Forums: Archive: 2008-2009 USPA BOD Elections:
Winter BOD Meeting S&TA Subject

legalize1966  (D License)

Nov 15, 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1278 views)
Shortcut
Winter BOD Meeting S&TA Subject Can't Post

I would like to ask the BOD to review all the S&TA appointments.

I think if there is an S&TA appointed who is not regularly jumping in thier region (or at the DZ appointed for) the appointment should expire.

They should also define "At Large" better. Do "At Large" S&TA's actually "out rank" DZ S&TA's in the region as one RD recently stated?

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Nov 15, 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [legalize1966] Winter BOD Meeting S&TA Subject [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you directly contact the BOD to ask for your topic to be considered? There are official methods that need to be followed to place items on the agenda and just posting here is not one of them.

Also you need to talk to your RD since some of this is all laid out in the S&TA manual for official answers.

There is a long history of At Large and S&TA's for events only. WFFC used to have a S&TA assigned to the event that was not an S&TA for anything else.

EDYDO  (D 1521)

Nov 16, 2009, 6:12 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1201 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I would like to ask the BOD to review all the S&TA appointments.

I think if there is an S&TA appointed who is not regularly jumping in thier region (or at the DZ appointed for) the appointment should expire.

They should also define "At Large" better. Do "At Large" S&TA's actually "out rank" DZ S&TA's in the region as one RD recently stated?

Please look at the USPA Web page for the S&TA Manual. It is a free download. All S&TAs expire in March of odd years and require an appointment from their Regional Director. If an S&TA changes Regions, he/she is no longer an S&TA. It is the responsibility of the RD to review each appointment annually.

I have never experienced an issue with the "at large" term, but my first thought would be that an At Large S&TA falls under the category of a visiting S&TA at a DZ. Someone else may view it differently. There are a couple of At Large S&TAs in the Mid-Atlantic who hold the designation because they need it for traveling demos.

The USPA Board of Directors as a whole cannot know the individuals well enough to get involved in S&TA issues. It is the RDs job to know.

Ed Dixon
Mid-Atlantic

legalize1966  (D License)

Nov 17, 2009, 4:56 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [EDYDO] Winter BOD Meeting S&TA Subject [In reply to] Can't Post

No USPA needs to look at this as the RD is part of the problem.

EDYDO  (D 1521)

Nov 17, 2009, 5:26 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1128 views)
Shortcut

RDs are elected by the Region members. Put up your best candidate and get members to vote. You (plural) get what you vote for. The next election cycle begins June 1 of next year. Everyone has until then to announce their intentions to run for office. Start now to get someone you prefer ready.

Ed

Premier billvon  (D 16479)
Nov 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1101 views)
Shortcut

>No USPA needs to look at this as the RD is part of the problem.

I'd rather have the people in a given area "look at" the RD and elect a different one if they don't like them.

Forums : Archive : 2008-2009 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)