Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Nov 19, 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #1 of 321 (6991 views)
Shortcut
City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set Can't Post

For December 2, 2009, at 2:30 pm. Document here: http://www.1800skyrideripoff.com/nashville.pdf

Note that the cover page reads vertically, but the rest are horizontal, just the way it was scanned.

Basically, this case will address the proliferation of Skyride signs and stickers all over city property and right of ways.

Now despite their best efforts to rationalize their actions "because everybody does it", this case is going forward mainly because of their continued arrogance and behavior, especially following the TV news stories that were aired about the Skyride scam.

Sure, many companies have posted signs and stickers on city property and right of ways, but I've personally never seen anybody do it like these Skyride supporters. Not even close.

The hammer is coming. Unimpressed

futuredivot  (Student)

Nov 19, 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #2 of 321 (6923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

Have they already selected the sacrificial lamb for this one?

pilotdave  (D License)

Nov 19, 2009, 12:59 PM
Post #3 of 321 (6834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Basically, this case will address the proliferation of Skyride signs and stickers all over city property and right of ways.

That's too bad. Of all the things skyride does, who the heck cares about stickers? Sounds like a waste of time...

Dave

Armour666  (B 30794)

Nov 19, 2009, 1:39 PM
Post #4 of 321 (6789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilotdave] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

Well there are cases that people have been brought down for the small things.

Al Capone was done in by tax invasion not for all the other things he has done. City is doing what is withing their power and jurisdiction

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Nov 19, 2009, 1:49 PM
Post #5 of 321 (6777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilotdave] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Quote:

That's too bad. Of all the things skyride does, who the heck cares about stickers? Sounds like a waste of time...

Dave

Not with the amount of fines they are discussing. It is going to add up in the millions of dollars range. Possibly 8 figures. It could potentially dwarf Skydive Arizona's judgment win.

Krip  (Student)

Nov 20, 2009, 9:46 AM
Post #6 of 321 (6581 views)
Shortcut

Hi BV

Bummer couldn't get the link to workFrown

No to worry. Is there's still time for a 11th hr out of court settlement.

I'm serious Tongue

Is it slyrides fault that a unknown disgruntled former employee stole slyrides national adverising material and spread it all over NashvilleMad

Version 2

Slyrides competition printed up unauthorized advertising material with slyrides name on it and littered Nashville with that stuff to make slyride look bad.

Your honor the state hasn't proved their case, no physical evidence DNA, fingerprints, body fluids etc and we request all charges be dismissedSlySly

Hmmm I wonder what info was on the linkBlush

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Nov 20, 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #7 of 321 (6538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Krip] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Is it slyrides fault that a unknown disgruntled former employee stole slyrides national adverising material and spread it all over NashvilleMad

Version 2

Slyrides competition printed up unauthorized advertising material with slyrides name on it and littered Nashville with that stuff to make slyride look bad.

Your honor the state hasn't proved their case, no physical evidence DNA, fingerprints, body fluids etc and we request all charges be dismissedSlySly

Hmmm I wonder what info was on the linkBlush

As far as I'm concerned, this is a civil case, not a criminal case, different set of rules as far as proof of evidence. I.E. for example, O.J. Simpson's criminal murder trial resulted in acquittal, likely due to the greatest assembly of defense lawyers in history, but he was found liable in the subsequent civil trial.

And besides, I don't think anybody outside of Skyride would stoop low enough to do what you said in version 1, not even ex-employees. Crazy

(This post was edited by BillyVance on Nov 20, 2009, 10:39 AM)

JohnRich  (D License)

Nov 20, 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #8 of 321 (6497 views)
Shortcut

If the city has done their homework, they will have tracked down the printer that produced these signs and stickers, and will have a copy of the order for those materials, showing Skyride as the purchaser.

But these may be routine court filings that are a dime-a-dozen that the city doesn't spend that much time on.

captain1976  (D 7183)

Nov 20, 2009, 2:58 PM
Post #9 of 321 (6431 views)
Shortcut

The relief is for the removal but would it entail an order not to do it again?

Appears to me if Skyride does not take them down then it might be a criminal matter or at least contempt.

If someone is trying to get even with Skyride, they will simply wait until the court order is signed and start putting them up again. A real dirty trick

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Nov 20, 2009, 3:59 PM
Post #10 of 321 (6398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [captain1976] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
If someone is trying to get even with Skyride, they will simply wait until the court order is signed and start putting them up again. A real dirty trick

That's just it. You'd have to stoop down to Skyride's dirty level to get even with them like that. Nobody I know is going to do it. Crazy

LetsGoOutside  (D License)

Nov 20, 2009, 4:03 PM
Post #11 of 321 (6401 views)
Shortcut

Great news! I hope they suffer. Bastards...

Krip  (Student)

Nov 20, 2009, 4:35 PM
Post #12 of 321 (6380 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

That's just it. You'd have to stoop down to Skyride's dirty level to get even with them like that. Nobody I know is going to do it. Crazy

The Buttler would do itUnsure

Of course the disgruntled employee would do it.Unsure There's always a disgruntled employeeUnsure

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Nov 20, 2009, 4:37 PM
Post #13 of 321 (6378 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

The Buttler would do itUnsure

Of course the disgruntled employee would do it.Unsure There's always a disgruntled employeeUnsure

There are many disgruntled ex-employees of ASC/Skyride out there, but they've either moved on, or are helping authorities in various court cases.

skydived19006  (D 19006)

Nov 23, 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #14 of 321 (6182 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Quote:

Dave

As I understand the fine would be $50/day per sticker/sign, and that there are in excess of 500 of them out there. It doesn't take much of a math-a-magician to see $25,000 a day adding up fairly quickly!

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Dec 1, 2009, 1:06 PM
Post #15 of 321 (5927 views)
Shortcut

Court date is tomorrow. Cool

Driver1  (D License)

Dec 1, 2009, 1:43 PM
Post #16 of 321 (5897 views)
Shortcut

From what I am hearing, the legal people in Nashville have taken extra precautions to keep the sacrificial lambs from getting drug in to it, and I have also heard that they are well prepared for the Cary Shell Game. I for one hope that's the case.

Go get 'em guys!

MrLicious  (D License)

Dec 2, 2009, 9:31 AM
Post #17 of 321 (5777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Driver1] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

Is anybody going to this? If so can we get a report when it's over?

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Dec 2, 2009, 2:27 PM
Post #18 of 321 (5719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrLicious] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Is anybody going to this? If so can we get a report when it's over?

We'll find out in due time. I did find out that the judge assigned to the case is a no-bull-shit judge. He won't put up with any bullshit from the Skyride people. Smile

(This post was edited by BillyVance on Dec 2, 2009, 2:28 PM)

Nutz  (D License)

Dec 3, 2009, 2:33 AM
Post #19 of 321 (5641 views)
Shortcut

Wait - let me guess - it was continued. Tongue

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Dec 3, 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #20 of 321 (5576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nutz] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Wait - let me guess - it was continued. Tongue

Yeah it was, something about their lawyer saying the company is based in Georgia and that the court has no jurisdiction over them. Crazy

Well hey, Nashville Metro knew something like this was coming. But don't worry, they'll see it through.

johndh1  (A License)

Dec 3, 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #21 of 321 (5527 views)
Shortcut

Hey Billy, wonder if that would work with a speeding ticket?

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Dec 3, 2009, 1:03 PM
Post #22 of 321 (5515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johndh1] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey Billy, wonder if that would work with a speeding ticket?

LMAO. Never seen it work, unless YOU show up at the wrong court. Laugh

JohnRich  (D License)

Dec 3, 2009, 2:44 PM
Post #23 of 321 (5487 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Yeah it was, something about their lawyer saying the company is based in Georgia and that the court has no jurisdiction over them. Crazy Well hey, Nashville Metro knew something like this was coming. But don't worry, they'll see it through.

So, according to Skyride, because they're based in Georgia, they are therefore allowed to violate the city codes everywhere they want outside their home state?

That's the same bad attitude that has them held in such disrepute already...

hckimball  (D License)

Dec 5, 2009, 2:12 PM
Post #24 of 321 (5393 views)
Shortcut

Yeah it was, something about their lawyer saying the company is based in Georgia and that the court has no jurisdiction over them. Crazy

Well hey, Nashville Metro knew something like this was coming. But don't worry, they'll see it through.
how are you getting this insider information about the alleged defendant??? are you banging the judge or bailiff or something? i dont understand how you apparently always know more than said parties in question

DeNReN  (B 5642)

Dec 5, 2009, 5:19 PM
Post #25 of 321 (5343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hckimball] City of Nashville vs Skyride court date set [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

how are you getting this insider information about the alleged defendant??? are you banging the judge or bailiff or something? i dont understand how you apparently always know more than said parties in question
Billy just listens very carefully.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)