Username: mrjimmy -- Classified Buyer Scam

zeldag
Technical Support
Jul 15, 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #1 of 4 (696 views)
Shortcut
Username: mrjimmy -- Classified Buyer Scam Can't Post

Hi,

On 15-Jul-2010 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => mrjimmy

Name => JIMMY

FromEmail => mrjim2008@live.com

City => new york

Country => United Kindom

Comments => Hello i just wanted to let you know am interested in your(Bonehead FTP - NEW! ) that goes for $ 550.00 i was actually browsing threw your profile and saw it on there and decided to contact you to know if its still available and in good condition.

Am from UK, and i will love to know how much you are actually giving it out for. Its so cheap for that price but i will love to know whats your best offer for it and more details about it..

I will love to know what your form of payment will be? so i can make the funds available for you.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Jimmy

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

(This post was edited by zeldag on Sep 29, 2010, 5:55 AM)

JarheadNYC  (B 33524)

Jul 16, 2010, 6:12 PM
Post #2 of 4 (626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zeldag] Username: mrjimmy -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

Just tried the same scam with me in regards to my Cookie Atomic Helmet. I also sent him additional pictures without watermarks of my helmet. Be aware if these surface again in the classifieds.

coreyangel  (C 38834)

Jul 19, 2010, 4:35 AM
Post #3 of 4 (579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zeldag] Username: mrjimmy -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

This guy is e-mailing me right now about my camera helmet. I've told him that I need his address so I can quote him shipping. He keeps coming back wanting my full name, home address and phone number. I have a feeling this guy is fishing for bank info.

JarheadNYC  (B 33524)

Jul 19, 2010, 4:03 PM
Post #4 of 4 (572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coreyangel] Username: mrjimmy -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

Guys also emailing me after I told him I would only accept PayPal from an overseas buyer. Just sent a pm to coreyangel to see if it's the same email. Responded to my classified ad about my camera helmet also, sellers beware he's phishing for personal information.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Security and Scam Alerts

Search for (options)