edited by mrbiceps on Sep 23, 2010, 2:39 PM)

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)