Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Swooping and Canopy Control:
Big shout out to Brian Germain

StreetScooby

Aug 16, 2009, 6:24 PM
Post #1 of 13 (4086 views)
Shortcut
Big shout out to Brian Germain Can't Post

I took Brian's canopy control course this weekend at The Ranch. It was a life changing experience for me. Brian gives vocabulary, experience, ideas as part of his course. It's like being under a water fall, there's so much information there. And, it doesn't stop Laugh

Thank you, Brian.

Rookie120  (D 22748)

Aug 21, 2009, 6:06 PM
Post #2 of 13 (3757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StreetScooby] Big shout out to Brian Germain [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
It's like being under a water fall, there's so much information there.

Sounds like me when I was talking to him on the phone.
I call to ask about the Samurai and when I should expect my canopy and I end up in a 2 hour talk about everything. I hope to take a course by him one of these days. I true gentleman and teacher! Glad you had great time.

shah269  (A 59581)

Aug 24, 2009, 7:09 AM
Post #3 of 13 (3647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rookie120] Big shout out to Brian Germain [In reply to] Can't Post

Same here!
I took his class at Sussex.
Unfortunately I couldn't take the second day due to a lack of transportation but that being said I feel so much more comfortable now than I ever did!
I took about 20 pages of notes and my head was just so full after day one that I couldn't sleep!

As a student I feel that everyone should take this class, unless your some sort of wonder sky god who feels super comfy under canopy.
Great class, cant wait to read the book! Smile

flyfast1966  (C 37018)

Aug 24, 2009, 7:13 AM
Post #4 of 13 (3644 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shah269] Big shout out to Brian Germain [In reply to] Can't Post

Same here Brain Germain was an awsome instructor at SDC this year.

AndyMan  (D 25698)

Sep 1, 2009, 4:15 PM
Post #5 of 13 (3463 views)
Shortcut

I'm a big fan of Brian's courses - I encourage everyone I meet to take his courses, no matter how many jumps you've got. He's a great teacher.

_Am

aerialcameraman  (D 27629)

Sep 13, 2009, 7:55 PM
Post #6 of 13 (3251 views)
Shortcut

I have been looking for someone to do a canopy course at our DZ and was just wondering what the cost is to get brian to come and do one? And how his course is ran ?

rhanold  (D License)

Sep 13, 2009, 8:15 PM
Post #7 of 13 (3245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aerialcameraman] Big shout out to Brian Germain [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not know how much he charges but as for your other question I will stand in line with the others in this thread and tell you it was well worth it. Very relaxed atmosphere and very very enlightening.

aerialcameraman  (D 27629)

Sep 14, 2009, 6:53 PM
Post #8 of 13 (3195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rhanold] Big shout out to Brian Germain [In reply to] Can't Post

What is the best way to get ahold of him? I would like to know a cost and how his course plan is ran.

theonlyski  (D License)

Sep 14, 2009, 7:45 PM
Post #9 of 13 (3187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aerialcameraman] Big shout out to Brian Germain [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
What is the best way to get ahold of him? I would like to know a cost and how his course plan is ran.

http://www.bigairsportz.com/getbrian-teach.php

His email address and phone number are elsewhere on the site.

*puts the spoon away*

BrianSGermain  (D 11154)

Nov 4, 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #10 of 13 (2868 views)
Shortcut

Thank you so much. I truly appreciate it. I look forward to many more courses in the coming year!

Skyshark101

Dec 14, 2012, 8:46 AM
Post #11 of 13 (2194 views)
Shortcut

Wink Brain i have heard really good stuff about you i would like to get a copy of your books etc so i can take up this new mission with two tours of duty overs i want to start something for me i did the tandum looking forward and moving forward

please

adivse

Code:

FataMorgana  (C License)

Dec 14, 2012, 11:02 AM
Post #12 of 13 (2126 views)
Shortcut

I concur. I took Brians two day course at Virginia Skydiving Canter and left truly inspired not only by Brians in-depth knowledge but also unmatched perspective on skydiving and risks associated with it. Plus, we also had a lot of fun doing it. Thank you, Brian.

BrianSGermain  (D 11154)

Dec 22, 2012, 9:52 PM
Post #13 of 13 (1706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Skyshark101] Big shout out to Brian Germain [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Wink Brain i have heard really good stuff about you i would like to get a copy of your books etc so i can take up this new mission with two tours of duty overs i want to start something for me i did the tandum looking forward and moving forward

please

adivse

Code:

There are a great many books to read, and there are lots of articles on dz.com that are worth reading. The SkydiveRadio.com podcasts are also a hugely valuable source of information The amount of knowledge necessary to be a safe skydiver can seem insurmountable, but if you keep on learning, you will get what you need. Just remember why you are doing it, and you will have all the motivation you need.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Swooping and Canopy Control

Search for (options)