Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
Can anyone help me find photos or articles about Doug Iverson?

Arrex

May 6, 2010, 8:37 PM
Post #1 of 5 (661 views)
Shortcut
Can anyone help me find photos or articles about Doug Iverson? Can't Post

I happen to know a certain wild man by the name of Doug Iverson who apparently was quite the sky diver back in the day. Apparently he was featured in a few magazines, and I saw his name mentioned on your forum. I would love to be able to find any photos, magazine clippings, or articles that relate to him. Doug is the most colorful character I've ever met, a real Helluva guy.

bozo  (D 10154)

May 6, 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #2 of 5 (644 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Arrex] Can anyone help me find photos or articles about Doug Iverson? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I happen to know a certain wild man by the name of Doug Iverson who apparently was quite the sky diver back in the day. Apparently he was featured in a few magazines, and I saw his name mentioned on your forum. I would love to be able to find any photos, magazine clippings, or articles that relate to him. Doug is the most colorful character I've ever met, a real Helluva guy.
------------------------------------------------------------
Back in the day Doug went by the nickname Iverdeath.
He was really a piece of work living in the storeroom of the "wreck hall" at the old Coolige DZ.
He had a horribly broken leg and still took my wife and I out to the speed canals for some fun when it was too windy to jump. He jumped right in with us.
What a good guy. Tell him Bozo says hi.

rdufokker  (C 13244)

May 9, 2010, 7:23 PM
Post #3 of 5 (541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bozo] Can anyone help me find photos or articles about Doug Iverson? [In reply to] Can't Post

Funny how everyone at Goulidge had death in their name. Remember Ma Death?

skybill  (D 6009)

May 13, 2010, 5:44 PM
Post #4 of 5 (463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rdufokker] Can anyone help me find photos or articles about Doug Iverson? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi rdu,
"Ma Death" was Dana from Snoots, moved to So. Cal. Elsinore and eventually married Jim Hanbury.

riggerrob  (D 14840)

May 18, 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #5 of 5 (392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skybill] Can anyone help me find photos or articles about Doug Iverson? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi rdu,
"Ma Death" was Dana from Snoots, moved to So. Cal. Elsinore and eventually married Jim Hanbury.

Yes, and I met her in the mid-1990s, in California City.

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)