Forums: Dropzone.com: Suggestions and Feedback:
Login/Logout

Andy9o8  (D License)

Jul 26, 2009, 3:35 PM
Post #1 of 4 (873 views)
Shortcut
Login/Logout Quote | Reply

A funny thread in Bonfire, this one, about someone not logging out of DZ.com, and someone posting sick shit ostensibly under his screen name, got me thinking. Currently, you have to go to the Home page and click "Logout" to be logged off. But if you just close your browser window, you'll still be logged in. That way (assuming Cookies and History aren't deleted), someone else using that computer could get back on to DZ.com and immediately be logged in as you. The mischief could get ugly.

Must that feature be included in DZ.com? In other words, why not, as some other websites do, have a "keep me logged on" box to either check or not check, so that if you don't opt to check the box, you'll automatically be logged off just by closing the browser?

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jul 26, 2009, 4:25 PM
Post #2 of 4 (854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy9o8] Login/Logout [In reply to] Quote | Reply

As long as I don't leave another browser window open, I'm logged out of dz.com every time I close the site. Is that not the same for you?

Andy9o8  (D License)

Jul 26, 2009, 8:56 PM
Post #3 of 4 (846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Login/Logout [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In reply to:
As long as I don't leave another browser window open, I'm logged out of dz.com every time I close the site. Is that not the same for you?

It's not. Both Firefox and IE. Must logoff manually on home page.

madhatter  (B 2075)

Jul 27, 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #4 of 4 (821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy9o8] Login/Logout [In reply to] Quote | Reply

There's a logout button in the "My Stuff" menu to the left of the screen (unless you disabled that..).

Did you perhaps click on the "remember me" checkbox when logging in? I'm using Firefox and closed and re-opened just to check - I was logged off automatically.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Suggestions and Feedback

Search for (options)