Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Canopy Relative Work:
Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them

humanflite  (D 99999)

Jun 18, 2010, 3:13 AM
Post #1 of 19 (1703 views)
Shortcut
Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them Can't Post

So I've been getting into some crew the past year and altho I've still got a lot to learn an old crew dawg was trying to get me to come on some night jumps they are doing later this year

Just wondering if any dawgs here have experience of them and if so how did the jumps go??

ps/ Im not up for doing one myself...yet. Just curious!

topdocker  (D 12018)

Jun 18, 2010, 8:12 AM
Post #2 of 19 (1662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [humanflite] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

Go do a bunch.

My night jumps are some of my most memorable ones I have made.

skypuppy  (D 347)

Jun 19, 2010, 8:30 AM
Post #3 of 19 (1612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [humanflite] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

Night jumps are few and far between in this neck of the woods any more, but in the past I've been on quite a few. They're a lot of fun.

One of the most memorable was a night 9-stack during the nationals at ganonoque in 1986, but it was more common to be doing back-to-back 4-ways or 4-stacks out of 182's.

On a night with a good moon it is often as if it's daylight-the only difference being everything is shades of gray, no color.

If you get the chance, go for it.

zoobrothertom  (D 9397)

Jun 19, 2010, 7:21 PM
Post #4 of 19 (1592 views)
Shortcut

My most memorable jumps are night CRW. Landing a 5 stack, bringing in side x sides over the headlights and stomping the disk, etc. Go for it!

humanflite  (D 99999)

Jun 21, 2010, 4:02 AM
Post #5 of 19 (1537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zoobrothertom] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

Right! thanks guys
Youve made it sound like it is a good idea Wink so Im gonna get me some CRW night jump experience.

It sounds awesome and scary in equal measures Tongue

pbwing

Jun 21, 2010, 6:17 PM
Post #6 of 19 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Best night CRW memory...

Canadian Nationals 1996. We were competing in 4 way rotations.

We went to do a night jump out of the Caravan and slammed it together very quickly. Just like SkyPuppy says...almost as bright as day - especially with the full moon at our back.

We decided to start yelling out our "INCOMING" and "GO" even though we were just flying around in our original 4 stack. We got to the ground and they could hear us. They thought we were bad-ass doing night rotations!!

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Jun 21, 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #7 of 19 (1481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pbwing] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
We decided to start yelling out our "INCOMING" and "GO" even though we were just flying around in our original 4 stack. We got to the ground and they could hear us. They thought we were bad-ass doing night rotations!!

Awesome! LaughLaughLaugh

I have done a number of night jumps but never a night CRW jump. Always wanted to, but hindsight probably says I would have been better off not doing so.

No matter how loud you yell "incoming" and "go", I would not have heard ya, and I have over 200 CRW jumps. Laugh

kkeenan  (D 22164)

Jun 28, 2010, 7:48 AM
Post #8 of 19 (1386 views)
Shortcut

Night 16-Way diamond at Perris was the most fun and scariest jump I had ever been on...that is until the next year, when some asshole came up with the idea for a night 25-Way...then that one became my new scariest jump.Unsure

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Jun 28, 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #9 of 19 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kkeenan] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Night 16-Way diamond at Perris was the most fun and scariest jump I had ever been on...that is until the next year, when some asshole came up with the idea for a night 25-Way...then that one became my new scariest jump.Unsure

Don't worry, another asshole will come up with a 30 or 36 way diamond night jump in the future...

There may or may not be a run on butt plugs for that event. Sly Laugh

BartRN  (D 29888)

Jun 28, 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #10 of 19 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

Gonna be a full moon the weekend after Nationals during the Wisconsin CRW boogie.........

pbwing

Jun 28, 2010, 1:52 PM
Post #11 of 19 (1357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
There may or may not be a run on butt plugs for that event. Sly Laugh

Hey, cmon now....what are talking about here? CRW or some sort of fetish party???

Either way, I'm in...

chuckbrown  (D 19538)

Jun 28, 2010, 2:03 PM
Post #12 of 19 (1355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pbwing] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey, cmon now....what are talking about here? CRW or some sort of fetish party???

You mean there's a difference?

skyjumpenfool  (Student)

Jun 28, 2010, 2:50 PM
Post #13 of 19 (1346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BartRN] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Gonna be a full moon the weekend after Nationals during the Wisconsin CRW boogie.........

So.... your saying we repeat the TWO consecutive 25 way diamonds.... at night???Wink

jmpnjeff  (D 29762)

Jun 28, 2010, 8:54 PM
Post #14 of 19 (1328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjumpenfool] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

get out the search lights to light it up!Tongue

(This post was edited by jmpnjeff on Jun 28, 2010, 8:56 PM)

andyturner  (C License)

Jun 29, 2010, 4:48 AM
Post #15 of 19 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jmpnjeff] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Naaa, what you really need is flares! Laugh

FreeFlyer2100  (D 30975)

Jun 29, 2010, 7:10 AM
Post #16 of 19 (1308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjumpenfool] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

Guess that means after setting a vertical formation record during the day it needs to be repeated at night

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Jun 29, 2010, 2:44 PM
Post #17 of 19 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andyturner] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I wonder if Jim Bolton would be nuts enough to take some roman candles up, dock last on the bottom then light 'em up!

Laugh

topdocker  (D 12018)

Jun 29, 2010, 2:56 PM
Post #18 of 19 (1283 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

I wonder if Jim Bolton would be nuts enough to take some roman candles up, dock last on the bottom then light 'em up!

Laugh

I wouldn't mind firing the roman candles off the bottom, just tell me which canopies to point them at!Wink

andyturner  (C License)

Jun 29, 2010, 3:38 PM
Post #19 of 19 (1279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [topdocker] Night CReW Jumps...... anyone done them [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Laugh

I wouldn't mind firing the roman candles off the bottom, just tell me which canopies to point them at!Wink

...I LIKE CHRISTMAS TREE'S Sly

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Canopy Relative Work

Search for (options)