Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Wing Suit Flying:
The 2nd SKYFLY FESTIVAL

courage

Feb 12, 2003, 4:03 AM
Post #1 of 10 (898 views)
Shortcut
The 2nd SKYFLY FESTIVAL Can't Post

The 2nd SkyFly Festival will focus on great wingflying, and the goal of the week is to shoot some fantastic images. This group will consist of 10 to 15 invited pilots like John Loken, Jari Kuosma, Robert Pecnik, Michael Nordquist and more... Hans Berggren will direct the show and shoot the video.

DATE: June 9-15. DROPZONE: Gryttjom, Sweden.

"We'll have shitloads of fun. Make a freakin' good movie, and shoot tons of shitcool pictures that will rock the world. You will scream when you watch the result" - Hans Berggren :-)

Even if you're not invited, you might get on this group. If not, the flying will still be great and fun.
More info to be posted on www.hangout.no

(This post was edited by courage on Feb 12, 2003, 4:04 AM)

kimgriffin  (D 15354)

Feb 12, 2003, 8:25 AM
Post #2 of 10 (854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [courage] The 2nd SKYFLY FESTIVAL [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the invite, Ken. (Although you didn't include me in your posting - loser! It's okay, being a small girl, I'm used to having to talk loud and cary a big stick. And, dive down with my wings closed after the big, fat guys. Sly)

I truly hope I can make the SkyFly Festival. Jari and I will be planning the 2003 tour once he's back in DeLand (should be pretty soon).

The fliers in Gryttjom rock the house. If I could only have the long legs of Martin Rosen! For those who have not been to the Gryttjom DZ (I think it's called Stockholm Parachute Center), it has an excellent facility - Twin Otter, multiple bunk houses, restaraunt, sauna, showers, etc.

That's it from me, Kim

courage

Feb 12, 2003, 8:38 AM
Post #3 of 10 (850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimgriffin] The 2nd SKYFLY FESTIVAL [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Kim. I waited and waited for you to reply on the invit, but NOOO... but finally, when I felt I had to post it here, then you show up. Geeez, you MUST be swamped in work. Anyway, hope to see you in the skies above Gryttjom :-)

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Feb 12, 2003, 8:42 AM
Post #4 of 10 (848 views)
Shortcut

That would be an outstanding trip to make. I love technical wingsuit flocking.

Chuck

VectorBoy  (F 321)

Feb 12, 2003, 8:32 PM
Post #5 of 10 (825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SkymonkeyONE] The 2nd SKYFLY FESTIVAL [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
That would be an outstanding trip to make. I love technical wingsuit flocking.

Chuck
Chuck what is TECHNICAL flocking?
Glen

Premier TomAiello  (D 22400)
Feb 12, 2003, 9:10 PM
Post #6 of 10 (822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VectorBoy] The 2nd SKYFLY FESTIVAL [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
...what is TECHNICAL flocking?

I believe that's the opposite of Monkey Flocking. Laugh

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Feb 13, 2003, 11:38 AM
Post #7 of 10 (791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VectorBoy] The 2nd SKYFLY FESTIVAL [In reply to] Can't Post

Monkey flocking.....NICE!Sly I consider technical flocking anything other than just zipping around with your buddies. You know, neat grip-complete formations, etc. I really like flying in big wedges with grips. That takes an incredible amount of control when you are jumping with guys in three different kinds of suits. It's even harder when you are trying really maintain a slow fallrate and not fly dirty just for the sake of the formation. This wingsuit thing is OK. WinkIt is certainly the most fun I have in the sky nowadays.

Chuck

leroydb  (D 25743)

Feb 13, 2003, 2:47 PM
Post #8 of 10 (779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SkymonkeyONE] The 2nd SKYFLY FESTIVAL [In reply to] Can't Post

most fun? what about the sky ray?

vesatoro  (D 2241)

Feb 17, 2003, 1:47 AM
Post #9 of 10 (737 views)
Shortcut

I'm in Cool

Vesa

courage

Feb 17, 2003, 2:02 PM
Post #10 of 10 (714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vesatoro] The 2nd SKYFLY FESTIVAL [In reply to] Can't Post

You sure are Vesa :-) Looking forward to flying with you and the rest of the group.
By the way, we have a Super Otter and plenty of slots available for a bunch of wingflying pilots looking for fun.
[www.hangout.no]

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Wing Suit Flying

Search for (options)