Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Wing Suit Flying:
Not exactly a Wingsuit but a Flying Wing??

sdctlc  (D 16437)

Jan 2, 2010, 5:24 PM
Post #1 of 12 (2673 views)
Shortcut
Not exactly a Wingsuit but a Flying Wing?? Can't Post

Anybody know much about this? Looks like it was uploaded on YouTube and SkydiverNetwork just before Christmas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEyXKrZG_b0

http://skydivernetwork.ning.com/...shop-flying-wing-hot

Could not find really anything on line about it other then the video on Skydivernetwork and on YouTube...

Kind of a different approach with the wing on the front. Nothing was mentioned about performance at all and I saw in the YouTube description " This will revolutionize extreme sports and personal transportation once he adds fuel and turbine engines. "

Scott C.

Premier DSE  (D 29060)

Jan 2, 2010, 6:51 PM
Post #2 of 12 (2621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sdctlc] Not exactly a Wingsuit but a Flying Wing?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't know there was much public about it, but Adam was recently at Elsinore, and talking about how he was originally building the wing for a sponsored BASE/skydiving team.

Nice to know there is vid.

Martini  (D 23756)

Jan 2, 2010, 6:54 PM
Post #3 of 12 (2621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sdctlc] Not exactly a Wingsuit but a Flying Wing?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't imagine why video wasn't shot by a wingsuit flier. Interesting design though using a low wing, Yves is still my rigid wing hero.

peggs82  (C 36427)

Jan 2, 2010, 8:50 PM
Post #4 of 12 (2593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Martini] Not exactly a Wingsuit but a Flying Wing?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree...what a poor choice in camera...

Couldn't he at least strap on a GoPro or anything??

Standing by for more info!

macjude  (D License)

Jan 3, 2010, 1:25 AM
Post #5 of 12 (2547 views)
Shortcut

Looks pretty interesting, but i'm not sure i'd be so keen on having all that metal work up by my 3 rings. Wouldn't take much pressure from that to keep a malfunctioning canopy attached...

skittles_of_SDC  (B 31374)

Jan 3, 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #6 of 12 (2436 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Anybody know much about this? Looks like it was uploaded on YouTube and SkydiverNetwork just before Christmas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEyXKrZG_b0

http://skydivernetwork.ning.com/...shop-flying-wing-hot

Could not find really anything on line about it other then the video on Skydivernetwork and on YouTube...

Kind of a different approach with the wing on the front. Nothing was mentioned about performance at all and I saw in the YouTube description " This will revolutionize extreme sports and personal transportation once he adds fuel and turbine engines. "

Scott C.

Not so much...

Premier LouDiamond  (D 25931)
Jan 3, 2010, 5:41 PM
Post #7 of 12 (2335 views)
Shortcut

Thats actually very close, albeit significantly smaller, to one of the 3 rigid wings I have mentioned in other posts. Concept is fundamentally the same as the wing made by a company in New Zealand and since the wing is smaller, I'm sure that the performance could be matched by a good flyer in a wingsuit. Put some engine son it, and it's a different story but it adds additional restrictions/limitations. Still, it's very cool to see people doing stuff like this on their own. Kudos.Smile

LetsGoOutside  (D License)

Jan 9, 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #8 of 12 (1994 views)
Shortcut

Jesus, why do people feel compelled to film banter on the ground and the whole damn ride up? Boring...

vonzeeger  (D 29088)

Jan 11, 2010, 1:03 PM
Post #9 of 12 (1871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peggs82] Not exactly a Wingsuit but a Flying Wing?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, the GoPro was ordered but not in time for me to use.Cool

mccordia  (D 94775)

Jan 11, 2010, 2:46 PM
Post #10 of 12 (1855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LetsGoOutside] Not exactly a Wingsuit but a Flying Wing?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Jesus, why do people feel compelled to film banter on the ground and the whole damn ride up? Boring...

Though I didnt mind it that much here (though did wish for more outside views), it is sometimes funny to see people slap a title in front of a rough bit of footage, and credit themselves for 'editing' Tongue

TaftDZK

May 29, 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #11 of 12 (1214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Martini] Not exactly a Wingsuit but a Flying Wing?? [In reply to] Can't Post

This was the first test flight, probably not the best idea to have a wingsuiter with an unpredictable rigid wing, I don't think we should be film critics about this, the most important thing is that it did fly.

(This post was edited by TaftDZK on May 29, 2012, 11:06 AM)

Martini  (D 23756)

May 29, 2012, 7:17 PM
Post #12 of 12 (1126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TaftDZK] Not exactly a Wingsuit but a Flying Wing?? [In reply to] Can't Post

While being conservative wasn't a bad idea a decent wingsuit pilot exiting after the rigid wing seems pretty low risk. Strictly my non-conservative opinion of course.

Yes, very cool that it did fly, I much admire people who experiment with flying using themselves as the aircraft.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Wing Suit Flying

Search for (options)