Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
DCR-IP5

freeflir29  (D 10000000)

Aug 23, 2001, 11:24 AM
Post #1 of 8 (690 views)
Shortcut
DCR-IP5 Can't Post

How much is it? Is it as great as the article said? It says the tapes are 70% smaller than a standard DV cassette. Thoughts from anyone who has one.

"Don't give a F$#ck if I'm comin or leavin"-Pappa Roach
Clay

Premier quade  (D 22635)
Aug 23, 2001, 1:19 PM
Post #2 of 8 (678 views)
Shortcut
Re: DCR-IP5 [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not listed on the USA Sony web site yet and I don't even think it's available in Japan yet. They just announced it within the last month or so. You'll probably see something like it here in the US within 6 months to a year or so.

Price point is probably right up there with the PC-110 as this is a new product line.

I -don't- think I'll be the first to check out a new camera and new tape format with a new interface. I'd rather stick with tried and true. Let somebody else live on the bleeding edge -- I need stuff that works.

Paul

futurecam.com/skydive.html

mountainman  (A License)

Aug 23, 2001, 1:48 PM
Post #3 of 8 (676 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Price point is probably right up there with the PC-110 as this is a new product line.
I would think they would be MUCH more expensive since they are new. Don't they usually come down in price in about a year after release??

And yeah, I would wait too. Gotta let those "cutting edge" people buy them, screw with them and find the problems, and then buy the news ones with bugs worked out (and instructions how to use them best for skydiving).

--------------
Drop on in...leave a message

DZBone  (D 14358)

Aug 23, 2001, 2:14 PM
Post #4 of 8 (675 views)
Shortcut

Cool, because we should now expect a drop in the PC-110, PC-9 prices, I would think!

Premier quade  (D 22635)
Aug 23, 2001, 3:25 PM
Post #5 of 8 (670 views)
Shortcut

It's a whole new product line so . . . I would expect the pricing to be competitive within the Sony line, otherwise nobody is going to buy it and I would not really expect the PC-110 types to drop too much since their still the top of their line. However, I would expect a model revision to the PC-110 types with -slightly- better, smaller, different, but not a whole LOT smaller, different or better and AT the same price point as the current models.

At least, this is how Sony has historically operated.

Paul

mountainman  (A License)

Aug 23, 2001, 3:29 PM
Post #6 of 8 (668 views)
Shortcut

Who makes the DCR?? and you do think it's better than the Sonys??

--------------
Drop on in...leave a message

Premier quade  (D 22635)
Aug 23, 2001, 4:56 PM
Post #7 of 8 (665 views)
Shortcut

This is a -Sony- product we're talking about.

DZBone  (D 14358)

Aug 23, 2001, 8:30 PM
Post #8 of 8 (656 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
this is how Sony has historically operated
Clever boys.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)