Paperwork for travelling jumpers worldwide - please contribute

feuergnom  (D License)

Apr 7, 2010, 6:30 AM
Post #1 of 1 (765 views)
Shortcut
Paperwork for travelling jumpers worldwide - please contribute Can't Post

Hi guys

sorry for posting in english - no way of posting in spanish for me

I know that this has been asked already over time, but after visiting a DZ outside of Austria last weekend, we came to realise, that the rules had changed over the winter and we spent quite some time arguing over rules before being able to jump
So to spare travelling European/International jumpers unnecessary hassles - not having the right papers with you wont get you in the plane in some places.
I am asking you to help me put together this comprehensive list for jumpers worldwide.
Thanks for your input and effort!

please post your answer here

gracias!
If I forgot something feel free to add necessary points

1) Third party insurance (what kind of insurance papers do you have to have):
2) Licence (Valid through/expiry date? Indefintly valid?):
3) Ownership (do you have to carry some kind of “statement of ownership”? If yes: please explain)
4) Reserve (Described on packing card or extra paper? Serial or no serial? Lead-Seal required etc):
4 a) Repack cycles in your country? Do you accept other countries rules?:
5) AAD (Described on packing card? Serial or no serial needed? Maintainance cycle on packing card or extra paper?:
6) Main (Described on packing card? Serial or no serial needed?):
7) Gear/Container (Described on packing card? Serial or no serial needed?:
8) Who states the airworthiness? (Where? Packing card?):
9) Who is responsible for the airworthiness? (Rigger/Owner, etc?):

Needed Paperwork for Austria:
In principle Austrian authorities accept the rules of other countries – whatever works in your home country is fine for our authorities, which gives you a max of freedom

1. Third party insurance: Card from insurance company (like USPA-3rd party insurance)
2. Licence: Visiting jumper must show a valid licence recognised in their home country
3. Ownership: No separate papers needed in Austria
4. Reserve: Last packjob signed off by a rigger on the packing card (no lead seal required)
4a) Repacking cycle is 1 year in austria
5. Main: Must be listed by the Austrian Aeroclub (http://www.aeroclub.at --> FAA Technik --> Liste der zulässigen Hauptfallschirme, Liste der zugelässigen Gurtzeuge, Reservefallschirme, Öffnungsautomaten und Rettungsfallschirme)
6. AAD: No extra papers (maintenance cycle according to owners manual, there has to be no extra records for maintainance!)
7. Gear/Container: Parts must be listed by the Austrian Aeroclub (see point 6) No extra paperwork needed
8. Who states the airworthiness? Rigger by date of last repack on packing card – no extra paperwork needed
9. Who is responsible for the airworthiness? Owner of rig

Forums : International : Foro de Salto libre

Search for (options)