Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Where to jump in the USA at this time of year ?

RandomLemming  (B 105978)

May 30, 2010, 9:18 AM
Post #1 of 11 (636 views)
Shortcut
Where to jump in the USA at this time of year ? Can't Post

Hi all,

I finally have a week off between jobs from 19/06 to 26/06 and I'd like to travel to a DZ where I can get loads of jumps in during this time. At the moment, my choices look to be:

Zephyrhills
Perris
Elsinore
Lodi
The Ranch

The main things I'm looking for is
- somewhere that has consistent good weather around this time of year (from both cloud / rain and wind perspective)
- easy and relatively well priced to get to from the UK
- and somewhere that I can get loads of jumps in over a 5 week-day period. Ideally I'd like to get 30 - 40 jumps in during this time
- somewhere with packers would be a big plus too!

I'm trying to avoid anywhere that's more than a 4 hour drive from the nearest international hub, and anywhere that I would need to take connecting flights to get to. I know this seems fussy, but on a short holiday, I want as few chances as possible for international air carriers to lose my luggage or otherwise ruin my vacation :D

East coast is preferred due to the shorter flight times and fewer hours for jet-lag issues, so any other good places on the east coast would also be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

3331  (D 3331)

May 30, 2010, 9:56 AM
Post #2 of 11 (613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RandomLemming] Where to jump in the USA at this time of year ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Deland Florida has all your looking for. It's the center of Skydiving on Planet Earth. Cool

http://skydivedeland.com/

May 30, 2010, 10:10 AM
Post #3 of 11 (610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [3331] Where to jump in the USA at this time of year ? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.wunderground.com/...amp;req_statename=NA says quote frequent chances of rain.

Is that just showers, or can I expect to be rained out for days ?

3331  (D 3331)

May 30, 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #4 of 11 (606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RandomLemming] Where to jump in the USA at this time of year ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Lite sprinkles in the late afternoon, no problem. Wink

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
May 30, 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #5 of 11 (599 views)
Shortcut

Zhills is closed Tues. and Wed. during the summertime, you might not get as many jumps in as you want there.

skycamefalling  (A 58345)

May 30, 2010, 1:00 PM
Post #6 of 11 (596 views)
Shortcut

Come out to Lodi. The weather out here is pretty damn nice. On the weekends they usually have 2 otters and the king air running.

May 30, 2010, 3:58 PM
Post #7 of 11 (574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skycamefalling] Where to jump in the USA at this time of year ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks - I do love Lodi, but I'm looking for somewhere that's busy all week as I'll only have 1 weekend day.

Bolas  (D License)

Jun 1, 2010, 9:11 PM
Post #8 of 11 (496 views)
Shortcut

CrossKeys may be a good option as well.

Of major east coast international hubs, New York probably gives you the most 7 day large DZ options within a 4 hour drive for that time of year.

Premier NWFlyer  (D License)

Jun 1, 2010, 9:29 PM
Post #9 of 11 (489 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Thanks - I do love Lodi, but I'm looking for somewhere that's busy all week as I'll only have 1 weekend day.

You could combine a visit to Lodi with a visit to Skydance (about an hour away) - you'll be there during the American Boogie (which runs June 24-27). Plenty of load capacity and jumping then!

http://www.dropzone.com/...rum.cgi?post=3849584

airtwardo  (D License)

Jun 1, 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #10 of 11 (482 views)
Shortcut

Spaceland.Wink

rhys  (D 95)

Jun 1, 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #11 of 11 (476 views)
Shortcut

one place;

Lodi, good weather, big planes, cheap tickets, packers.

need i say more?

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)